Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Any console players going to try the free PC weekend?

I'm tempted by the better graphics and framerates but I'm worried it might be so good I need to buy everything again.

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Nope, my computer is on it's last legs and I can't really download anything anymore. I can barely even play Minecraft on my pc without it freeze lagging every time I try to move.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    If Dead by Daylight was free I’d consider it, just to see how well it would run.

However, I doubt most people with consoles even have a good enough PC to run DBD at any decent settings. Due to how poorly optimized it is.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@ModernFable said:
    If Dead by Daylight was free I’d consider it, just to see how well it would run.

However, I doubt most people with consoles even have a good enough PC to run DBD at any decent settings. Due to how poorly optimized it is.

Like two years ago, ironically, I could have. But some errors messed up my computer so bad I can't use it as I did that time ago.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    I play it both in PC and PS4, being PS4 the preferred one because I play from bed esentially haha
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    No. I already have the game on PC but I don't want to grind everything again. Plus my PC is SHIET so I cant really play it. My console has better fps than my PC so that's saying something. Might just buy the chapters tho since they're on sale 
  • raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20

@ModernFable said:

Until just before Christmas I ran DBD just fine at 1080P Medium on a graphics card from 2012.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I have a pc that can run it, I just have no desire to. DBD is something my wife and I do together, switching back and forth between matches. Killing survivors for an hour or two is our bonding time. Playing on PC would kill some of the fun for us.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247
    Gorgonia said:
    I play it both in PC and PS4, being PS4 the preferred one because I play from bed esentially haha
    I play on PC and play from bed using a PS4 controller.
  • venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    I played my first games on PC last night coming from PS4.  Played as the huntress and omg what a difference. I want used to the kb part of it but I still got 3 kills. I felt a lil bad these guys. My totem was in plain sight and they just kept doing gens. I had to let the last one get the hatch
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I don't have a good PC

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@LCGaster said:
    I don't have a good PC

same, and I don't like using wasd or arrow keys, too used to controller and I would be at a dis-advantage

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@lasombra1979 said:
    I have a pc that can run it, I just have no desire to. DBD is something my wife and I do together, switching back and forth between matches. Killing survivors for an hour or two is our bonding time. Playing on PC would kill some of the fun for us.

Mrs JawsIsTheNextKiller and I do the same. Unfortunately she hogs playstation and annoyingly, she is a far better player than I am. She's sat in her toxic SWF death squad right now with her headphones on so I thought it would be a good idea to practice on the PC since I can't communicate with her,

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

Of course this happens AFTER I got a new pc and bought DBD...... #########!

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

@ModernFable said:

It's free this weekend so I though I would try it. But you are right about the optimisation, I bought a GeForce 770 ages ago for Witcher 3 so naturally I thought I will put it on Ultra and get amazing frame rates on DBD. I do not!

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@LCGaster said:
    I don't have a good PC

same, and I don't like using wasd or arrow keys, too used to controller and I would be at a dis-advantage

You have no idea! I've been trying it using WASD, CTRL, ALT and Space for thowing a pallet down. My left hand feels like a claw! A hags claw even.

4 games in against level 20 using WASD, sacrificed on all of them. I managed a pip.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

@BigBadPiggy said:

Did you at least catch the game on offer? Most of the DLC is on offer too.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@BigBadPiggy said:

Did you at least catch the game on offer? Most of the DLC is on offer too.

I think it was around $20. But if the dlc are cheaper than hell yeah!
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    Gorgonia said:

I never even thought about that. It beats watching TrueTalent for my fix (no disrespect meant to him of course). I could move my graphics card to the upstairs PC! Does the game recognise X, O Triangle and Square or does it think it is an Xbox controller?

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

I tried it but the controls feel so weird to me.
    My freak is showing :(

• JawsIsTheNextKiller

@Jesya said:

Ok so I've given up on WSAD and switched to an xbox controller, its fine but it keeps telling me to press stupid things like LB whatever the flip that is. If I get off Rank 20 on PC I've got no chance if I'm against mouse jockeys!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:
    I'm tempted by the better graphics and framerates but I'm worried it might be so good I need to buy everything again.

You only need to buy the basegame and leatherface. You dont need anything else tbh

• Master

@Jesya said:

You can play with controller on PC too, but I wouldnt recommend it when playing killer :wink:

• Jesya
    edited January 2019

@Master said:

@Jesya said:

You can play with controller on PC too, but I wouldnt recommend it when playing killer :wink:

Then why play? :D
    I dunno the shift for run just felt awkward.... does everyone keep the same key setup?
    (WASD I'm fine with)

• Master

@Jesya said:

@Master said:

@Jesya said:

Then why play? :D
    I dunno the shift for run just felt awkward.... does everyone keep the same key setup?
    (WASD I'm fine with)

I didnt change the keysettings, but you can of course.
    Since you are talking about pressing shift for sprinting, I assume you mainly play survivor. For survivors it doesnt really matter whether you use keyboard or controller since you dont have to aim at all.
    Simply plug in your controller into the PC and have the same controller experience, but with better performance

• Jesya

I was ok with the killer keybinds. I play both half and half.
    The survivor I struggled with so I went back to my xbox :(

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

is very much going to give it a go....esp since it's free....though i will need to get use to the keys lol

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

One more reason to get crossplay ability ;)
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Gorgonia said:
    But I would have to connect the laptop to the tv and pair the joystick... and my PS4 account got almost every item and stuff. I got it for PC like 2 months ago and only have like 60 hs in
  • Kamikaze_Rose

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

@Kamikaze_Rose said:
    Gorgonia said:

I never even thought about that. It beats watching TrueTalent for my fix (no disrespect meant to him of course). I could move my graphics card to the upstairs PC! Does the game recognise X, O Triangle and Square or does it think it is an Xbox controller?

It thinks it's an X-Box controller, but I've gotten used to it. My PC is near my bed, so the cord extends that far, at least. I just can't get used to K&M on PC for this game. I played on PS4 so long before switching to PC that I just continued using the controller when I made the switch.

• KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

Hell no.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    If no could maby

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Gorgonia said:
    Gorgonia said:
    But I would have to connect the laptop to the tv and pair the joystick... and my PS4 account got almost every item and stuff. I got it for PC like 2 months ago and only have like 60 hs in
    Playing with a controller on pc is just handycapping yourself 
  • Master

@Jesya said:
    I was ok with the killer keybinds. I play both half and half.
    The survivor I struggled with so I went back to my xbox :(

As I said, just use your controller when playing survivor. This way you only have the performance advantage and no disadvantage

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If it was more than 2 days I probably would try some killer. But playing against rank 20's is boring.

If there was ever a way to link your profile to Xbox and have all the stuff I worked so hard for with my nearly 1 billion BP spent I would just flat out buy the game on PC.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Gorgonia said:
    Gorgonia said:
    Playing with a controller on pc is just handycapping yourself 
    False. Well, half-false, anyway. While it's true that playing FP-type killers like Nurse and Huntress are brutal on controller against PC survs, there's no difference with the other killers. I play killer all the time and have no trouble killing survivors. I just turn the sensitivity to max and it works fine. I rarely get 360d or anything else.