The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pinhead mains, i summon you

Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

What are those small tricks that only work with pinhead, but no one knows about them?

For example, i´ve seen Otz teleport while a survivor was laying to his feet. The survivor also teleported. I haven´t been able to reproduce this and wondered if it was a bug or whats the trick behind it?

Btw, he can prevent survivors from exiting the gates if he downs them while chained.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited February 2022

...you're summoning Pinhead mains and you're not solving the puzzle box?

I took emotional damage.

Edit: If a chain hunt is going on and you're far away, summoning your own chain won't give you away since they'll just think it's another auto-chain. That's all I've got.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Combining dms and ongoing chainhunt literally disables survivor's ability to fix gens.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Question for you, is Lethal Purseur a good pick on him? Or is it too time consuming to find the box early game and too risky in the case that LP doesn't help you find it.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2022

It's certainly good, but I don't think it's worth a perk slot. As long as you don't spawn in the middle of the map, you can normally guess the general area of the box - divide the map up into four sectors in your head, guess where the survivors are most likely to have spawned, and head to the area without any spawned players as you head forwards. Normally, this means taking a wide path to the right or left as you patrol - in my experience, I find the box in this way about ~70% of the time. It's kind of hard to describe but when you get it down, it's fairly consistent.

If you want to guarantee finding the box at the start, Lethal pretty much does that. But in my opinion, that isn't really worth dedicating a perk slot to. All finding the box at the start does is show you every survivor and make your first chase easier - without any hooks or slugs or add-ons or anything, the box will probably be solved soon after you find it. I'd recommend running it a few times to get the survivor/box spawn locating instinct, but then take it off when you feel you're ready.

Post edited by Altarf on
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Aim your possessed chains at the survivor's side if you can, since the extra chains won't spawn directly behind them. This makes it easier to not break chains with your body which can get you a hit where you otherwise would not. If you want to be more consistent though, aim for the feet of the survivor for the larger hitbox.

Possessed chain is amazing for stopping survivors from doing actions like healing, solving the box, and working on gens. DMS and Nurse's Calling are fun perks on him because of this, so I recommend you try them out.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

I have arrived.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Box always teleport in certain radius of the survivor.Always on the same height lvl of the box solver.If by any means game understood the only possible place was there okay 🤷‍♂️

• Tsulan

No, no. What i mean was during a stream, Otz downed a survivor and with the survivor to his feet, he started the teleport animation and the downed survivor teleported with him.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

I want to know how people have normal Pinhead matches. In my experience I can't go two games without someone disconnecting, running into me and giving up, or AFK'ing at the start of the match.

Even worse when I use add-ons like the Iridescent Lament Configuration, survivors just quit, kill themselves on first hook, wave at me to hook them, or straight up disconnect.

What's the secret to having a normal Pinhead game, consistently?

• Tsulan

I play without addons. Sometimes i get a dc/suicide. But most of the time survivors stay for a normal match. Maybe thats the secret. But tbh, i haven´t tried to play with addons, so i don´t really know if that would change the survivors behavior so drastically from what you experience.

But you could give it a try.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

You summoned me, and I came.

Anyways the box even without info perks is extremely predictable and with a little practice finding it is super easy. It means you don't have to bring hoarders. Also unpopular opinion, franklins is actually less helpful for him than people say. It is way more helpful to grab the box on a down, not on just an injure.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

The thread, you opened it. I came.

That's it, I am not a Pinhead main, neither do I know any tricks because I barely play him but I just wanted to say the line.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

Man, our experiences are radically different. I really wish the survivors would at least try to play the game. Oh, it's Pinhead, better go stand in a corner and tab out. I'm not even that proficient with him yet. For some reason, the survivors I face in my region at the time of day I'm playing at really don't like playing against him. Just now I had a game where I got flamed for not hooking a survivor who was gesturing at me and pointing at the hook. Nah bro, stay and play the game. I ignored him and dealt with him last, and got called all kinds of names. My only question was "Why queue up when you don't want to play", and the answer was "warmup like I did with your mom last night".

• Tsulan

Some people are just horrible. Yesterday i had a match where a survivor suicided on the first hook with 4 gens up. I felt so bad, that i let everyone else go. That same survivor kept haunting my profile spamming over a dozen of messages in 24h, what a horrible being i am, until i finally blocked him. Like, #########?!

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 1,003

Tbh I would only play Pinhead if they add a Medieval Torture outfit to Pin head.

Sorta like the Iron Mask gimmick

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

About box spawns. Has anyone ever made an overhead map and marked every spot a box can spawn? That would be really helpful.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

From my knowledge of the game, what I think happened is that Otz pressed space to pick up the survivor, but before the animation played Otz responded to the puzzle being solved so since the game is saying hey, you picked up a survivor and hey, you're moving to deal with the box that it allowed both actions at once. For the survivor they weren't picked up yet so they probably didn't enter the wiggle phase so they just spawned at Pinhead's new location.

I don't see a lot of practical use for dragging a survivor through the Cenobite's labyrinth unless you had fascinating sights to show them but who knows. The Leviathan has many secrets not revealed to mankind.

• Tsulan

So it could be a bug? That would be a shame.

The benefit could be to have 2 downed survivors at the same spot. Interrupting the box without losing the downed survivor.