What's the one perk you dont like to see on the other side?

Thought itd be abit of fun, so you can not like the perk for whatever reason you want whether you think it's too strong, annoying etc.

So for me,

As killer: DH, I just hate how it extends every chase and corrects mistakes especially verse basic attack killers

As survivor: NOED, probably my hardest to decide as I dont hate any killer perks but I thought this one due to its ability to massively mislead the stats for balance. I dont think it's that strong but in a kills SBMM I see it as trouble some

Comments

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Doesn't DS increase your chances of being the obsession?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It decreases your chances but makes you the obsession when used

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Killer: Dead Hard. Free, uncounterable distance and extra health state

Survivor: No Way Out. It's not overpowered, but having to wait it out is kinda boring

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Er, to quote it:

"Increases the odds of becoming the Killer's initial Obsession by +100 %."

Initial. Like, if you're running DS, you're more likely to be the starting obsession.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Killer - DH, Unbreakeble

Survivor - NOED, Rancor

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Oh I’m stupid then. Still hate rancor though because it’s essentially a free kill in end game if the killer plays it right

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Maybe you're confusing yourself with for the people, that decreases the chances

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,700

survivor- dead hard

killer- rancor

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Decisive Strike automatically makes you the Obsession if you’re the only one with it in the match, and also turns you into the Obsession when you activate it.

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183

From survivor side there are 2 killer perks that work like a combo Iron grasp + mad grit

from survivor there are alot DH DS flip flop + power strugle and the new boil over

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

As a killer, I despise Iron Will. I think it has a few design issues. It's way too powerful for little effort on the part of the player. There's no way for the killer to anticipate it the first time or counter it since the Stridor nerf. And most importantly, it goes well beyond eliminating grunts of pain. Survivors simply don't require oxygen at all when have Iron Will and they're injured. They don't breathe. Period. How this hasn't been fixed is a mystery. You have a killer in Spirit who is completely screwed by a single perk, in large part because it has been bugged since forever.

As survivor, I don't necessarily hate a single perk as much as I hate my teammates' ability to deal with certain perk combos. Pain Resonance/Dead Man's Switch is super annoying.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

As survivor, Fearmonger is annoying. You are blind and exhausted when doing gens.

As killer, I've recently started playing with Fearmonger on Prayer Tablet/Corrupt/Thano Plague and it's so much fun lol if they work on a gen that's infected, they get blind, exhausted, broken once sickness damage kicks in (which is faster with prayer Tablet), and then Thano slows them down.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Pop and Dead Hard

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Yeah I'm not sure why survivor perks beat killer ones either. Do think that helped kill spirit tbh hardly ever see her.

Yeah that combo beats bad players or players that dont understand pretty easy lol

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Franklyn's, I hate it with all my heart and passion

Obviously, dead hard

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2022

Rancor. I hate the feeling that no matter how well I play, the killer will always have the possibility of insta killing me no matter how poorly they play. Especially in solo queue when your teammates don't realize you are Rancor and pop the last gen before you can hide in a locker for example.

It's really cheap.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

I think we'd see a lot more Spirits if not for Iron Will. Obviously don't know my MMR, but I play a ton of Spirit and at least 50% of survivors at my MMR have Iron Will. Often times 3 or 4 in the same match. Like I said, wouldn't be as bad if the perk wasn't bugged, but it will mask other audio, even slow vault grunts.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

As killer it's dead hard. Biggest get out of jail free card in the game.

As survivor it's Noed. Can never be sure if your team mates cleansed any totems and you don't have time yourself to go around searching for all five.

• EntitySpawn

Well that's 4 ;) but I do feel abit of pain with head on lol.

It's like I hate the fact they had the nerve to do it to me, but at the same time it's not massively game changing but I do get it can be annoying especially when versing a headon squad

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

As a Killer, Dead Hard needs to be removed from the game.

