The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Are YOU enjoying Sadako? (New Killer)

I wanted to see other ppl opnions on this topic because as a killer main who already got P3 and all perks on every killer then followed Mathieu's advice (play something else) i can't really recommend this killer to others...

She is not really fun to play as she has nothing special other than being able to walk through survivors and teleporting feels really clunky because you can't really tell exactly where the TV is nor the side its facing and on top of that u cant even move your camera during the animation...

In the end she is just a M1 killer with no chase potential, no insta down and a long cooldown teleport that can be prevented by survivors, instantly removing any form of potential map pressure she might have.

I must say that im just playing her because she is new and i wanna P3 her and find the best build possible, however she is boring as clown, Freddy and Wraith are more interesting to play (even tho they are extremely bland too), and once i get there, i'll probably stay away from DbD until next chapter.

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

She's fun to play, but she needs a few tweaks to her power.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

You find it fun to just hold "W" and press M1 from time to time? Sure i also like to play Trapper, but u know what else he can do? Prevent loops entirely or end chases before they even begin.

I ask u to enlighten me and tell me how to have actual "fun" with her please.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited March 2022

Condemnation 2 stack should can kill survivor.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

The TV's should only be able to be turned off by survivors. I've been playing nothing but survivor for the last 3 days and I've only felt the need to turn off TV's a handful of times. Either she does it herself or there isn't a real need to do it.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

She's got some good jumpscares against solo Q. I would say "fun" with her is gonna be limited to running really strong addons. Sort of like Clown. Basekit is some garbo.

• DbD_Enjoyer

Oh sorry if it wasnt clear, the entire post considers her base power, no addons and offerings, only perks (any).

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Teleporting to TVs are fun and manifesting/demanifesting to trick to survivors can also be fun. But it might just because she's a new killer and I have someone else to play besides my mains. Who knows, maybe I'll get bored of her after a while.

• OpenX

Well that's silly, since that is never how things will play out in real games. When you are making ~50k a game with BBQ, how unrealistic is it to be running 15-20k of addons every game? Especially since you said you ran out of stuff to buy at this point.

I share the wealth in my roster. The killers who don't really need addons don't get BP, and I just dump it into the killers that do. And she definitely does.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

She's fun but she still feels underpowered.

• DbD_Enjoyer

While playing i noticed BBQ is really good on her, but i don't use addons because whenever i use them i feel like im wasting, either because the game becomes too easy and survivors die too fast, or because they just rage quit / afk.

Also, relying on consumables is not realistic as u can't count on them for every match.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

I find her very fun. I agree chases can be rough in certain areas but I find her very strong.....before the backlash comes my primary killers I use are Pig, Clown, Ghosty, Mike, and Trapper and I rarely dont get at least a 2k with them but I know there not strong. If you notice none of those killers have mobility so being able to get around pretty frequently is spoiling me.

I have a couple clips on the Xbox DbD activity feed (uploading another now) showcasing exactly why I find her strong. The condemned could use some tweaks but I personally feel her chase should be harder because of what she brings elsewhere.

Before tonight I have only got various coldwind and yamaoka maps so was patiently wating for a heavily survivor sided map to see how I did. I finally got Badham last gm...had a terrible start and still 4k at 2 gens remaining. All my games with her I have used her 3 perks along with corrupt (tier 2 versions). I just got max corrupt along with SHPR and this next game I will bring tier 1 of that in replace of merciless storm.

Any Xbox gamers check out the activity feed hopefully you can find my clips....also OP your right takes a sec to figure out where you facing coming out of tvs but so far has not hurt me too bad.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

She has great mind game potential and map presence and is best used in a hit and run playstyle. Talking about her chase potential tells me that you are playing her wrong. I see a lot of people playing her wrong on youtube too. The only time they demanifest is to teleport. She has good chase potential in places that you can break line of sight on. If you are using manifest/demanifest correctly, people have no idea where you are. You should be demanifested most of the time, other than when you are attacking. If you just try to chase and loop like a regular m1 killer, then that is all you will get out of her.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

No, I am not.

• OpenX

Survivor fun is not a priority for me lmao. Literally I care as much about survivor fun as I do the fun of the guy I shoot in call of duty for a killstreak. Rage quits are welcome. SBMM should give me opponents who can handle some add-ons correct?

