Does anyone enjoy playing DBD in its current state?

Options

So ive been triyng to play some games on and off, as both survivor and killer and i find close to no enjoyment in the game.

More or less every game as survivor someone gets tunneled out of the game on first hook, and on killer you barely get any time setting up before the first 1-3 gens pops.

I simply dont understand what the devs intentions with the current meta is if not to kill the non-competetively minded players.

Comments

• Abekrampe
    Abekrampe Member Posts: 4
    Options
  • Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Not me anymore, I finally quit. It was so hard to do, but I managed. I got tired of playing killer against full meta sweat teams every game that know how to abuse every instance of poor game design to ensure the game is over at 3 hooks. Survivor is boring and easy and it's easy escape unless someone rage quits at first down which is all the time. I'll come back with some large combination of nerfs to dead hard, CoH, and maps... so probably never

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

You love all old DbD stuffs or just some of them? I mean do you really love Old Object of Obsession, DS, Spirit etc.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

I don’t enjoy DBD as big as I used too tbh.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Yes.

If it has Old, GeneralV is sold.

There is only one exception, which is Old Legion.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

Fair but most people hated them, this is why they changed.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

My gameplay has def declined. IF I play killer it's max 2 games win or lose. Solo survivor I find more fun and is saving the game for me. Not sure how long that will last though as killer will always have my heart. Killer is just frustrating, boring, and unbalanced for multiple reasons.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

Honestly yes. I enjoy playing demo and playing with my friends (with or without coms) I don’t enjoy solo que tho.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options
  • Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,645
    Options

I dont think Dead by Daylight is supposed to enjoyable experience. Its a Cat and Mouse game.

Both sides are fighting for to kill or to survive.

You have to enjoy Killing or Surviving/Dying to 'enjoy' this game, and I dont think enjoy is the right word

• Abekrampe
    Abekrampe Member Posts: 4
    Options

Well the game still has to be engaging in some way in order to get you to come back to it.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

Ofcourse Jill has hatch :) But at least you are not Nemesis, so nothing against lore here.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,645
    Options

I have been playing it one and off since 2017. The rush of the chase brings me back, its fun.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670
    Options

Hey, you know I was revisiting my old screenshots and some videos I had recorded of the game and I started to agree with you about the Descend Beyond reworks and how they have changed the game for the worse. It's kinda hard to explain, but I get the feeling that all these changes did bring a generic atmosphere to the game and I think they contributed to make us feel tired, in a way. I mean, some changes were good (characters changes like retextures and animations), but maps were really unpleasent changes. 

I remember I used to love playing on Macmillan and now it's absolutely my most disgusted map, not because of leveling design, but because of its appearence, it's just a bland map, clearer, without colour. This is just an expression of what the game have become: unappealing.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

I am glad you see where I am coming from.

Some people here don't have a lot of sympathy for me, because having an opinion is a crime, so it is good to see comments such as this one of yours.

The Forums need more people like you.

Oh, and to hell with the Realm Beyond! May those maps burn, and we get the ones we truly love back!

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    Options

Not nearly as much as I used to. I used to play it daily. Now I can go days without playing it and not even miss it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

That’s exactly how I feel, I didn’t think it’d be that way for me.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,491
    edited March 2022
    Options

Elden Ring and my nemesis, Malekith the Black Blade have taken my focus as of late.

Even prior to that, I haven't enjoyed DBD in a long while.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited February 21
    Options

Gens pop and pop with no chance.

Post edited by DangerScouse on
  • Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

No, as main killer I do not enjoy the Game since MMR came out.

And when I have to play surv for complete the Tome, I got this kind of players 5 times in a row and make me take a long break for DBD again.

Thanks Behaviour, Trickster skin was amazing, but im not wasting money on your product if you don't care about us.

Hackers everywhere? Trickster Skin.

MMR broke DBD? David King skin.

DBD full of Bugs and crashes? Cherryl skin.

Pretty Good Job so far

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,087
    edited March 2022
    Options

I agree 100%. Fellow oldhead here and I'll still play for SWF and occasionally try and git gud with Cenobite, but the game really doesn't hit the same like it used to. I actually got more enjoyment on both sides when there were more "broken" aspects of the game. Something about the gameplay itself was a breath of fresh air after playing F13.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited March 2022
    Options

It's also unfortunate and surprising to see as many discouraged veterans of the game. Where did it sour for y'all?

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

It has its moments. I can't really see where the game headed and just use it to vibe at this point.

Switching to survivor took all the stress I experienced in the game off so now I just turn on a spotify playlist, do gens, and pretend I care that I'm getting tunneled out of the game every now and then.

I feel like nothing's going to change for the better and I've spent too much money to just walk away again so might as well just not get my hopes up for anything and just exist with what it has to offer even though its the same thing from six years ago.

Pain ceases to be pain if it lasts infinitely.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

I find solo queue survivor, SWF, and killer all equally and highly fun for me.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I'm not enjoying it. Even Demogorgon, my beloved, can't make me play the game. Killer has become tedious and annoying, while Survivor is just boring

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Game stopped being fun for me a long time ago.

Killer

Gens go by to quickly

Have to play a top tier killer to stand a chance

Survivor

Gameplay is boring same thing over and over again

Meta doesn't change

Camping and tunneling is out of control but a must for most killers

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,357
    edited March 2022
    Options

Nope, so I don't play anymore.

Survivor is boring, killer is at the mercy of the survivors except for 2-3, none of which I enjoy.

Not 100% when it started, but I know the breaking point for me and those I personally know were boons. We all switched to survivor, then got bored and just quit the game. Map "reworks" just basically being "here's a ton of pallets and breakable walls" didn't help either.

