The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How to counter iri head? Maybe a distance requirement?

ElizaSteph
ElizaSteph Member Posts: 106
edited March 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know it’s a rare add on but to me it’s really unfair most of the time, and I encounter it a lot. I’m not talking about huntress players who are really skilled and hit some amazing shots. When I get iri downed from a bit aways or even at a good angle I’m usually like ah well that’s annoying but nice shot.

Almost every time I go against a huntress with this add on tho all they do is wait until they’re close to you and could M1 but instead use the hatchet. It’s like turning an M1 killer that doesn’t take much skill aim wise into a one shot killer. I don’t really know how to counter people who play like this but this is the only iri head players I come across most of the time. They’re too paranoid to miss bc they only have one hatchet, so they wait until there is no way they can miss (ie animation lock or being right behind you.) I can’t think of what to do against this once you lose distance (can’t drop a pallet or she’ll hit you in lock, can’t greed bc she’ll run through and then insta down you, etc.) I just think iri head having a distance requirement would be more fair. It’s kind of like her having noed without the speed boost. Usually on pallets against a huntress if she hits you in lock, at least you got some distance and time wasted out of that. With iri head you don’t get much value.

Killers that have insta down abilities usually require some sort of effort like playing billy, or using clown’s/blight’s add on, etc, but huntress can just basically instadown M1 you the whole time :/. I don’t want to whine, but I had about three games today with it which is pretty uncommon I’ll admit, but it just reminds me of all the times I’ve gone against huntresses who play like that. Only throwing iri when they’re right behind you and can’t miss, where usually an M1 would take place or a normal hatchet would give you some distance.

For a very rare add on I see it pretty often. And I know they’re supposed to be good they’re iridescent, but I think it takes a basic game mechanic and completely ignores it. M1s are easier to get, so it takes two to down someone. Billy can insta down bc usuijg his chain saw requires a lot of skill. Same for that blight rushing add on. Using a huntress hatchet from a distance or at a tricky wall or jungle him is also pretty hard, so I can see why iri head could be pretty fair in general. It’s only when they’re used as M1s when it really sucks :/.

EDIT

i said this in a comment and I wanted to reiterate it. This wasn’t meant to be rude or condescending or anything, im just saying I think the perk was meant to reward huntresses who played more risky and used it at distances to benefit as opposed to huntresses who just use it super close up on people.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ElizaSteph

It’s way easier to dodge one ######### killers though, and loop them at curves and stuff like Billy. And other killers who have add ons it’s a lot harder for them to use. Aiming on clown is hard, and rushing with blight is too. But having basically an insta M1 is what I meant is unfair. If that makes sense?

• ElizaSteph
  • OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

I guess but I don't have many problems with huntress. I think Pinky Finger is way more powerful at this point. Iri head is practically a meme to me and I think a huntress with 7 instant windup hatchets would be way more threatening.

Dead hard means you could just stay injured all game against it too, and then she is a pure M1 killer at 110% movespeed which is omegalul. You will always have your dead hard up for the 1 hatchet.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Huntress has slow movement and a lullaby. If you're letting her get close enough to hatchet you where she can't miss as you put it then its your fault.

If you do let her get close then: Stay behind high walls, and tight corners, don't drop pallets in front of her, duck, dodge and dive.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

If you want to learn how to beat Iri head, then you've got to learn the 5 d's of looping: Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge.

• ElizaSteph

I’m saying they throw it when there is no way to dodge it. It requires no risk to one shot someone you’re behind on is in animation lock. It’s basically used as an insta M1. Normally m1s are easier to get so it takes two to down you. I don’t think the devs intented iri head to be used as basically M1s shots close to people. “You’re dead any way with it without” isn’t true, because in normal situations you get distance and get two hits instead of one. This wasn’t meant to be rude or condescending or anything, im just saying I think the perk was meant to reward huntresses who played more risky and used it at distances to benefit as opposed to huntresses who just use it super close up on people.