And you can run at least brown addons every game, even without BBQ. With BBQ I run purples / greens almost every game. I don't always get to pick which ones but I usually have them. So considering things addonless just isn't a thing for me.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I played her a bunch the other day and she seems fun. 🙂 In terms of effectiveness I think she's probably a bit better than Wraith but not great. (I'd rate Wraith probably 2 out of 5 stars overall and her maybe 2 1/2 or 3 stars.) Personally I could use some practice on her to get used to her shorter point of view and survivors occasionally running through her while she's Demanifested. Like all stealth killers she's more susceptible to survivors who are paying good attention to their surroundings but also probably does better than average against survivors who are tunnel visioned on other things. And I do prefer how her Manifesting works versus Wraith's Uncloak where she essentially is always moving at survivor speed even while Manifesting.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2022

She's been pretty easy so far. I did have one that was constantly teleporting to multiple televisions though and that can be fun to deal with. Her 50% speed add-on makes her very very fast.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • firefox
    firefox Member Posts: 71

She gets boring really fast tbh, not a very creative direction that they went with her. They should have just added more condemned effects, added a true stealth ability in her ghost form (similar to old freddy), and reduced t.v teleport times.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

She's frustrating to play because she's not good and you're just going to end up with 3 or 4 tbagging survivors who feel like gods for beating day release D Tier killers. As for playing against her....well, that's hard because after the first day, no one seems to be playing her now. I ran into a bunch on Tuesday. Wednesday I played a couple of hours and saw one. Aside from that it was just the standard sort of killers I always see, using the same perks I always see. The only new perks being used were survivor ones by Yoichi's who probably doesn't have a bunch of unlockables yet.

This is a big issue with DLC killers being largely weak on release. It makes the chapter completely worthless and unhype. As a killer, I won't want to play her because they made her bad. As a survivor, I won't get to experience facing her because no one wants to play her and then likely lose. So what happens is that the new content is basically 6 perks (of which like one is probably going to see any play, if even that) and a new survivor skin (Yoichi in this case.) I used to be against new maps because there's enough and the devs seem to have an issue making good ones these days, but at the very least it would make the chapter more noticable. As it is I'd probably forget there even was an update if not for the unique main menu and the starting cinematic. When you make a killer no one wants to play, then the chapter basically has like a lifespan of 3 hours before everyone just gets bored and goes back to playing Nurse/Blight or survivor.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528

for a m1 killer she is cool enough but i would like to see her have more mobility like be able to spam tp and maybe induce condemn passively or something instead

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,320

What will matter at the end of the day is how much $$$ she can bring in her current state. I'm playing at red ranks on Console and I saw a lot of them today..probably every other match. For the most part, all matches were 4 escapes. First time facing her yesterday and played a good amount of matches against her between then and now. Overall I agree, she's underwhelming even though she has all these ideas and already existing parts of the game that were incorporated into her design. Has a lot of smooth and cool animations, but still can't help feeling they did her a little dirty for a licensed killer.

• Senpai_J
    Senpai_J Member Posts: 62

I think shes pretty fun, you can always start chases pretty quickly and constantly which is fun but if you get a pallet heavy map its as painful as any other m1 killer.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I enjoy her way more than I thought I would. She's pretty fun and I don't think she's that bad to begin with. However, I wouldn't be opposed to her getting a few buffs as stated here

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

So most maps.

I tried three games.

I got The Game, The Game and Badham

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Nah she’s kind of boring in my opinion. Faced her a bunch of times already and she can’t chase to save her life.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

She needs to be reworked from the ground up. Her powers are way too polarizing, especially the mori part. It forces her to either be underpowered or overpowered, with no in-between.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    edited March 2022

Shes low tier but 10000% adding her to my main roster/rotation of Oni, Blight and Plague. Shes cool, idk lol I just think shes cool.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

I play a lot of killers that are considered being weak, but I also don't care if I win. I mean, the killer shouldn't be total crap. Sadako isn't strong, but there are killers weaker than her imo. If the killers are fun, I don't mind how strong they are. As far as I sweat again for the 4k, I will take a break.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

She's fun, so i am enjoying so far, even with her lack of power.

Still figuring out a good playstyle and perk Addon loadout for her tho.

• Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

I personally like her. Hit and run, Teleport, Gen control. You only commit to chases that you can zone or you Caught the survivor out of position.

I found that Big maps like Blood lodge, Erie, MtO, Badham, etc. are very manageable.

She has her weakness to the healing/boon meta. And perks like Spinechill and Sprint Burst can hard counter some of her shenanigans.

I’m looking forward to the next few months of play to really see what she can do

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I won't be playing her until I get a decent build for her

And I have only played against her once so I don't have an opinion on her as of yet

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

She is fun. I like how fast and smoot her TVs are.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

She's...ugh. Frustrating.

