What perk would you love to use but it has a limitation you dont think it needs

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Title. Alot of perks out there have limitations, some are to balance out stronger perks while others seem unneeded.

So what perk would you love to use if its limitations wasn't there?

For me, Surge (itll always be surge to me) has too many limitations, cool perk but far too many downsides

Thrill of the hunt: if this wasnt a hex I'd use it nearly every match. I dont think this needs to be a hex anymore after the notification removal.

Comments

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

I agree on both, but it is one of the most satisfying things ever to get really good Surge (Jolt) value several times a match. It would be tight if one of the next things they put on experimental testing was a much longer range for the perk to proc or removal of the basic hit requirement.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,577

Jolt and Oppression for killer.

For survivors, Saboteur, maybe?

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Pop: having it active only after hooking a survivor is horrible. It should always be active with no condition

Dead hard: 40 seconds exhaustion just for using it? Come on.. and the exhaustion timer doesn't even go down while running. It should be at most 20 seconds

This is why I don't use those perks

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Killer perks with cooldown in general, most of those are plain unnecessary.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

It's true though, I (mostly) don't play with those perks at all

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

Surge needs its basic attack requirement removed and then it’s perfect. I’d use it a lot more often.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Hangman's Trick

Monstrous Shrine

Surge

Territorial Imperative

Blood Warden

PWYF

Just to name a few...

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Dragon’s Grip. It’s so satisfying when you can get value out of it but the cooldown is just ridiculous. I find Spirit with Dragon’s Grip and Wakizashi Saya can be decent if DG didn’t have the limitations it did.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I don't really understand why people want thrill to be a non-hex

Outside of plaything and penti that make totems during the match it's worse as a non hex then a hex

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I actually think that Furtive chase has potential, but it's definitely the worst perk in the game right now. The suggestion that I would have for it is to increase the amount of time that you remain in a chase after breaking off the chase by 5 seconds and to increase the terror radius reduction from 4 meters per stack to 8 meters per stack.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Coup de Grace. If it was just a simple boost to lunge distance, even a more modest one, I’d use it. The way it works though feels like it's overly complicated and inconsistently available for what it does. You get only a handful of tokens for it over the course of a game and you may not even want to use a token on a given lunge at that.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

CoH: I should be able to boon more than one totem at a time. It would be fun to light all 5 totems with it.

😛

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938
    edited March 2022

I would love to use:

• Surge (If it triggered on Special Attacks as well)
    • I'm All Ears (If the cooldown was 20 seconds)
    • Oppression (If the cooldown was around 30 seconds'ish)
    • Dragon's Grip (If the cooldown was around 30-40 seconds'ish and only went on cooldown if someone was successfuly exposed)
    • Trail of Torment (If the cooldown was either removed or 30 seconds max.)
    • Any Mean's Necessary (If the cooldown was around 30 seconds)
    • Saboteur (If the cooldown was around 30 seconds and only went on cooldown after a full sabotage)

That's what came to my mind. There are probably more but that is it for now.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,162

Saboteur - the cooldown when you don't actually sabo a hook is annoying, not only because it goes into a cooldown but also the length of the cooldown is so long when you haven't actually sabo a hook.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Blood Echo without a doubt.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Make furtive chase lower your tr "outside" of a chase. Equip m&a,+get a few hooks=every killer is a stealth killer :p

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Dark Devotion, mostly because it would be hilariously fun on a lot of killers without the basic attack restriction (like Huntress, Oni, or even Trapper).

Or if it at least would reactivate if you hit the obsession again while it was already active.

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Hope: If it paused while on Hook or in the Dying state would be nice. Or if it stayed active until a gate was opened.

This is Not Happening: If it gave an additional bonus progression for Great Skill Checks while injured. And more skill checks while injured.

No One Left Behind: If it triggered after last Gen instead just endgame.

Lightweight: Scratch Marks fade 50/75/100% faster while not running.

Premonition: Either drop cooldown to 30/25/20 seconds, Or hide scratches and blood for 4 seconds upon trigger.

Slippery Meat: No scratches for 4/6/8 after unhook self/being unhooked.

Unrelenting: 5-10% buff to its numbers. Its nice, but not enough to use to partially mitigate Dead Hard.

Spies from the Shadows: Making it so you, the killer, no longer scare crows.

Monstrous Shrine: Rework to a Scourge Hook with Sabo protection. And allows Basement to count as Scourge. Look, I get its technically a rework, but increased sacrifice time and incentivizing basement camping ain't my jam.

Iron Grasp: Make its number even with Agitation and Boil Over. It doesn't match Agitation for distance you're able to carry them, and it no longer matches the Wiggle Effect of Boil Over.

Insidious: Making it last for a small amount of time after moving, but having it wear off if you stand still too long.

Thrill of the Hunt: Can I have my notifications back plz.

NoED: Can it just say Exposed once all gens are done instead of waiting for a hit? Rancor tells in advance, and I don't think people really have an issue with that perk.

Deerstalker: Recovery progression. Tell me who's trying to do Unbreakable.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Hex Perks. Why run something that is entirely in the survivors control for you to have, and the good players know how to find them - plus remove them quickly.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,111

Coup De Grace and Fire Up. Why are they based on you losing gens?

Distortion. Why does it have tokens you can never get back?

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Fire up. Not only does it require you losing gens, but the bonuses are completely negligible. I've seen it have an affect on a match once in the entire time its been out

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Blood Warden should "charge" when the last gen is popped. Then trigger when the doors are open. I think 99ing doors is way too easy to negate this perk entirely.

• AetherBytes

This removes its threat of keeping everyone in till the egc pops

• EntitySpawn

Thrill makes cleansing and blessing longer, but only if your hex stays up. Its effect really isnt that strong, thana can do the same thing but also affects gens.

Being able to use thrill and not lose it would be far better. Hit and run killer? Use thrill so they waste more time booning COH

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

Distortion should give back tokens after being in a chase for x amount of time. This way someone can't just use it to hide from the killer the whole game

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Oppression and it's insane cooldown needs to go.

• AetherBytes

Right now its biggest use is waiting out the timer than hooking someone so that no one can escape before the EGC ends.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The extra totem means more time to cleanse everything.

I posted the math behind it in the other toth threat. In almost all scenario's it's worse. Just a case of the community not really thinking about what they are asking

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

Stake Out. There's far more ways for a killer to mask their Terror Radius now that are viable (Tinkerer springs to mind).

For gen-minded people like me, its hard for me to fearlessly work on a gen (with this perk) in the presence of a killer when I know that im not making any progress on my Stake Out stacks. I might as well take another gen based perk that will at least guarantee some usage.

• EntitySpawn

No you arent understanding how the perk works. Having it as a hex is no bonus what so ever infact it only brings the bad side of if they get your thrill you now lose the perk.

0 benefit to it being a hex, hence why if it wasn't a hex its be better and I'd use it

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Coup De Grace should work with Demogorgon's Shred and Pig's Ambush. Basically any 'extended lunge attack'

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,358
    edited March 2022

100% agree. I'd actually make ToTH my choice too. They took away TOTHs core ability to do what it actually was supposed to do as a Hex, Totem defense. Now that the notification got taken away to compensate for increased interaction time it reads no different than a basic perk while lacking the strength that makes HEX perks so unique. It would make more sense if it read like this now:

For each Totem remaining in the environment, Thrill of the Hunt gains 1 Token.

• Survivors suffer from a stack-able 8/9/10 % Action Speed penalty per Token to Cleansing and Blessing, up to a maximum of 40/45/50 %.
    • Grants a stack-able 10 % bonus Bloodpoints
    •  for actions in the Hunter
    •  Category per Token, up to a maximum of 50 %.

I would also throw in Ruin and Undying and revert them back to their original release text.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,167

My thoughts exactly.

Coup de Grace could be fun, but as it works right now you never have a super lunge available when you need one, but always waste them when not needed.

Also Second Wind with survivors. In concept I like it, but its so complicated that I feel I would have to pause the game mid chase to look up how to activate it, again. I remember reading through it like I times in a row when I started playing the game and I couldn't make a lick of sense out of it.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Oppression and Eruption. Both would be decent without the cool downs.

• EntitySpawn

Honestly I dont even care about the BP bonus, just slowing down cleansing and destroying totems and not be a hex would be good enough for me to run most games, especially on hit and run killers.

• Pochoclo
    Pochoclo Member Posts: 15

Hex: Huntress Lullaby. I would use it, but the fact that I have to hook 5 people before and that can get destroyed in the start of the match makes it pointless imo, because it doesn't reward you for doing all of that. If it started already with 5 stack it would make it better and not op (because it's not really a super good hex)

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

It kind of annoys me that Head On is an exhaustion perk. It's such a situational perk that could be fun but I don't use it because it would mean other useful exhaustion perks (DH, SB, etc) aren't viable with HO. Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be unlimited of course, but I think it should just be a cool-down perk - not exhaustion.

Also, Hex perks in general as a killer. Not so much the perks themselves per se, but they get cleansed so quickly that they're rendered pretty useless 9/10 games. I know there's undying, but as soon as survivors know you have it they'll go on a search for your actual hex totem (Ruin, BF, etc). If you use both a Hex and undying, as soon as they're both cleansed you have two wasted perk slots. I've lost count of the number of times I've had Ruin cleansed within the first 30 seconds of a game (usually because someone spawns right next to it). 😂I wish they'd improve totem spawns in general, or do something else to make it a little harder to cleanse them just to make Hex's more viable. I get that most of them are very powerful and need a strong counter on the survivor side, but having Hex's spawn right in the open where survivors can easily see them is kinda silly.

• cluxdx
    cluxdx Member Posts: 168

Surge/Jolt is definitely one for sure. Only works on Basic Attacks, has a 40 second cooldown and only works in a small area, all for just 8% regression. To make it good they either have to buff it to at least 15%, remove the cooldown, or make it work when downing someone by any means.

Play With Your Food is another one. I have to go out of my way to find and chase only one guy, can only get one stack per 8 seconds, and I lose the stacks faster than I get them. Personally I'd make it have 4 tokens max at 4% per token, and give 2 tokens at a time instead of 1.

• _AdamFrancis_
    _AdamFrancis_ Member Posts: 698

Dragons Grip. It would be a strong perk if it wasn't for its 50 second cool down 🙄

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Distortion - It should just be unlimited to counter all the wall-hack perks.