Nemesis and Marvin's Blood

Remember when Nemesis had good addons? Pepperridge Farm remembers.....

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,470

no

no i dont

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Cuz its just way boyond me how so many ppl keep saying Nemesis had only 1 good addon, at first I thought ppl are just trolling or something but I general think now that the majority of ppl mean it since I have read it so many times before. And yes maybe it came off abit more toxic then it should, I just wanted to respond with the same exaggeration as the op did.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

What was Marvin’s blood before? I don’t play Nemmie (or read his add-ons).

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Marvin's Blood allowed Nemesis to get to Tier 2 after hitting people with his Tentacle Strike twice, now, Nemesis needs 3 Tentacle Strikes, which, I'm pretty sure, is as much as base kit. The only thing the Add-on does now is getting to Tier 3, which isn't really that much better than Tier 2, faster

• some_guy1
    some_guy1 Member Posts: 694

it's not that bad after the nerf, it can get you to tier 3 very quickly which is really good and also you can kinda bypass the nerf if you tentacle strike a zombie, that will allow you to get to tier 2 the same way you could before the nerf

and there are still good addons like zombie speed addons and zombie detection addons

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I mean for a yellow add-on it alleviated his biggest weakness which is getting out of tier 1 asap.

He really does have a slew of other decent add-ons that nobody ever talks about or uses and I don't think people give enough credit to a good Nemmy who is tier 2-3. There isn't much you can do vs him when you're infected, he just eats up pallets and eventually snowballs if the survivors don't manage the trial appropriately. Maybe if it was a higher rarity add-on I'd understand but a yellow being a must run for optimal play is weird.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

They ruined him with that nerf. They knew what they were doing. Make him almost decent for a while, and then after the hype of the chapter release has died down, unleash the nerfs.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

I preferred the zombie speed, and was disappointed that getting the same speed bonus required more rare addons.

• danielmaster87

A lot of his add-ons are terrible, and don't compliment his mediocre basekit. C'mon. Are you one of those people who main a killer, 4k all the time because of bad survivors, and then say the killer, that you yourself main, needs nerfs?

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I main oni actually

And no the green t virus sample (100% more mutation from zombies) gives you more and faster your T3 then old marvins blood actually. Purple zombie movement speed and broken coin are both pretty amazing. Both Iris are pretty good now (the stars badge is random but still can give you value). Both arm bands for a higher fov for zombies are also pretty nice and can be very good paired with stuff like discordance or tinkerer.

I could go on, alot of his addons are pretty amazing and marvins blood wasnt even good, it was just a ez t2 at the first chase for baby nemesis players, its the same as dried cherry blussom for spirit, its just strong for ppl who arent good on that killer but actually you never and do not need them.

• danielmaster87
    edited March 2022

Why should I have to destroy my own zombies just to level up in a reasonable amount of time? That's not even growing in strength normally. It's trading one aspect of your power for another, so you're just breaking even on power until your zombies respawn, which you'll have to kill again to level up again. And what about ones like the one that hinders you a fraction of a second extra from getting whipped, when the amount of hindered to begin with is pitiful?

I detest this way of thinking, that add-ons can somehow carry baby killers. 99% of the time people say that, they're massively exaggerating. The only add-on I can think of which does that is Tombstone Piece, because you just stare at a survivor and walk up and mori them. Marvin's Blood, Cherry Blossom, Engineer's Fang, Pinky Finger. They were always healthy add-ons, because those killers' base strength was garbage, and those add-ons improved them. Players that are inexperienced with a killer cannot just pick up these add-ons and win all the time. Their MMR will raise, and then they'll suffer continual losses, not just because the game is survivor sided, but because they lack skill. These killers still take skill to win with, and that will not change regardless of the strength of the add-ons they use.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I actually kind of like Nemesis add ons compared to most killers I play, personally. I play add on less, but if I ever end the grind, he will be one of the killers I pour extra bloodpoints into because I would not mind using his.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

As Nemesis main this add-on was busted. And it did not nerf so much, it is still very good add-on. They buffed his Irri add-ons and they are so good now. So i am happy now with my big boy.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

Nemesis is far from ruined, lol.

The Nerf to Marvins Blood was fair, it is still a good Add On and I am still running it all the time (together with a Mutation Rate-Add On for Zombies).

• danielmaster87

So he can beat any team in his current state, and can't be beat by classic gen rush? If not, why did he get nerfed?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

You dont need to beat any team with any Killer. If you can beat any team, this means you can beat 4 man SWFs with perfect communication, all 4 very good players. Aka tournament teams.

But if Killers would be able to beat those on a constant basis, they get OP for everything else. This is why you dont balance around groups you will never see in random games anyway (seriously, you wont encounter tournament teams in Publics).

IMO Nemesis is as good as he was before, the Nerf did not do too much. He was and is still a solid Killer which can win against the majority of teams you encounter in regular gameplay.

• ZenithZX
    ZenithZX Member Posts: 43

You still run it hmm? Almost like the increased infection was extremely useful to make your power useful in chase by making you a pallet muncher sooner. I'd take BHVR's balancing team more seriously if they weren't constantly making ######### decisions for the game as a whole. The fact that Boil Over made it to live servers at all really makes you question ######### they are thinking. That's not to say some nerfs weren't warranted (Pinky Finger was obnoxious) but Nemesis's zombies are still quite literally braindead half the time so increasing their speed only does so much. I don't have all day to hit zombies to increase my infection and survivors which give you most of your power aren't going to stay in a group and let you hit 2 fresh survs. Nor does doing that progress the game in terms of hooks. If they really wanted to nerf Marvin's Blood so badly because everyone and their mother ran it, maybe just MAYBE they could bake in more infection basekit?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

I don't use add-on on Nemesis most of times, he is okey. Marvin's Blood is also fine, you can still level up your tier so fast. It was pointless nerf for sure but they did not ruin my boy.