What do you think about the adept killer requirements?

Options
SickyScotty
SickyScotty Member Posts: 14

You can get adept survivor even if you do nothing for most of the match. The only requirement is to escape while using the three perks of the survivor you are playing, which isn't that difficult. But you have to really work for that "Merciless Killer" to get your killer adept. You can end with a 4k but still not get the adept because you were a "Ruthless Killer". Do you think the requirement to get a merciless victory is fair or should adept killer be granted by some other way?

I personally think the requirements to get adept killers are much higher than the requirements to get adept survivors, which isn't very fair.

What do you think about the adept killer requirements? 52 votes

The current adept killer requirements are fine
23%
OnryosTapeRentalshemlockVolantConch1719F60_31anarchy753Aven_FallenMrsGhostfaceCleviteElcopolloVyne456Tricksters_WifeMoraFlex 12 votes
I think a 4k should grant the adept
61%
GibberishSeiko300WalterBlackTapeKnotmusstang62EnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGRobotfangirl67ValikWarcrafter4FilthyLegionMainChurchofPigJay_WhyaskPrincessBubblegumEvoctoxtr4menivomiHeaderN8dogPSP 32 votes
The adept should be granted by some other way (how? comment)
3%
Aurelle[Deleted User] 2 votes
I don't like the current requirements but I don't have better suggestions
11%
LaMupfelKaanaViktor1853hailxsatanxeveryxdayGarlicRicejesterkind 6 votes

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

It's less that I don't have better suggestions, and more that I know changing achievements is extremely difficult if they aren't literally impossible to get anymore, so I don't think the requirements are going to change any time soon.

It's a shame, since killer adepts are worlds harder than survivor adepts, but not much to be done.

• SickyScotty
    SickyScotty Member Posts: 14
    Options

That is true. And if they were changed now, it wouldn't be fair towards the people who had to work harder to get their killer adepts in the past. But if we think about how the killer adepts should have been granted from the start, what do you think?

• jesterkind
    Options

They should've been the same as the survivor adepts- just achieve your win condition, nothing fancy. Escape for survivor, 4K for killer.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I used to not like them, but tbh there's very few achievements in the game that take any degree of skill, and adept at least shows you managed a great performance.

They're definitely hard, especially killers with no stalling, but I'd prefer that over the participation ribbon that is survivor adept.

These days especially it's a much smaller issue because every month you get reset to ash where the requirements are significantly dropped.

For reference, they used to be any kind of 4k when that's what merciless equated to. When emblems were introduced, merciless changed and so did the requirements for the achievements. They aren't able to change the achievements on console because they are still possible. The only change they could easily make would be to change the score event "no one survived" to "merciless killer" and then rename the double pip title, that would make "merciless killer" a 4k instead and allow them to change the trigger for achievements as they would no longer be accurate on console otherwise.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

It's a challenge to get that skill. So I have to say that it's actually a good idea to make it that way so because would know that's people can achieve their skill.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Killers should get Adept when er they get a 4k with their Teachables, or when they get a 3k and a Survivor gets out through Hatch. No one likes getting their Adept stolen by an RNG, pity escape for losing the game, mechanic

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options

I dont understand when people say oh dont make it easier because those who had to work hard would be upset but for me I would be like heck yea man make it easier for them I wouldnt be upset but happy for them

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    The adept should be granted by some other way (how? comment)

One pip should get you an adept since that usually means that you've done something in each category.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

It's kinda called "Adept" for a reason - you should get the best result with what you've got.

Making it "just 4k" would be an equivalent of giving player an infinite rocket laucher on highest difficulty in shooter game.

If anything I'd say survivor Adept should also require double pip, because requirement "just escape" isn't even healthy.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,613
    Options

A 4k should be enough. It's ridiculous that you have to double pip while a survivor just has to escape.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Either they should make Adept SUPER hard for everyone - and have survivors get 4 iridescent in order to get it. That way, everyone suffers and has no fun.

Or - make adepts as easy as a 4k. Fun.

Why this change has not gone through still confuses me, as the medal system can be finicky, but kill numbers are solid and can be qualified. There have been many nights where my killer matches are ground into a frustrating fury because I'm trying to get an adept with bad perks - and getting 4 iridescent medals with garbo perks and an empty slot is next to impossible, especially on higher ranks.

Get 4 kills with 1 less perk and the standard garbage selection? That's achievement enough. All survivors need to get their adept is walk out of the exit gates, which means if matchmaking works - it's 50/50 for them. Even if killers got the 4k change, if matchmaking worked - that would occur less than 25% of the time. Trying to get a merciless on those standards us brutal as all hell, and it needs to be made easier.