As a Survivor I am actually fine with most Killer perks. If I had to choose only one it would probably be Sloppy Butcher. The perk is 100% fine, the slowdown is just annoying and I heal a lot.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I’ll give reasons why

noed causes your team to just leave immediately after they see it activated. None of my teammates do bones

dead hard has no counter play for distance and robs you of a good play

head on is just annoying

rancor gives you a bs kill for just being the obsession. Pair it with Iron Maiden and there nothing you can do

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Survivor: Rancor

Killer: NOED

• Nathan13

With rancor I think the killer needs to earn that kill.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Survivors; Tinkerer - Like please. Let me finish at least 1 Gen Blight-daddy

Killer; Power Struggle - ######### please, did you just slap me with a pallet while on my shoulder? How dare.

Honorable Mention; Object of Obsession - to think you have the AUDACITY to tell me where you are for a minor benefit that resulted in you being tunneled out this game with unrelenting aggression.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

head on I hate that dam perk.

• On the contrary, I've found that it does a lot more good against SWFs than solos. Sometimes NOED is the only reason I can get 3-4k against sweat squads. It's a gamble, because SWFs are more likely to find it right off the bat, but they're also more likely to be cocky about whatever they're attempting. NOED can screw them up postgame like nothing else if they're overconfident. Solos are more likely to turn tail and run once they realize you have it.

Totally agree about it building bad habits, though. That's why I begrudgingly had to stop running it on every killer - I realized a lot of my 4k games were a direct result of using it and that I had started to look forward to it so much that it made me lazy.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,610

As killer: Dead Hard (boons are a close second)

As survivor: None come to mind. I despise Iridescent head and a few other add-ons though.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

What I've discovered is that swf are much more efficient and better coordinated on cleansing totems, preventing NOED from even activating in the first place, and can let each other know where a totem is in the first place. Solos may turn tail and run but SWF can find the totem and the rescue their buddies, leading to a 4e rather than a 3e1k, for instance.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Maybe idk honestly. But think about it what are you supposed to do against rancor and Iron Maiden? Your just dead unfortunately

• Cleansing totems to prevent NOED is a myth. I had that happen yesterday (was doing the Exposed Make Your Choice challenge, and it was probably obvious that I was running as many Exposed perks as possible), actually, but it's a rarity. "Doing bones" isn't efficient, and I think a lot of survivors are starting to realize that. More often than that, SWFs will have my NOED gone forty seconds after it spawns, as they were clearly memorizing the locations of my totems as they saw them (which is the way to do it).

When I run Pentimento, I'll occasionally see one solo guy running around cleansing every totem on the map, but almost never with SWFs, and not nearly as much as I would like.

What some SWFs will even do is just opt to power through Ruin instead of trying to cleanse it, which works well if I'm not on the ball that day. Which results in Undying still being active at the endgame, and they're in for a surprise when they think they've gotten NOED. Doesn't happen often, especially since I don't run that build as much, but it is fun when it does.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

Dead hard is definitely the most annoying survivor perk for the killers. Because it has a strong effect, a lot of people use it... and you really see it right in your face. Maybe Circle of Healing would be right behind.

As survivor, only one perk annoys me much... it is noed. Because a lot of killers use it, and sometimes... i've seen killers (even myself) make a comeback after doing very poorly (and that isn't fair for survivors).

• Twyla
    Twyla Member Posts: 2

As Killer: Iron Will.

As Survivor: Tbh? Huntress Lullaby. My brain and reflexes are just too slow, lmao.

• GreaseFace
    GreaseFace Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2022

Franklins is the definitive “no fun allowed” perk, but it feels so good to use.

• Nathan13

Idk why I didn’t think of Franklins but to me it’s more annoying than rancor.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

I always forget I have it, and I'm not really good enough to pick who I'm going after in endgame. But it's funny because sometimes the obsession will just DC when they realize I brought it.

• EntitySpawn

Well that "as survivor" part is the most wholesome one iv heard, I remember my first doctor with it lol

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Survivor: pop

Killer: boilover

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

As Killer I HATE going against dead hard, absolutley hate it.

As Survivor I honestly don't really despise any perks but I play solo mostly so I don't enjoy ruin, Undying, tinkerer.