Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Just played against a hacker for the first time

_AdamFrancis_
_AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

It was outrageous. At first I thought playing against a hacker would be enjoyable, but it wasn't. He just soed around the map. Me and this Cybil we're slugged all match. He just instantly escaped, which was extremely wierd. BhVR needs to add antichat before it is too late.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

Out of interest, what part of facing a hacker seemed enjoyable to you?

• _AdamFrancis_

I thought because of how fascinating it is and how it would change normal gameplay, it would be fun. But I was proved wrong. He is reported though.

• anonymous31337
    anonymous31337 Member Posts: 192

Anti cheat won't help. We need real dedicated servers (with server side validation). Anti-cheat is only an addition.

• _AdamFrancis_

I mean true. If a survivor goes around the entire map in 2 seconds it should be obvious that they are hacking and should automatically get kicked from the game.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I remember my first time facing a hacker. Was Demogorgon on Haddonfield and their name was something like "Gen Rusher" and all the gens popped within 10 seconds. Saw them running back and forth with speed hacks as well. Me and the 3 other survivors just hung out in the street watching, then farmed a little to try and save each other from depiping. Then the hacker told me to git good. I just laughed it off and reported.

• MoraFlex
    MoraFlex Member Posts: 67

I first encountered a hacker when I was playing Killer. It was annoying. When I found a survivor, the hacker always hooked himself in front of me or (once he found me) locked me in a corner (again with a fake hook) for the whole trial.

When I was playing Survivor (just now) the killer seemed to play normally at first but when he couldn't hook anyone & the gens we're about to get finished he teleported to everyone and of course won. It was, of course, a non-Steam player. Without proper server-side player validation, this game may soon suffer the same fate as GTA Online: a hacker in every lobby just waiting for another hacker to make the first move to say "I'm only hacking to defend myself "

It was totally irresponsible of BHVR to make this game available for free for a week.

I know there is an option to switch off cross-play, but then the waiting times (at least in the EU) are too long for me to actually be able to play the game more than i spend time waiting for lobbys.

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

Lol some people are plain delusional. Why, do you think, is he cheating in first place, huh?

Facing a cheater is never fun even if he lets you "win" a match

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I don't know. This might encourage more subtle hacking forms.

I don't know about you but I would rather take 5 back to back obvious flying nun hacker games than 1 subtle cheater game. Not being able to catch someone but not being sure if he is actually cheating or not can be very frustrating.

At least with the obvious ones I can still dick around since it's obviously not going to be any form of normal match I can just forget about it and get BP

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I don't know. This might encourage more subtle hacking forms.

I don't know about you but I would rather take 5 back to back obvious flying nun hacker games than 1 subtle cheater game. Not being able to catch someone but not being sure if he is actually cheating or not can be very frustrating.

At least with the obvious ones I can still mess around since it's obviously not going to be any form of normal match I can just forget about it and get BP

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

That's why having dedicated servers with server side validation would help. The Validation would look at every game being played with what perks, add-ons, and items and checking those set values with what it is receiving. For example Dwight runs at 3 m/s and didn't have SB, now Dwight is running at 9 m/s and still doesn't have perks for it the server will detect the discrepancy and take action.