The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dead hard

I'm not a killer main nor a survivor main. I believe my opinions about controversial topics, specially any us vs them bs, are objective, but maybe I'm a bit more on the killer side.

However, I don't think dead hard is unfair, or too op, or that it needs any changes/nerf.

People complain about it for several reasons and they are right about being mad or frustrated, but I don't think it means there's a problem with that perk.

When they implemented that beautiful hit validation, I really couldn't tell a difference other than the obvious false information. It was confusing but it didn't feel buffed. And I say this from a killer point of view. Sure, you heard the hit, saw the blood splash, heard the survivor cry, and he was still running. I think people can adapt to this.

Some say dead hard needs a nerf because it makes chases longer and survivors get more confident cause they know they have that advantage. Now, the problem of chases getting longer is that the killer spends more time with one survivor and the others just repair.

Now let's think about this sbmm which encourages survivors to only escape. So they want to repair as fast as posible, open the gates and gtfo. With this in mind, getting longer chases is a hell.

Dead hard, imo, is helping survivors way more than before because games' duration dropped.

I don't think dead hard is an issue and, although i don't like it at all, neither is sbmm (regarding games duration). The real problem is our own mentality and how we approch mmr.

When we play to win, we have to escape, that's all. We need to increase our mmr even though we don't know anything about it we can't see it, we don't know where we are standing, we just know it exists. And escaping makes it grow so we are good players.

I don't know, I might be terribly wrong but that's my opinion.

Comments

• Ramondiola
    Ramondiola Member Posts: 26

True, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal if the game wasn't so fast paced. I still believe that getting higher mmr by escaping makes survivors focus on repairing and escaping, making gens go fast. And that's why an extended chase is unacceptable to the killer.

Instead of dead hard, you could face a well timed fast vault plus lithe and lose a lot of time too.

• boogerboy123
    boogerboy123 Member Posts: 119

i tried a game of pinhead after not playing this game for months. all of them had dead hard and i was robbed countless times. never again

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I feel you are terribly wrong, game shouldn't encourage us or help us to play with "problematic mentality", dead hard and SBMM does that, and thus it's the problem.

game should be fixed, don't expect players to fix the game.

• Ramondiola
    Ramondiola Member Posts: 26

That's a fair point. Sbmm has never bought me and I think it's unhealthy. But dead hard is just being dragged by sbmm. A system that "rewards" you for just escaping regardless of whatever happened during the match.

Thing is, we cannot see our mmr. We can't compare how lower or higher we are among other players. We can just guess and we are most likely to be wrong.

People complain about camping and tunneling at both high and low mmr. Sweaty matches, games too easy that are boring. It feels like we can find everything at any level of mmr. So what changes when you win a game? Why we still care about mmr?

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

Then your post really should about fixing the game as a whole.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

I think in an average game Dead Hard is buying each survivor using it 30+ secs each against M1 killers. A lot of games there are at least 3 survivors running this perk or even all 4 is not a rare occurence. Each of them getting that kind of value out of a perk is absolutely insane. Its too strong and needs nerfed into the ground.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Even if we just go by usage, its used by an overwhelming majority of survivors, which if old ruin's nerf was warrented by overusage, then dead hard is even more so, and if anyone says "but it was nerfed because its unfun for newer players" so is going vs dead hard as killer

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

The fact that BHVR thinks the issue is how the powers interact with Dead Hard, and not Dead Hard itself, tells me they think this busted perk is somehow absolutely fine.

I have no hope of this being addressed any time soon, if ever.