For many I hear MMR was a very big turn off. I think MMR just further exposed the problems that were already there, so the game isn't any different, its flaws are just more visible. MMR or not, all the balance problems are still there.

SBMM and the matchmaking definitely need to be improved or reworked however.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I’m like many others who have replied - not enjoying it as much as I used to. The devs have tilted the balance of the game so much in favor of strong SWF teams that playing killer against them is incredibly unfun and frustrating, at least for a casual player like me. That’s not to say that I don’t have still have fun matches, but it seems to depend a lot on the time of day I play (sweaty SWF teams being much more prevalent at night in my time zone).

On the survivor side, solo q is miserable most of the time, so I will only play if I can pull in another friend or two. The main frustration with playing survivor is that SBMM is effectively useless during the evenings when queue times are super long, so I usually get matched against god-level killers or brand new killer players.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2022
    Options

It feels like for every 1 thing bhvr gets right they get 2 things wrong.

I don't miss old legion. Stabbing someone and walking backwards, following the blood trail until they bleed out. Or double mending add ons. However, I think I miss old Freddy.

They got rid of omega blink nurse and 4x blink nurse, cool. Then they added a cd to her blinks. Making her even more punishing if you screw up -.-

Old MoM should have never been introduced to the game. A ton of people said that's going to break the game. They changed it but now the perk is now useless.

I love the reworks to bt+ds. I feel both perks are in a good spot. I do not like the rework to ruin. I know people will disagree with me. That's fine, that's your opinion. I miss old ruin. Also old undying.

Why did Billy's chainsaw get an overheat mechanic? Seriously. Billy was considered one of the most balanced killers once tinkered was reworked. Why drastically change what was working? Haven't you heard of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

I do not miss insta syringes yet we now have to deal with coh?

Breakable walls sounded like a good idea but poorly implemented. Now it's just another thing killer has to break or else a loop becomes an infinite.

We finally got skill based match making. Then we found out it's only looking at escapes or kills. The old pip system was better than this.

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited March 2022
    Options

All great points. Just wanted to add to your COH point and piggyback my frustration about how they introduce Boon perks like COH AND then nerf Hex: Thrill of the Hunt into the ground so that Boon gameplay can be even stronger.

• AlohaSnacBar
    AlohaSnacBar Member Posts: 64
    Options

I play a game or two fairly rarely. The game just took turns to which I just couldn't enjoy anymore for both sides honestly. Solo q is the #1 killer in this game. Playing killer feels pretty miserable because solo q miserable so swfs are fairly common. And they're just trying to have fun (however that is for them) then the killers not having fun. Lol I just really don't envy the dev's.

And it sucks to see that buffs to good perks can easily get abused by swf. So then solo once again suffers.

• Farshad7913
    Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58
    Options

Around 15k steam players don't like DBD in it's current state

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    Options

I still enjoy it most of the time, but I find myself playing it less and less. CoH is really unfun to go against as killer, especially if they're a SWF.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,644
    Options

I usually have a pretty good time on either side just trying to bang out dailies and tome challenges.

I generally don't care how my matches go and perform pretty well on a consistent basis.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,537
    Options

I've always enjoyed dbd, don't see that changing even to this day.

• shelobster
    shelobster Member Posts: 272
    Options

I stopped enjoying DBD when MMR was introduced.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Not really. Though hopeful for a better future.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    Options

I still enjoy the game.

I think the game does have potential to expand on its formula. Two things that come to mind immediately are:

1) The ability to interact with map environment more, to make chases more fun.

2) Updating things like the bloodweb by getting rid of tiers on perks. There are so many perks now that one has to wonder if tiers are indeed needed. Things that would make the grind feel a bit lighter.

• Madotsuki
    Madotsuki Member Posts: 3
    Options

I only open the game once a month and have about 2-4 matches on survivor/killer, depending on how I'm feeling. They're usually fun, but then I see something that reminds me why I stopped playing and I take another hiatus. All I really do now is watch other content creators.

That being said, for me, the current meta feels awful to play against on both sides. Not enjoying it at all. Would rather take old MoM over this.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,081
    Options

Personally it’s fine for me disappointment comes from the potential for it to be so much better

• spinodemdem
    spinodemdem Member Posts: 56
    Options

Someone enjoys dead by daylight?

Dbd just feels like a chore at this point, even demogorgon cant get me to play, only SOMETIMES ghostface caught on tape addon can force into 2 games at maximum, then im off to do rift challenges to give myself more charms for my hooks,i honestly dont even care if i win or not,just do the rift challenges,and maybe bring devour hope and hide it until 5 stacks,sure behaviour,you can make skins,im not buying them until you revert the dead hard change that actually made you actually not get a hit,i dont want to use a vpn and teleport myself to china to bypass dead hard and pallet loops

• Erd69
    Erd69 Member Posts: 221
    Options

Dude the game is just unbalanced even without mmr. You were gonna have boring matches anyway.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

False.

Before MMR Killers used to have 1 or 2 hard matches (Against godlike SWF or Bully squads) every 10 played. The Game was unbalanced as now, but was by far more funny to play both roles.

What do we have now? You win 2 games and Next 6-7 are omega squads genrushers, click click sabo squads, Boil over and x4 hook offerings squads and every Game is a pain, we must run meta perks instead of our personal build and turns omega boring.

I used to play Chase builds with Bamboozle + Endurance + Brutal + BBQ for points, Now if I use this build i get genrushed every match before I get 3 hooks.

Look top tier players, all of them uses 4 anti gen perks or endgame builds with ni way out and noed, the entire build is around avoid genrush or accepting that you Will get rushed and your Game starts after 5 gen repairs...... and that is boring as fk.