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369
    edited March 2022

The addon was nerfed back in May 2021, from 3 hatchets to 1.

It is working as the devs intended. Your ability to deal with it is what is lacking, Nothing more.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

I'm sorry, but nobody in the world would use it then. Why on earth would you use an add-on that limits your hatchets to 1 instead of 5 AND only instadowns if 16m or further away?! That's just absurd. It would instantly make her the weakest killer in the game when used, no exceptions. It's like if Alchemist Ring reduced your maximum Rush Tokens to 2 and made Blight 4.4m/s, or if Pinky Finger reduced Clown's bottles to one and increased his reload time by four seconds.

I like Iridescent Head the way it is. It's a very unique style of gameplay - high risk high reward. If you can dodge the hatchet, you win the chase as she will have to reload. I understand the dislike for being melee hatcheted, but it's a perfectly valid style of playing. It's like Myers with Tier 3 at 99% - sure, it's a little annoying to be on the receiving end of, but it's balanced and you already screwed up by letting the killer get that close. Especially with Iri Head Huntress, as she is 4.4m/s and loses the chase if she misses her hatchet.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited March 2022

It's on you if there is no way to dodge it, no survivors should be forced to go into deadzone by 4.4 killers unless all palettes are dead.

hitting with M1 as 4.4 killer is extremely hard and pretty much all of them have extremely strong power to complement it, and even with normal situation you will die with M1 hatchet because stun is much shorter than normal M1, most of the time huntress can catchup before you reach anywhere.

I think this addon is meant to reward careful huntresses because it will punish risky play while rewarding careful and accurate shot, "reward huntress who played more risky" is literally opposite of what it does, I don't think dev intended exactly opposite of what it does when they designed this, I mean it's pretty much impossible unless everything mess up so badly.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

Honestly, the best counter is comms, which isn't feasible for most players. It needs to be communicated when she has a hatchet and when she's reloading. Iri Head makes camping way too viable. I don't think it should be a thing, personally.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

How to counter IRI head:

Have the devs nerf it for me

Lol not s****** on you, just saw that title and it cracked me up

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a hatchet 🔧💨

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Like has been said before... just dodge it. I was countering iri hatchets when they were still able to have 3 by just dodging 3 hatchets. Now it's even easier than before.

Also protip: avoid going into any vacuums while you're playing against her. If you run to a window or try to vault a pallet, you'll be locked into the animation making you completely helpless against a quick thrown hatchet.

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

I don't think putting a distance requirement would be valid, as she only has 1 hatchet after the nerf and would be horrible to play with this addon. But what I expected when she was nerfed is a change in her base kit , regardless of the addon used, wich put a timer when she holds the hatchet before releasing (she should have a maximum time to hold the hatchet and, after that time, she automatically throws the hatchet if not canceling it before)

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

they should never have nerfed the hatchet amount and done something more fun with the addon altogether. a distance requirement or the ability to pass through objects would have been much more interesting than what is basically an easier pinky finger now.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Let me see if I get this straight...

You want to nerf the only insta-down effect of a character that moves at a pathetic 110% movement speed, announces herself with a lullaby, and only gets ONE CHANCE, hit or miss? Just because she can use it at melee range?

Billy can do that, and try again if he misses. 115% speed killer.

Bubba can do that, and try again if he misses. 115% speed killer.

Ghostface can do that just by stalking you. 115% speed killer.

Myers can do that in Tier 3. 115% speed killer.

... why are we picking on Anna, again?

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

If you can't dodge one hatchet, then you need to practice more. Iri head in its current state is a complete joke of an addon and really hurts the Huntress more. Now you can say "but at close distance its unavoidable, well honestly you need to practice looping some more as you should rarely be in a situation like that to begin with. Old ir head where you could hold up to 3, maybe hat was a little OP, but since it was capped at 1, if you are struggling to beat that you are the issue.