And if there's some BS reason they don't want adepts to be 'easy' - they gotta make Survivor adepts hard as well.

• jesterkind
    Options

I can shed some light on why it hasn't gone through- getting achievement conditions changed without the achievement in question being literally impossible is, apparently, really hard in a manner that requires going through third party channels, so it makes sense they try not to do it if they can possibly avoid it.

It's why that one achievement for repairing the last generator and escaping as the final survivor is still the way it is despite being dramatically harder now than when it was introduced- you can still do it, literally speaking, so getting it changed would be a gigantic hassle.

That's my understanding, anyway, I may be wrong about that but I remember hearing it a little while ago.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    Options

I almost voted for "the current requirements are fine", but there's such a huge disparity between survivor and killer requirements that it's hard to call them "fine".

I don't have a single adept killer achievement, but I've also never attempted to get one. That said, SBMM has made things, in theory, a hell of a lot easier since your rank is reset to zero on the thirteenth, and that means that getting a Merciless can be actually be pretty easy if you play for it early enough in the season.

Maybe I'll try getting an adept achievement with a killer I'm good at and post back.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903
    Options

Make the killers get adept through a 4k. Or make the survivors have to get double pips to get their adepts also. At least be coherent.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545
    Options

Was about to choose that a 4k should grant it — but thinking that adept achievements are sort of like an award for playing someone really well, I think it's fine. While 4king really fast is pretty impressive but will most likely grant you a ruthless, I think having complete control over the speed of the match is even more impressive. Being able to purposely drag it out and get more points without losing the game and having the control to end it as soon as you'd like.

However I think that survivor adept should definitely be harder in this case. Should be similar in difficulty to killer adept and not just based off escaping.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options

It's not that they're impossible, with enough persistence you can get them done (I've completed every single adept for all killers and survivors) and since you can choose whatever add-ons you want plus which map you want to go to that certainly helps.

But some perks don't have synergy (or even worse have anti-synergy) with the killer they come with, or just flat-out aren't good on their own as individual perks- they're made to be the foil for other perks and act in tandem. IE Monitor & Abuse has anti-synergy with doctor, Furtive Chase doesn't synergize with Ghostface, and so on and so forth. For Freddy's adept you're basically running 0 perks because none of them are active at the very beginning, two of them work at the very, very, end and only one of them is actually "used" throughout the match but the action speed bonus becomes less useful the later the match because there are less resources to use the action speed bonus on. So it's just not a fun adept to do, you've really got to know what you can do as Freddy in order to double pip with zero perks.

That's not something we can control though, teachables will be teachables, and can't really fault or change that.

My real issue comes from the discrepancy between Survivor and Killer adepts, simply put: survivor adepts are just way easier to do. I don't think I'm breaking any new ground with this comment, but it really just doesn't make sense to me to have a more difficult achievement on the more difficult role. It's like they're really trying to tell players that survivor is supposed to be easier or something, which is slightly different from whether it is or isn't- that conveys intentionality. I know that's probably not the case where they say that outright but just off the achievements alone it's so heavily implied you can't exactly ignore it.

It is the worst feeling when you're doing an adept like Freddy's and you're one tick off from getting a double pip and you need to go through all that mess again. As far as achievements go the adepts for killers can be particularly unforgiving in this regard, you either got it or you didn't and there's no leeway between, whereas there seems to be plenty of leeway for the survivor adepts.

The adept achievements also suffer from blurry and ill-defined win conditions as well, almost 6 years later and we still talk about "what counts as a win?" today. In this regard the adept achievements indicate a double standard, the "win-condition" for a survivor is simply to escape, while the win condition for killers is to get a double pip.

To put it into words: it is the double standard which is frustrating. If adepts are not meant to be easy to achieve across the board, that's fine, but you need to actually follow through with that ideology. That means either making the survivor adept more difficult, or if that idea isn't the case at all, then it's time to make the killer adept more in-line with how difficult the survivor adept is.

• Valik
    Options

That actually does make sense and clears up a lot, thanks!

Hopefully, maybe they could make the conditions change for the 'merciless' title to match kills instead of pips to circumvent this and make it much more sensible.

• Valik
    Options

An indirect way they could make adepts easier is if they reworked or buffed all of these garbage perks.

Imagine if Remember Me, and Fire Up were actually top-notch perks that were worth bringing even without the Adept challenge. It would make it all so much easier.

David King is by far the hardest survivor to get an adept on with No Mither - not saying much, but it's just the most blatant example of a core perk being worse than a burden to play with, and having extreme anti-synergy with other perks.