Worst killer perk

Options
N8dog
N8dog Member Posts: 541

which of these killer perks is the absolute most pointless and non-helpful killer perk that you would never run?

Worst killer perk 41 votes

beast of prey
31%
ChurchofPigWishIcouldmainAdjathaHerachi_SakuraNoName4N8dogPSPGazgemauchteslaGarlicRicejesterkindspinodemdemBothSidesEnjoyer 13 votes
Territorial imperative
4%
Marc_go_soloAurelle 2 votes
Unnerving presence
9%
GibberishDimektenoresaxBennett_They1Them 4 votes
Overwhelming presence
2%
thog1 1 vote
Other (specify)
51%
gneheheTapeKnotInnCognitoanarchy753UistreelEnderloganYTGlamourousLeviathanValikJay_WhyaskdugmanGannTMDoritoHeadNathan13Drakon797TrickstaaaaaAnneBonnyD4M4VR1CK[Deleted User]ordinarylegionmainMrEnricks 21 votes

Comments

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
    Other (specify)

Furtive Chase

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Other (specify)

Monstrous Shrine. Absolute garbage perk.

Of the perks listed in the poll Beast of Prey is the worst, stealth is mostly pointless during a chase.

• Territorial Imperative is bad but at least it hypothetically helps track survivors if you are using the basement. It’s still better than Monstrous Shrine whose effect is utterly pointless
    • Overwhelming Presence and Unnerving Presence both see some use in builds which rely on expanded terror radiuses. I think I actually currently use one or both of these on my Doctor at the moment.
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options
    Other (specify)

Monstrous Shrine

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,118
    Options
    beast of prey

I see a lot of repetition for Monstrous Shrine, but at least it does something. Beast of Prey is a legitimately useless perk, I can't think of a single scenario you could get value from it where a simple mindgame wouldn't achieve the same result.

At least with Monstrous Shrine people die quicker in the basement. It's not much, but it does something you could hypothetically see value from.

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351
    Options

This is correct. It actually makes the game harder. Beast of Prey is only useless, Predator makes it harder to track people at a distance.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options
    Unnerving presence

Unnerving is actively detrimental to the Killer if the survivors arent bad at the game since it makes generators and heals go faster.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Options
    beast of prey

Furtive chase is useful when you need to change the obsession. I guess it was more useful with the old DMS, but there are some other perks that do literally nothing.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Territorial imperative

Territorial Imperative is useless.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options
    Other (specify)

Predator is probably the only killer perk in the game who hinders you.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,906
    Options
    Territorial imperative

Territorial Imperative feels worse than Beast of Prey fpr me, because at least I could be under the illusion of doing something!

Unnerving Presence can be useful under pressure, and Overwhelming Pressure is oddly decent against flash-light sqiads who aren't prepared fpr the sudden lack of juice in their torches, but yeah that's me looking for the most generously descriptive views of those perks.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options
    Other (specify)

Monstrous shrine

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options
    beast of prey

Yeah, now that it doesn't save your hook from permanent sacrifice destruction it is horrible

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 718
    Options
    Other (specify)

Brutal Strength. IT doesn't do enough now for players. Followed by "FIRE UP".

BBQ needs NERFING so people have to work for their hooks.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options
    Other (specify)

monstrous shrine isn't even good in meme builds.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Other (specify)

Monstrous Shrine does basically nothing.

At least the other perks sort of do something. Beast Of Prey is bad, but it can mess people up sometimes. You may even see value out of Overwhelming Presence. MS though? You might get 6 seconds off of a basement hook if you're lucky. It legit does nothing.

I have run the perk many, many times and I have yet to see any value from it - nor hear even a fabled rumor that it may have had value at any point in time. It is beyond useless. A waste of code and pixels.

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Other (specify)

Shadowborn or Beast of Prey. (probably Beast of Prey because even though Shadowborn doesn’t really do anything… I still love it for being it’s own thing, and it’s pretty mean on Blight)

Edit: numbers messed up on me

Beast of Prey:

1. doesn’t help you in chase
    2. Undetectable statues effect does nothing in chase
    3. Undetectable ends immediately after chase
    4. Takes up a perk slot for something like Hex: Ruin or Pop
    5. Shadowborn:
    6. Doesn’t help you in chase
    7. the only time this will help find survivors if they’re in your FOV already
    8. Same as number 4 for Beast of Prey
    9. has a niche effect that isn’t even noticeable
  • Madotsuki
    Madotsuki Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Other (specify)

Stridor

after the perk got changed to be ineffective against iron will, it lost all of its value. If I wanted to be able to hear survivors better, I'd just turn the game up.