Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This is getting stupid

Pukenplag
Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

I can't get a single killer match without either:

1. Game randomly freezing

2. Game freezing then kicking me out, giving me a DC penalty — worth noticing I still gain bp, xp etc.

3. Getting survivors 10 times better than me

4. Me trying to play Billy after 10 years, just to get sent to The Game and face survivors with 2000 hours.

I'm trying to have fun, but I haven't gotten anything better than 1k since 2 days.

Comments

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

There are so few killers playing that you just kind of get thrown wherever, I think. For me as killer, the distribution of fair matches, me vs. potatoes, and me getting stomped is pretty even.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    edited February 2022

Mmr is working as intended and is not worst than the old system wdym

Edit. It's s sarcastic comment, it's a ######### system

Post edited by KateDunson on
  • Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Yeah. You get eather potatoes that you 4k easily at 5 gens or you get death squad that uses map offerings and runs you for 5 gens.

I feel like im a horrible killer sometimes but then i watch killers that have 3000 hours more than me in the game struggling the same against these squads and i feel little better.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Yeah killer population is still not big enough to provide for all survivor during peak times leading to the same measures being used like with old rank MMR. Throwing it out the window to lower queue times. The devs are truly genius.

Insanity is doing the same thing again but expecting a different result.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Solo Q teammates are the real killers.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I don't play survivor that often, and I can't get a game that doesn't have someone kill themselves on hook, or have 1-2 people Dcing at 5 gens. I'm out, I'm going back to killer because this genuinely feels unplayable.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,221

What really sucks about MMR is that we can't even accurately give feedback on it. Everything is hidden. Role distribution, personal MMR, opponent MMR, teammate MMR. How can they expect to improve on it when their customers can't even really tell them what's wrong with it? They're so firm and unwavering in really bizarre beliefs

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

Honestly, this was what I thought back when I got back into the game last month. I only felt like playing survivor, and started getting saltier and saltier over loses. Then I decided to play killer (for the most part I used to play killer, but generally I'm a 50/50 throughout my career) and realized how much WORSE killers have it. Most of the time as survivor I had really good chances to get out, but as killer I am constantly getting stomped.

If I commit to chase, with the amount of loops they have I will basically waste 3 gens before getting the first hook. If I don't commit, they heal within the next 15 seconds and once more there are 4 people on 4 different gens. Without anti loop killers I just can't play at all.

I found myself doing the best with Pinhead, it seems I have the best MMR on him and honestly he is really fun to play.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

They really do throw you to the wolves when you're playing killer. It's pretty satisfying to swat down one of those groups.

• burt0r

And while grades mean jack at this point, account level 62 with devotion 5 indicates that you have hundreds to thousands of hours in this game and are far away from lamb status.

Also the BP gains from the survivor indicate that the swatting down was achieved by using camping and/or tunneling, wasn't probably much fun for one/both sides and is a further example that the devs have to find a way to make them not necessary and then get them somehow out of the game.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Not really what I saw.

There's not a single Dead Hard or DS on that team. I thought @Heartbound was mocking the system for putting him up against an obviously bad team.

• burt0r

Okay i am on mobile and just woke up, so my bad then.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Played as Legion, 4k at 5 gens. Survivors going down instantly and one survivor went down to the mending bar because they didn't mend. Total potatoes. My next 3 killer games I'm against people who make me just wanna quit the game as i can barely get 2 hooks all game. One chase=3 gens. There's no in between, the matchmaking completely blows a$$hole.

• Dylandal99
    Dylandal99 Member Posts: 85

welcome to mmr which made every single game a sweat fest. what a bad addition

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Pulsar saw what I was doin' lol. I'm not a fan of MMR and I sympathize with your situation. I couldn't really tunnel for that result anyway. I play for hooks and got final judgment on two of them...but yeah I've been playing for a long, long time, but I don't play that much. I was hardcore when it was peer to peer and before devotion. Now I'm casual but above 1k hours. A lightweight compared to a lot of players I see.

I run overpowered perks though so naturally I'm set up for those hardcore players.