The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hatch spawn logic

How does it work. Are there an algoritm or is it totally random (if no offerings are used)?

Was chasing this last injured survivor towards an unsafe loop. The other survivor was killing herself on hook. I was feeling confident that this was going to be a well deserved 4K. The hooked survivor gets sacrificed the moment I hit the last survivor.

Surprice! the hatch spawned right under her feet the EXACT moment i hit her. And she instantly jumps down with lightning reflexes.

I stared dumbfounded at my screen for a while after that.

I have had the hatch spawn close to a survivor before but not like this... not like this...

Incredible luck? or can you figure out the spawn some way?

Or.... was it... hacks... :O.... (please say hacks).

Have you figured out the mysteries of the hatch?

Comments

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Nah doesn't have to be hacks. I have had plenty of games where the hatch spawns right next to me by chance. I've literally had it spawn under my feet before and it's cases like that where i'm happy my profile is public or people would 100% be calling hacks.

I'm pretty sure it's totally random among preselect spawn points. You can actually find it with some powers since it has collision even before it's spawned (or at least it used to).

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

One of my last games i managed to %4 escape a hook that would have killed me, the hatch spawned under the hook i was on, not that i seen it as someone else was still alive on hook, and i had a beartrap on so went to remove it.

The nice Pig was standing at it and let me live because i was just lucky that day.

• Etsuhara
    Etsuhara Member Posts: 52

Maybe it's like a "hatch kobe". 4% chance for hatch to spawn under your feet?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Sometimes one player gets lucky and it spawns under them. It's just as likely to occur for you as the killer as it is for the survivor.

Assuming no offerings are used, there are random spawnpoints for it on each map that it can appear at; if you'd like to know more about where it can and can't appear, check this thread here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291884/how-do-i-get-better-at-finding-the-hatch#latest