Killswitching or reworking COH will dramatically decrease tunneling and camping.

Triforcer
Triforcer Member Posts: 180
edited March 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

To be clear, I don't think they will decrease because survivors are "mad" about COH so they camp and tunnel more just because they are mad. As a direct result of COH, tunneling and camping increases.

Why? Simply put, COH completely kills off an entire playstyle - hit and run - that has existed for years. It is utterly useless to try, because the minute you break off someone they run 15M or less to their infinite heals that cover half the map.

When hit and run isn't viable, you have to stay on the person that is injured. Who is definitely injured? The guy on the hook. Chasing an uninjured person just mean the guy you hooked walks 15M to his infinite map-wide heals, heals, and you have to hit somebody twice instead of once to get ahead.

Will killswitching COH (and I know killswitch isn't supposed to be used for balance, but find a "bug" that lets you disable it for a month ala nurse)? eliminate ALL tunneling and camping? Of course not, it existed before and will exist after. But you have COH to thank for camping going from 1 or 2 out of every 5 game to 4 or 5 out of every five games.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

Deve don't care it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,464

Pretty sure it won't.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I don't believe you. People just tunnel because it is effective regardless of what perks someone brings.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It won't stop Camping and Tunneling...as stated already

Camping and Tunneling are decisions that the Killer makes either before the match starts or as the match progesses

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Camping and tunneling were in this game long before coh. Is circle of healing gonna make all the basement bubbas disappear? No.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Lmao devs are never going to Killswitch a perk because some people think it's too strong. That is not what the mechanic is for. I like how you even say you know that and yet still suggest devs should make up a bug to do it. Makes zero sense.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

There is no reason to reduce tunneling, only facecamping is problem in their mind.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I didn't know camping and tunneling didn't exist before COH.

• Ketrab2703
    Ketrab2703 Member Posts: 162

I myself started tunelling and proxy camping more - i played a lot of Hit and Run and applied the pressure this way. Now, the only reasonable ways to generate pressure it to a) kill someone early b)have most of the team around the hook (not doing gens) - How can you achieve those two? Yes - Tunelling and Camping. Before CoH i used to keep everyone injured to have potential snowball in late game, now pretty much everyone who is not in chase is almost always healthy.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

The issue overall with tunneling/camping isn't just Circle of Healing its the fact that chases/split pressure as a whole is one of worst things the killer can do.

While Circle of Healing is responsible for exacerbating the issue the devs themselves have caused it by both nerfing killers and their split pressure perks:

Pop got both directly and indirectly nerfed with both its duration being reduced along with perks that counter it being introduced such as flash mine(Pop only goes off at the end of the kick so the stun+ two kicks can deny a pop easily) and repressed alliance.

This means you both have less time to split pressure with pop while getting the regression off and it makes it less reliable to get said regression off if you try to split pressure.

Meanwhile Ruin got indirectly nerfed from the existence of boons as survivors are now much more aggressive at getting rid of totems to place their boons.

A split pressure killer nerf was Billy as he can't just keep sawing his way around from one area to another without risking overheating forcing him to commit to a chase without his power...Which is usually on the weakest survivor aka who just got unhooked as he can't use his insta down.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,584

I don't think so.

Tunneling and camping are an answer to the gen speed (Broadly). Since COH increases the pressure and wastes even more time for the killer, it is part of that problem.

Fixing COH should only reduce the tunneling & camping to what they were before.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

No it won't. People will tunnel and camp, regardless of perks/addons/items.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

This to a degree, CoH has just made it worse, why chase wounded survs who can endlessly free heal when you can remove one.

Why kick gens, when they can insta tap stop regression, far more value from tunneling someone out.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

People will tunnel/camp regardless, but COH incentivizes it more. Which is what OP is saying.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

But COH doesn't incentivize it more in the sense that the perk doesn't cause the camp/tunnel. Atleast no more then the current reasons people cry that they have to camp or tunnel. To an extent the perk itself can kinda be used as a tracking instrument for the killer. if you injure multiple survivors and you know where the boon is then you know where to go and find them

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,273

CoH has made it worse but it wont stop even if the perk is gone.

I think what would happen is that we see more killer variety come back. Right now i feel like its the same 3 killers i keep seeing. I barely see ghosties, michaels just your avarage M1 killers.

Can't blame people for not playing them eather. I left my ghosty to the ditch after CoH came into the play. I also have had to start tunneling nowdays so CoH being gone would take that pressure off me but there are still people that would do it just because its the best way to kill people.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I think it will decrease tunneling and camping but not drastically.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

It's only counter is to camp and tunnel. Everything else you've mentioned doesn't matter. The survivors will just rebless the totem or bless a different one.

• Nikatara69
    Nikatara69 Member Posts: 273

U actually know that all this is dumb??? Many games without CoH in lobby, killers still camp and tunnel

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2022

Everytime a survivor heals with Circle of Healing, it should eventually extinguish the boon. That, and boons snuffed by killers should take longer and longer to re-bless each time. Either go find a new totem or spend the extra time blessing the same one over and over.

There. Fixed.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2022

The only good thing (for killers) about Circle of Healing is it makes the weak Broken status effect slightly more valuable and effective.

Honestly confused at why Forced Penance's punishment is no worse than the small downside that comes with a bunch of survivor perks.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

Tunnel and Camp is not for CoH, to climb or maintain MMR, only kills matters so Killers try to secure at least 2 survivors.

CoH es breaking the Game because every M1 killer struggles to protect gens. If you Chase One survivor, he goes into a strong loop and you abandon that Chase to protect a gen or to avoid dealing with that looo, with CoH they reset ultrafast and Killers are on the start point again,with 2 gens less.

Tunnel is the best choice 95% of times, Camp is for SWF altruism abuse with Killers like Bubba or Trickster. But is by far the most effective way to play on this extreme genrush meta

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213

What a weird hypothesis.