Removing stretched resolution will increase killrates

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I commend the devs for fixing this and it is something that will really making the game more fair. Survivor that abused changing their resolutions to stretch everything so they can basically wallhack the killer at all tiles was never intended and this gave an unfair advantage. You always knew the survivors that abused this because you never could catch them at tiles no matter what. There was a clear difference between a native survivor and a stretched survivor.  

Now the stretched will be brought down to everyone else, and they’ll be fewer teams and survivors that peep over walls and extend chases way longer than should have.

Killrates are going to dramatically increase.

They’ll be fewer tournament-like stretched teams in the fog that seem unstoppable. Killers will be winning even more than they were and I think this will give the devs the data they need to see that it is too hard to use what is on the maps (for the majority of survivors). Killers can down too quickly most of the time. Will we return to earlier map designs where we have 2 pallets at every jungle gym tile? The killer meta was already too strong even with this advantage. I think something will definitely need to be done with nerfing the killer meta and buffing maps again now that the stretched users won’t have an advantage to overcome it.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments