The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is camping still allowed.

Tdáh
Tdáh Member Posts: 4
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

After all these years, still have'nt managed a way to deal with campers.. "body blocking" is classed as greifing but Hook campers is not. yea well done.. honestly

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

If you are getting camped the fault is your own and nobody elses at least your preventing the killer from getting maxiumum bp

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Uh, because camping is a measure of skill, according to the devs.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

All i am saying is that you can loop all match but ultimately its harder to loose the killer in a chase and force them to find someone else. Just takes practice and looping well also takes some skill but if your team isnt helping you loose the lusted killer then whose fault is it. Also dont bring noed into the topic as that perk is one of the few killer last ditch efforts to score when they got looped the entire match. Facecamping can never be removed as it would completely kill a killers threat and then theyd never learn to get better.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I like how you are going to use that as an example instead of Rancor. You get chased for 5 gens and then just straight up die lmao. No camping required. And it's existence confirms the dev's don't care about 1 survivor dying cheaply. The killer still lost as a whole.

It's the survivors fault for being the one chased. It really is. For so long DBD was actually a stealth game at red ranks because the only killer there was Nurse. Don't forget that.

• OpenX

Yeah, it is. Stealth is a viable option in this game. I don't hand out chases for free as a survivor, even if i'm a strong looper. Give me a reason why I would? Getting found and being in a chase in the first place is a mistake, especially in solo Q. In tournaments the strategy is literally to hide in lockers until the first survivor is caught and starts being chased.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Right I hate camping as well but that is a slippery slope for BHVR to walk on. There has been matches I had as Killer where I hooked a survivor only to chase another Survivor backed to the hooked Survivor and they looped me around the poor hooked Survivor til the Entity took them. At the end game they all accused me of camping when I was not at all. So how do we fix camping with punishing players like me who chase players to a hooked Survivor but have no intention or interest in camping.

There also pseudo camping Killers like Hag and Demo who don't camp the Survivor but just lay traps.

• OpenX

Sounds like something to say when you know I am right. Being immersed at your gen wastes just as much time as looping and uses no pallets. That's why the best players in the game do it when they are playing for money.

But I can tell you don't play the game at a high enough level to know any of that. That's why you are in here complaining about Bubba lmao.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

What kind of demogorgon puts portals near hooks that’s a waste lmao

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Imagine balancing a game around camping,Devs said they're looking into for a solution

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

What in the world is gen rushing?? What else are the survivors supposed to do? Please answer this question. What would you like the survivors to do instead of working on gens? You’re the 5th person that I have asked this question when they use that phrase. Please be the first to answer a question about the survivors ONLY objective in game. Killers complain Ruin gets cleansed to quickly. Then when players play immersive and stealth, they get mad and say it’s boring. So what would you like them to do??

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Bodyblocking is griefing because the game cannot end. Camping has an end as the hook timer can expire.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Well, he did outskill you. You had 5 gens to try to lose the killer and failed to juke him.

The issue is that a lot of players do not WANT to juke the killer. They want to stay in chase. Well, congratulations! You got it!

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

It's not if you know how to place it and have the addon to let you know when someone is near a portal. Then you get a early warning and can get there as they are unhooking or before they start

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Why is doing gens still allowed?

• Pewpew
    Pewpew Member Posts: 4

Camping is a made-up word salty entitled survivors throw around when they lose the game at no one's fault but their own.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

Because sbmm doesn't work and it's very common for someone with 200 hours to face people with 4k+. I can't run people for 5 gens of my own skill but players with sub-500 hours, which at EU when I play survivor are common in my games, it's fairly easy.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

And what is the killer meant to do? Have a tea party with the survivors?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2022

Your bottom line has been the biggest issue with "fixing camping" forever and I have yet to hear an answer that isn't either abusable or would hurt innocent killers who are not camping.

I've heard suggestions to try to give the killer incentives to leave like BP or whatnot but if a killer WANTS to camp you, no incentive is ever going to get them to leave and as stated above, I've yet to hear a punishment that would be fair/not abusable.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Devs want 2k/2e matches and camping gets the most 2k/2e games. It's not griefing but it's not a fun match either.

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

Give hooked survivors Emblem and Bloodpoints for Killer too close to the hook. So this doesnt fix camping as much as mitigate the loss of the survivor and possibly a less likely or self murder as they are just delaying their death, boringly, for 0 incentive. One thing that makes camping valuable is the survivor dying prematurely due to dc, self rescue attempt, or purposeful failed skill check. Like if this is a fair tactic then the survivor is wasting 2 minutes of the killers time by staying alive so emblem and bp should be awarded.

This doesnt affect killers in any way but incentivizes survivors to stay alive while being camped making camping less profitable.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

They actually didn’t. They’re looking for a solution to reckless facecamping only. It’s also taking a while because every single idea had to be scrapped because they were busted and abusable.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

Because it is an inherent part of the game.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

this discussion breaks apart on the mere question of what camping even is.

since there is no clear definition to it, the opinions on what would be considered a camp and what not widely part in the community.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,165

1000000%

As a solo queue player, it sucks seeing someone get camped because I know there's a 50/50 shot they're just gonna kill themselves on the hook, rendering the one chance we have DOA. But they have no incentive except being kind to us strangers to sit there and waste two minutes of their life.

I really wish people getting camped got something for it.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Why is 360° juking and bodyblocking hooks allowed? Camping sucks for the camped person, but why would you just let someone who juked the hell out of you get away freely to do it all again .......

Camping is ok, face camping isn't imo.

• Sharpefern

Exactly. In addition it changes literally nothing on the competitive scene as the survivor on hook wouldn't dc in competitive play.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

Camping isnt very sportsmanlike, but it is a strategy. I swear tho if you use me as bait and hide in a corner with insidious Ill kill myself before allowing it. XD

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,582

That last one is absolutely disgusting. It's probably one of the reasons the population is dropping.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

If I'm chased that long in Solo Q against a 1 Shot or someone I suspect has NOED, I'm going to try my hardest to throw the killer at someone else.

It's a decision that sometimes has to be made to survive, particularly in Solo Q, that some people don't even know is on the board.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

That is because it is impossible to "fix" camping for two reasons. 1st camping isn't a problem its a strategy and sure you can incentivise not using that strategy but flat out removing a strategy is stupid. I might despise holding W but its still a valid strategy akin to camping. 2nd point is thart you would need to go on a killer by killer basis pretty much. Add not having powers in a certain radius and nurse/110 suffers an extrem amount but trickster can still camp as easily. Add something to do with tr well we saw what happened with BT there. Cant go more than 1 stage while within X meters, they tried that it failed quite spectacularly. Slower hook progress while within X meters, non camping killers will trigger this, it may lead to simalar situations to only 1 stage and also a facecamping Bubba would not care if it took 20 min to facecamp someone instead of 2. Every single solution to camping I have seen has had a major flaw.

• Sharpefern

See but that plays into the strategy because instead of having a survivor preoccupying them for 2 minutes while the rest of the people do gens the survivor dies in 15 seconds and the killer and return to the hunt with only having to worry about a 3v1.

• Sharpefern

Gen rushing is a thing but people misuse it all the time. It's exploiting the fact that with multiple survivors you can take multiple perks and items that focus on getting gens done. If you are up against a team of 4 people each with Engineers toolboxes with a brand new part and a wire spool running built to last, streetwise and prove thyself those gens are going to pop way to fast, that is probably the most extreme example of gen rushing but I think it shows how there is a tactic that is unfair to the killer.

HOWEVER often on these forums people will describe gen rushing as people just doing generators because the killer was in a chase or didn't find them or basically did not apply pressure to get the survivors off the generators. Which isn't gen rushing its just getting outplayed and even this style of play is discouraged by behavior with putting maxes on objectives/survival.

TLDR: Gen rushing is a thing, but it almost never actually gets used and even if it does the survivors will not benefit from it BP or Emblems wise.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

open chest,cleanse totems,unhook,heal,be in chase,go for flashlight saves.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

If Camping does get solved then what happens to the instant save?

See cause the base game is so bad... The Devs don't see it as a problem

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Remember, If you intentionally die on the hook because the killer camped, the only "lesson" you are teaching that killer is that camping works, as it makes survivors get rid of themselves.

The real fix to camping? Same as the one for tunneling. Realize that life isn't fair, some days you're the dog, other days you're the fire hydrant. Killers playing this way as a general rule aren't doing so out of any hate or anything, just the logistics of the game making it far easier for them to win the sooner they get to a 2 or 3v1 scenario.

The game starts with everything favoring survivors. They have lots of health states, items that are fully charged, and just about the entire map they could logically be. Winning as killer is all about trying to get that pendulum in your favor as quickly as possible. Camping or tunneling out a single survivor is the most effective and efficient way to do just that.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Both bodyblocking and camping are specifically allowed in the rules.