Freddy is neglected

Seriously, what happened to him?

one moment he’s strong the next moment he’s laughed at for being pretty bad.

I was an OG Freddy main and although I would do backflips and cartwheels if he was reverted back and buffed, he could just use a rework tbh.

and now I feel like he’s power crept

Comments

• Trex_Crazy
    Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209

I agree, give my man some love. After all we paid money for him only to be disappointed. I feel there needs to be more incentive to not be asleep other than diet clown snares and ok fake pallets.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

I think he needs a rework which is a merge of his former power (probably release version and not the nerfed one) and his current one (teleports and alarm clocks are interesting, and I guess even the Snares/pallets could be kept)

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

What happened? BT became no longer Terror Radius dependent.

And if you wanted to play clown, you can just play clown.

• Trex_Crazy
    Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209

I feel something has to be done because in the movies the whole ordeal is to NOT want to be asleep because its bad, though they do try to fight him when he is asleep so maybe make it so he can't be flashlighted or stunned if you aren't asleep. Though there needs to be some pressing issue while being asleep, I am partial to the slowdown but there are other options. It doesn't have to be a direct consequence to the survivors either. It could be something like the more survivors asleep the faster he is and the faster he breaks pallets, I don't really know I am just throwing Ideas out because it needs to be something.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630

Freddy need buff.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited March 2022

They wanted to nerf either snares or slowdown, but then they just said screw it and nerfed both, and im sure they dont plan to look at him again for a few years. There is no nuance or agency in the balance department.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Needs another rework god he's so boring to play

• Taingaran
    Taingaran Member Posts: 288

Also his Dream World became very dark. This is especially noticeable RPD. Therefore, I can not play for him (maybe not only me).

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063
  • alpaca_boyyy
    alpaca_boyyy Member Posts: 190

He just boring now lmao. Always a snooze fest facing him these days. They won’t revert him they have Onryō now who’s similar

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Freddy was never strong, he only really became a threat when undying moved hexs to every totem.

Hes just not a very strong killer especially as you go higher in skill. Having said that the rework just killed him, pointless and useless addons (most only work when in dream and they honestly are just bad) and then his base kit was also nerfed, such as invincibility to falling asleep for X time etc.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Mmr... He used to be usable when your opponents were less than stellar. Against people who know what they are doing, he is not the Nightmare, the survivors are.

I took advantage of this mmr test to get his adept first try. I was actually scared I would NEVER get it. Thankfully I got to play my baby one more time against normal players.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Demogorgon took his place.

Think about it. Both Freddy and Demogorgon have a 1v1 Power and a Teleport, but Demogorgon does everything Freddy does but better, and has way better Add-ons that can even free up Perk Slots

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

To think a Killer this iconic went from being bad but fun to play, to very powerful befitting his popularity, into a weak joke.

I wonder what Robert Englund would think, or Jackie Earle Haley.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

I think Freddy's dream snares should damage and be like dream claws. They shouldn't hinder anymore, of course, but I think it would be cooler, give him a trapper hybrid style

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,904

Boring gameplay, bad add ons, and not a single cosmetic to his name.

Freddy really is less than desirable right now.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 554

Ppl stopped playing Freddy because they took away his passive slowdowns. It's true that not much has changed with him, but it was those slowdowns ppl crutched on to stack as much slowdowns as possible. Also because of the fact that Freddy can no longer counter BT in the dreamworld.

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154

I hated going against a good Freddy before his nerfs and enjoyed using him. But now he's just not even a threat usually. Agree 100% he needs looked at again, I miss that fear when seeing him or playing as him.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

As someone who mains Freddy exclusively, these are the changes I'd like to see:

1. get rid of the 30 second dream world protection from alarm clocks. 90 seconds (30 second protection + 60 second passive) is way too long to fall asleep considering most games only last 7-10 minutes.
    2. Rework all addons that impact sounds while in the dreamworld. Swing chains and jump rope are virtually useless (these should be brown addons at best).
    3. Give him back 10 dream pallets (pallet Freddy is better than snare Freddy - I will die on this hill)
    4. Decrease his teleport cool down. On big maps you end up having to hold w for too long and then when you finally catch up and get that M1 you've been desperately waiting for, you are greeted with dead hard to extend the chase even longer.
    5. Make some version of fire up base kit. If survivors are awake and his teleport is on cool down, Freddy has nothing to threaten survivors with. Making him grow in strength as the game progresses would be fun.
  • GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

It would be great to have OG Freddy back with some tweaks. What we have now is pitiful. Add-ons especially.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,914

Hes got map pressure but only with slowdown. Cause his puddles are basically worse clown bottles as you can just be awake to not get affected by them and having that 30 second sleep immunity from clocks now just makes him even worse. So in total if you survive that long you get 90 seconds of no puddles or fake pallets so it should be really easy to loop him.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Freddy was given a complete rework. Literally. Im not talking a numbers tweek. The Freddy we got now is completely different than the one that released.

Is it harder to adjust a license character? Is there more hoops they have to jump through or can they just do it?

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

Freddy was strong, many would put him around upper B tier or lower A but these nerfs were so badly damning that he dropped to like low C

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

He's really just a clown who places his bottles on the floor and teleports to gens every bit

Atleast pallet Freddy is semi entertaining to play

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I main Freddy, I don’t see many Freddy’s now 😭 I love going again them.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

So true. I hate going against him as much as I hate playing him because of this.

It needs to go. I hate everything that makes my screen darker when some maps are already too dark.