Spirit should be 4.6 m/s

Options

There is no justification for her being 4.4 m/s. Maybe it made sense in 2018, but Spirit's being 4.4 has no place in 2022 standards. She's not a ranged killer and her power takes centuries to recover (15 seconds).

Nurse is 3.8, but she has 1 blink every 3 seconds. Blight power takes 10 seconds to recover, but he's 4.6. The last released killers were all 4.6, even the ranged ones like Artist and Nemesis.

Again, Spirit should be 4.6 too or her power recovery speed should be way quicker.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I don't know, theoretically she is plain bloodlust 15 killer and survivors can't really do anything beside mindgame.

Well mindgame is big but idk.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

Yea and people complain about the MD Ring and DCB combo still when her power is harder to use when IW is used. Yea yea they have the same drawback but that a moot point when one perk can fully disable her tracking to begin with.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

She's fine at 4.4, she's the third (with MRD+DCB)/forth (without MDR+DCB) best Killer in the game

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I've used DCB and it was real ######### hard too, 4m is MUCH worse than you think, especially with 9.8 movement speed.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

I'd be on board with that. MDR+DCD is ridiculous on a good Spirit. They're not going to lose.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,783
    Options

You want to buff the third best killer in the game...?

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670
    Options

I don't have problems tracking survivors and I honestly don't care about Iron Will, on a competitive perspective there's almost no skill juking a Spirit with Iron Will, so it doesn't bother me. 

I only play dbd because of Spirit, it's fun to track survivors by the sounds (at least it should be fun). If survivors aren't making any sound they are not appealing to me :P 

Tthe folliage/dusts they help, but... boring...

My concern about the Spirit's movement speed is that there is absolutely no justifying for her being that slow.

Her being 4.6 would help to improve her map mobility. The phase is not meant to cover her weak map mobility, it's a exclusive chase intended power, mainly after the nerf but it's my opinion of course.

• psionic
    Options

She is very inconsistent to be considered the "third" best killer in the game. There are a lot of things that affect her gameplay. She can be the best, but she can be the worst, just as a lot of other killers considered "weaker".

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

She’s fine. Any chase power that strong warrants such a downside

• psionic
    Options

You say this because you don't like playing against her, obvisouly any buff would be unfair.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

Spirit’s basekit is fine.

Cherry blossom is not fine though. Screw that addon.

• Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 264
    Options

as Spirit's Main i should say no she is fast enough and still a very good killer with add ons .

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

This has always been my mindset too. The way they choose a killer to be 4.6 or not feels really inconsistent but I think Spirit is fine at 4.4, but it is weird that blight isn't seeing as he has nearly on demand movement with really good chase. I guess he does take much more practice but same could be said about nurse then, and she is 3.8 I think?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Not any more. I’m content with her current state barring add ons. Stop assuming things

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I quite like playing against her (can't speak for @Phasmamain ) and I don't think it's necessary either

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

Her being 4.6 would not drastically change her map mobility. 4.4 vs. 4.6 is far more important in a chase than it is for getting across the map (although that’s not to say it has no effect on mobility whatsoever).

Every 4.4 killer either has a teleport or similar ability to appear in another location (hag and spirit), or has a ranged attack (huntress, slinger, trickster). Blight has neither of those, he just has high speed as long as he keeps bumping into things, but you can still see him doing it and see where he’s going. But considering that spirit is still one of the best Killers post-nerf, if anything your argument would suggest blight should be 4.4 (which I disagree with fwiw, I think blight being 4.6 is completely okay) rather than spirit being 4.6.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Absolutely not, she would be broken OP.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209
    Options

I hard disagree. I play a bunch of Rin, even more since Sally got disabled, and she does absolutely not need to be 4.6. My chases from healthy to dying last anywhere between 30 - 45 seconds tops. After the injure it's less than 10 seconds to a down. If you struggle playing 4.4 killers I suggest going back to basics and looking at how to improve your chase game, no offense. 4.6 Spirit would be bonkers.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Spirit is still a very strong killer, she just takes skill to learn. And the MDR + Dried Cherry blossom combo still exists, so... Yeah.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Tbh, making her 4.6 wouldn't make a huge difference. Sure, she'll be able to squeeze one or the other hit in sometimes because of those 5 % extra speed but that's pretty much it. If a Survivor is at a loop they'll start phasing as they do now.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Spirit is in fine shape, as balanced has she has been since I started playing.

I think wanting her to be 4.6 is a killer side manifestation of the plague where some people only knowing one way to play the game (running around loops the same way all the time), and wanting to standardize everything around that. People have no patience for learning something that requires using something other than figurative muscle memory.

She has a great power that while it takes some time to master, offsets her slower movement speed.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

There is no reason to nerf blight that heavily and its really sad that people agree with that much of a nerf.

I guess what happened with Billy didn't teach people what kind of monkey's paw wish that will always be.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,642
    Options

Now bestie do me a solid, massive favour and show me where exactly- and I'm talking an exact quote here- I said that Blight should be 4.6m/s. Because what I said, is that the argument of comparing Spirit and Blight makes a better argument for Blight being 4.4 than Spirit being 4.6- nowhere did I say that either argument was good.

Nice try, you flopped.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,642
    Options

Me when I can't provide proof so I make a baseless accusation instead

I really don't know why I expected any better from you

I literally never said that it was a good idea my guy you're grasping at straws so hard I hope you're wearing gloves bc otherwise that'll be some serious burn

Hell a couple months back I made a post asking on what would happen if Blight was 110 and the first thing I said was "I'd like to preface this post by me saying that I do not believe this is a good idea, nor do I really believe Blight's base kit needs a nerf." like bro do your research first I am b e g g i n g

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

No, she doesnt needs any speed Boost.

You can't demand buffs to Killers like Spirit, Which skillgap is omega low and even a player with 20 hours can play her with certain eficience.

Is like asking for SWF buffs xD you can't Buff the easy Mode of DBD, because you turn the Game into a clown fiesta, more than now.

When I speak about easy mode, understand me, I am speaking about playing SFW as survivor or playing Spirit, Bubba or Blight as killer.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited February 2022
    Options

She is easier to deal with now as a survivor but in no ######### way should she be 4.6. I'm no Spirit main but I have played a bit with her since the nerf and she is still very strong....even stronger with certain add-ons.

Gonna be a hard pass from this Nancy.