Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

For survivor complaining about nurse having no counter play I think you are just bad, let me explain

2»

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Doesn't matter, she has no counterplay when user is skilled enough, she is bloodlust 15 with no restriction after all.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I guess a 15-second cooldown is no restriction. I guess not being able to go through walls and pallets is no restrictions (Nurse can do that no problem). She’s got directional audio now meaning you can hear where she’s coming from. Git gud mate.

• fulltonon
    edited March 2022

Yes, it is no restriction just like nurse's fatigue, blink charge time or cooldown and super slow movement speed is not a restriction.

Not being able to go through walls and palettes doesn't matter too because with extreme speed of her she can catch survivors regardless of those things, when she is skilled enough.

Directional audio doesn't help either, because even if you run away you will get caught thanks to her super speed, there is nothing survivors can do to counter this power because good spirit always know where survivors go and what they do, mindgame is not a reliable counter.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    edited March 2022

That's where latency and short range blinks come in, there's no anticipation if she can charge her blink for a half second and wreck you then next.

Nurse has no counter play in Mid to short distance ranges, cause she can blink twice faster than you can juke, not to mention the small latency on both sides that makes the nurse blink faster than what you can see on your screen.

All the Nurse has to do is catch up to you in mid to close range in order to land a SURE AND EXACT PINPOINT HIT.

The only way a nurse can mess up is if she always swings in the first blink trying to overreach or doesn't see where she's going.

• Plsfix369
    edited March 2022

MY COMMENT GOT SERVER VALIDATED NOW?! GOOD ONE BHVR. I QUIT.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564

As much as I dislike facing against a Spirit, I'd have to agree with this.

Nurse's ability to break restrictions makes chases feel uneventful too.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited March 2022

Nurse is fun to go against as long as it isn't every match. Not wanting her to be nerfed is reasonable. Trying to argue that she's balanced is ridiculous.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

I wish people would actually give proof if they want to make farfetched claims.

• fulltonon

No killers have counter play in close range, they really shouldn't.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

A bad Nurse is fun to go against. A good one who just blinks on you, hits, blinks on you, down, is boring af.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Dude the game is based around melee attacks/melee range abilities.

Every killer is disadvantaged at long range(To varying degrees) and the entire point of a chase is to get into close range where they do have the advantage over the survivors.

Its the fundamental basis the entire game and its why killers are faster then survivors either base or with powers.

• Plsfix369

How do you use a pallet then, what's the use of a window, how good are you in juking a nurse in mid to short range when there's practically nothing stopping the nurse from killing you?

Whenever i play nurse all i need to do is get close enough to practically unleash my second blink to obtain a free hit and survivors have practically no counterplay for it.

• Plsfix369
    edited March 2022

How about you check this as well, Stunning a nurse on a pallet is a stroke of luck, it's like 1 in a million chances.

The Nurse chasing you over reached this guy didn't.

• fernandosilveirasc
    fernandosilveirasc Member Posts: 37

Can't really say she has no counter play, but it is completely different from the rest of the game. Its basically, you spend most of your days learning chess, get good at it, than you go play and its checkers.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

No need to explain, a valid point was made when you said people who complain are just bad.

• Plsfix369
    edited March 2022

You forgot latency, She dropped it while the nurse was blinking already. and look what 2 seconds of fatigue get her, only 2 seconds of running, the nurse can practically down anyone in less than 10 seconds.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

People talking about Nurse breaking all the rules... what "all the rules"?

She can go directly through objects in a straight line after having powered up her blink... that's literally her only power. And you can most definitely abuse it because she CANNOT hit through solid objects after having emerged from a blink.

So, how to counter a Nurse:

1) Break line of sight... she can only blink in straight lines, so break LOS and make like you're going one way but fake going another

2) On maps with multiple levels, run TOWARD the Nurse. She cannot cancel her blink once she starts to charge, so you'll either force her to over-blink, or to go down to the other level.

3) Use walls... jungle gym walls, z-walls, heck even the rocks and trees will do. She has to blink to one side or the other. You run to the other side. You need to make every blink a 50/50 for her. If you're losing the 50/50, that's on you! It's not because Nurse is OP. It's because you're not juking her when you absolutely can and should be!

4) When another survivor is being chased, bust out the gens!!

5) Do not "drop" in chase, i.e. use vaults where there's a drop, etc. That's a free hit for a Nurse because she can blink directly to where you land and you'll likely still be there because of the stagger... unless you have BL or she's in fatigue.

6) Be unpredictable... Nurses have to predict where you'll be when you're running to land a successful blink. If you're being predictable, you're going to get hit. If you're getting hit, it's because you're predictable. Again, that's on you!

7) Hold 'w'! Unless she's got range addons, it's hard for a Nurse to catch-up as quickly as you guys are making out. She not only has the fatigue to go through, but literally has to charge up her blink, and then execute it (and likely mis-blink if she's panicking to try and catch you). That's plenty of time to make distance... more distance than she can actually cover in a single blink cycle.

8) Don't drop pallets against a Nurse, unless you're good enough to stun her with it. Otherwise it's literally a free hit because you're locked in animation to drop the pallet. Don't try the vault mind-game either, because she can "fake" the blink to the other side by mis-blinking making you vault into her for a free hit.

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115

Spirit has directional audio Q to where she is. You don't have to see her at all to know where she's at. Also, simply walking while she's phasing is a HARD counter to her power. I like playing against Spirit, she's very interactive and there's never anything that feels "unfair" when going against her. Also, as someone who always runs IW and a flashlight, I'm always prepared to face her as IW and a flashlight are super strong against her. Blight also has a hard counter of just turning one way when he swings. I've messed up so many blights doing this. Especially when in a small to medium loop. It's the same strat I use against Nemesis. Hug the loop one way and juke the other way of the loop at the pallet when they go to use their power. Blight is essentially and M1 Billy. You can also hard counter blight with lockers when he's using his power.

What people are trying to explain to you about Nurse, is that she has no hard counters. Sure, you can break LOS and be unpredictable, but that second blink allows them to correct the misread. And now, she can have 3 blinks at that. Survivors aren't juking you, you're missing your blinks, making bad reads and not correcting them properly.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

also supaalf a player that has comp experience + skill level is way higher than the average player can down a random pub player in 10 seconds? no way

It's completely possible... but only when the player has majorly fubar'd.

It's not something innate to Nurse though. Other killers can down inside of 10 seconds too with STBFL. As well as Mickey Myers with his Tier 3, etc.

The problem is bad survivors are using cherry-picked examples of where a Nurse can over-power a player to allege that she's always that over-powering which is simply not the case.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited March 2022

If nurse gets that close to you. You either did something wrong or she got the drop on you.

FYI. Putting parts of your comment in bold does not strengthen your logic.

Post edited by EvilJoshy on
  • EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

So a killer that is powerless is fun but one that is an actual threat is unfair?

Im glad your not on the balance team.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Dead Hard and Shift W both work exceptionally well against Nurse.

Both Dead Hard and Shift W are free for all survivors.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Easy people want to see them heck I love seeing that and the pick rate data

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The most obvious is breaking Los. Double backs, and any other fake out you can think of. The key with Nurse is figuring out that players style. Are they ambitious and try to predict you? Do they blink to where they last saw you and adjust from there? That's what makes her fun to vs in my opinion.