I love:

• Her visual and audio design. Stellar work.
    • Her power is interesting in theory.
    • Uh...one of her perks isn't terrible.

However:

• Both aspects of her toolkit feel mediocre at best and entirely superfluous at worst.
    • She has about 4 addons that feel mandatory for her power to be even somewhat impactful.
    • TV spawn logic can render her power useless.
    • Her small size creates visibility issues in tall grass and corn.
    • A lack of any chasing tool makes her frustrating to play on a lot of maps/survivors. Even Pig can use her dash to mindgame at loops...and that's Pig.
  • Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

I love going against her as it can be terrifying lol

• DbD_Enjoyer

Oh wow it must be truly terrifying not being able to watch your phone while playing because u gotta turn your camera around when sitting on gens...

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited March 2022
    1. Let yourself get up to 5 stacks of condemned.
    2. See teammate on last hook getting chased by Sadako.
    3. Grab a Tape and run to the TV you have to deliver it to in order to remove stacks.
    4. Wait at said TV until you become fully condemned.
    5. Watch Sadako break chase to come after you/teleport to you.
    6. Pop in tape while she's approaching/teleporting.
    7. Enjoy the fact that you just saved your buddy, probably from across the map, and she came after/teleported to you instead of getting a kill, for nothing more than another exhaustive chase.

Works even better if you 99 a heal on yourself before you get fully condemned and insert the tape. Having a healthy survivor get fully condemned is tempting enough for most Onryo's, but an injured one? IRISISTABLE! As soon as one killer we played against realized they'd been played by this tactic, they DC'd, and being a previous killer main myself, I felt pretty bad, but come on, the devs likely knew that survivors would figure out tactics like this to counter the new killer. Otherwise this is just terrible design.

I used this strategy with my friends and in solo queue, works like a charm!

So yeah, She's "Fun" to play against, and has easy counter play (unlike Blight, Nurse, or Spirit). More importantly, she's also the Noisiest "Stealth" Killer in the game, as everything she does has sound that's more often than not directional, so I never have much trouble sussing out where she is. Finally a Stealth killer that has very little chance of jump scaring survivors! You don't even need to bring spine chill because her "Lullaby" radius warns you well in advanced if she's headed your way.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I'm enjoying her as her playstyle is fun. However, I've never played a short killer before. I usually play Plague which is tall. First few matches with Sadako were on good maps (Azarov and Macmillan). But then I had 2 matches yesterday on Cold wind and Pale Rose. Idk if it was an off day, but the corn/grass I couldn't see anything and kept getting 360'd and losing survivors in grass.

Im sure Hag, Blight and Victor face the same issues, but I don't play them too often. I'm hoping to keep practicing and having fun with her though.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Yo I just said that about the grass and corn! I played on open/indoor maps and was fun but then I had Coldwind/Pale Rose btb and I realized this was going to be an issue lol

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Most fun I’ve had on killer in some time and her new skin is probably my favourite in the game, however she does seem to have a few too many concessions in her kit.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

When survivors don't disable her TVs she's a pretty fun killer, but I've had a few games where the survivors knew exactly how to play verses her and they were turning off TVs and managing their condemned and she is an M1 killer with a small terror radius.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Sadako is fun to play as, and against. This is the most fun I've had with dbd in a long time.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited March 2022

Yep, she's pretty cool! You're right about SB as well. I usually don't see a lot of SB, but I've seen so many survivors using it yesterday and today. I wonder if people are using that perk more because of this killer? Maybe I'm just unlucky. lol

Post edited by IronKnight55 on
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,206

Cool at first, but the feeling wanes really quick. She's pretty terribad against good players, and that's never fun.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

You're acting like I don't do that

What I was referring to is the animations she has and how creepy they are

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Yes.

I am absolutely enjoying her.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited March 2022

She got me to play back to back killer games for the first time in months. Yes I am having fun with her and still 3 days in I think she is strong. Really liking Call of Brine as well but the scourge perk is the one I thought I would like the most but have got more value out of Merciless storm than that one. Going to wait to final judge it when I get on other killer (Especially Huntress).

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

I have played against soooo many Sadoka's who just do not know what to do, So I am not surprised she is being slandered lol, but I also wouldn't mind seeing a specific buff or two come her way so I will choose to say less..

• Somna
    Somna Member Posts: 130

I think the most amusing thing I have seen so far with her is people Dead Harding through me while I am demanifested anyway.