Chinese Spam on the Forums: Ban This Bot Account

Ajritoka
Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Can the mods just f*cking ban @rtyhtik from the forums? This bot account keeps spamming Chinese bullsh*t every evening through to the next morning.

Comments

• franticpig29
    franticpig29 Member Posts: 102
    edited January 2019

No joke, this ######### happens almost every night. They need to do something about it.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

I get a spam warning when frequently reporting their spam xD

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

It's Chinese spam not Japanese spam. And they just keep coming back, those bot accounts are randomly generated. Annoying grrrr.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

well I hope he banned soon he pushing all other thread down.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

OMFG, irony at its finest.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

Don't report each account more than once otherwise you'll get that and this is just a fraction of the spam that gets caught by the filters.

The best way to do it report each account once then come back later and do the same again on other threads.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@powerbats

Don't report each account more than once otherwise you'll get that and this is just a fraction of the spam that gets caught by the filters.

The best way to do it report each account once then come back later and do the same again on other threads.

Gocha. At least the "spam block" only applied to commenting on spam, not elsewhere.

• powerbats

@powerbats

Gocha. At least the "spam block" only applied to commenting on spam, not elsewhere.

Yeah what i found also works is you can report 2 then post in another regular thread to break it up or 1 report 1 post 1 report wait a few minutes of browsing rinse and repeat.

they've tried tweaking the filer to make it harsher but it starts flagging new legitimate or even older account for temp blocking.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@powerbats

Yeah what i found also works is you can report 2 then post in another regular thread to break it up or 1 report 1 post 1 report wait a few minutes of browsing rinse and repeat.

they've tried tweaking the filer to make it harsher but it starts flagging new legitimate or even older account for temp blocking.

To much of a hassle. 
    Just ignore them.

When the users have to work so the devs don't have to spend money on hiring mods, then something is terribly wrong.

They wanted to add more mods over half a year ago. There have been enough volunteers. Nothing happened. 
  • powerbats

@Tsulan said:

To much of a hassle. 
    Just ignore them.

If you don't report them you're basically rewarding them for spamming since it takes that much longer before they get enough reports.

When the users have to work so the devs don't have to spend money on hiring mods, then something is terribly wrong.

That's not true, they've hired more people but both the ones they've hired and the volunteers have real lives, families, other jobs if not main ones for volunteers etc.

They wanted to add more mods over half a year ago. There have been enough volunteers. Nothing happened. 

They did a recruitment process already and now are just going over the apps since there was probably a lot of them and not just for our forums but other regions as well.

If they go by the standard vetting process then probably sometime near the end of this month or early February we should hear more.

There's also all the problems they've been dealing with due to the new engine update and the other bugs etc.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

To much of a hassle. 
    Just ignore them.

If you don't report them you're basically rewarding them for spamming since it takes that much longer before they get enough reports.

That's not true, they've hired more people but both the ones they've hired and the volunteers have real lives, families, other jobs if not main ones for volunteers etc.

They did a recruitment process already and now are just going over the apps since there was probably a lot of them and not just for our forums but other regions as well.

If they go by the standard vetting process then probably sometime near the end of this month or early February we should hear more.

There's also all the problems they've been dealing with due to the new engine update and the other bugs etc.

Reporting while fearing a forum ban for spamming is a bad idea.
    I got several spam warnings after reporting, and there is no proof that reporting them solves them faster.

So I'll pass.
This discussion has been closed.