Make killers choose ir they want to play against survivor friends

Options
2»

Comments

• bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2018
    Options

Thats one of the stupidest things I've ever read. SWF is just more than one person playing together. And it also requires some skill to be strong.

The mere act of teleporting past pallets and obstacles as Nurse brokes the game.

For example: if I'm using Borrowed Time, and Nurse sees me from across the map. I unhook a teammate and try to run, but then Nurse can just ignore my Borrowed Time and teleport straight to the injured guy. He broke my game because Nurse is overpowered and we can't do anything in the game to run. Is that fair?

Sure mate, try to distort as much as you need to make yourself believe that its the same. It wont change the fact that it isnt.

Your mental gymnastics wont fool nobody but yourself.

Your issue seems to be with nurse, so find or create a thread about it. This one is about SWF.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options
    bloxe said:
    Its not fair to play with your 3 boyfriends while the killer plays solo. 

Not to mention the people from rank 2 and 3 that plays with friends with ranks way lower just because they cant handle the killer of their own ranks.

Is frustrating to play with survivor friends both as a killer and as survivor.

Unless the other side agrees, real gamers play solo.
    If killer could choose, they'd never go against SWF. 
  • bloxe
    edited December 2018
    Options
    tt_ivi_99 said:
    bloxe said:

Not to mention the people from rank 2 and 3 that plays with friends with ranks way lower just because they cant handle the killer of their own ranks.

It needs some think to make it ok, for example: he could get a % bonus at bloodpoints. Risk vs reward.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@bloxe said:
    tt_ivi_99 said:

bloxe said:

It needs some think to make it ok, for example: he could get a % bonus at bloodpoints. Risk vs reward.

This is something a lot of people would like to see on both sides a bonus x % multiplier where x is the number of SWF players in your lobby. You'd not know until post game what the size/bonus was so that that way you still don't simply dodge.

You could also have an opt in option to face a higher % of swf groups which would give you bonus blood points for queueing up to a harder group.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Will survive with friend can be infuriating at time NOOOOOooooooooo

They should buff solo player to bring them to have the same tool as swf and then balance the game from there

Mainly the dev should had in game voice chat for survivor so they don't have to do silly thing like making perk baseline

See I would like for solo players to have equal power to SWF.... but how though? You see unless they separate solo from SWF I don't see this happening because when they buff solo they SWF...
  • powerbats
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    Dragonredking said:

They should buff solo player to bring them to have the same tool as swf and then balance the game from there

Mainly the dev should had in game voice chat for survivor so they don't have to do silly thing like making perk baseline

See I would like for solo players to have equal power to SWF.... but how though? You see unless they separate solo from SWF I don't see this happening because when they buff solo they SWF...

What they've said they want to do is buff solo to swf level information wise basically a base Bond kit for solo players. That would bring them up to the information level other than totems which a totem counter could be given to them.

Once they're at the same level information wise they can then buff all killers to face that level.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    Dragonredking said:

Literaly the only thing that separate solo and swf from being equal is that swf rhyme with voice chat.

Making perk baseline to try to close the gap is ridiculous and a huge waste of time since simply adding voice com between the survivor will give the same potential to solo and swf

Like Marie-Antoinette once said "Let them have voice com"

• powerbats
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Dragonredking said:

Literaly the only thing that separate solo and swf from being equal is that swf rhyme with voice chat.

Making perk baseline to try to close the gap is ridiculous and a huge waste of time since simply adding voice com between the survivor will give the same potential to solo and swf

People won't use solo voice chat because they don't want to have to listen to some 12 year old raging at them.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Dragonredking said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    Dragonredking said:

People won't use solo voice chat because they don't want to have to listen to some 12 year old raging at them.

A true horror we're spared from, indeed.

• bloxe
    Options
    Up. We need SWF to be gone.
  • bloxe
    Options
    Peanits said:
    bloxe said:
    So you're saying it is fair if I play with my three girlfriends though, right?

For real though, most SWF groups are not amazing players. They're just average people playing with their friends, and they're incredibly predictable. I don't see the reason to destroy the matchmaking for everyone just so you can avoid the few good groups out there.
    It doesnt matter if youre good or bad in this game if you have communication.
  • powerbats
    Options

@bloxe said:

Yes let's destroy the game by removing most of the player base that sounds like a great business decision.

@bloxe said:

What reality are you using then since in the current known and accepted one people manage to beat said groups using communication.

Also if it's 4 solo survivors and you still lose what does that say about your argument then?

• TheAngryPickle
    TheAngryPickle Member Posts: 73
    Options

@powerbats said:

@bloxe said:

Yes let's destroy the game by removing most of the player base that sounds like a great business decision.

@bloxe said:

What reality are you using then since in the current known and accepted one people manage to beat said groups using communication.

Also if it's 4 solo survivors and you still lose what does that say about your argument then?

I no longer care what they do with SWF. I'll just keep playing Toxic slugging omegablink Nurse, and once they nerf that, I'll find something else to play. Resident Evil 2 remake comin out soon, WoW classic in a few months, cant wait!

• powerbats
    Options

@TheAngryPickle said:

I no longer care what they do with SWF. I'll just keep playing Toxic slugging omegablink Nurse, and once they nerf that, I'll find something else to play. Resident Evil 2 remake comin out soon, WoW classic in a few months, cant wait!

Well then when people play what they want that's their choice as well and just as others take breaks and play other games so can you. But for everyone who leaves more join because they are want to learn and adapt and try and get better.

• powerbats
    edited January 2019
    Options

@bloxe said:

Yeah ok mate, I just want an option to play against solos only. Doesnt mean removing SWF completely.

I play mostly solo just an fyi and if you want solo only you're either going to have insane lobby wait times or you're going to have to remove most of the player base.

Now if you want hour long lobby times be my guest but swf isn't going anywhere and really they're not that difficult to deal with since most are over altruistic.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • bloxe
    Options
    powerbats said:

@bloxe said:

Yeah ok mate, I just want an option to play against solos only. Doesnt mean removing SWF completely. Stop being a little SWF #########.

I play mostly solo just an fyi and if you want solo only you're either going to have insane lobby wait times or you're going to have to remove most of the player base.

Now if you want hour long lobby times be my guest but swf isn't going anywhere and really they're not that difficult to deal with since most are over altruistic.

I dont give a ######### for how long I wait mate. I just want a fair game.
  • Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109
    Options

git gud

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

@bloxe said:

I dont give a [BAD WORD] for how long I wait mate. I just want a fair game.

You must never play SWF, or you didn't play killer during the Hallowed Blight event. Or maybe you just forgot or stopped playing during this month, like many killer mains did. Killer during Hallowed Blight was just as bad as SWF is today, 15-20 minute queue times.

But the difference is that as killer you are guaranteed to get a game eventually. As SWF you will meet killers who piss their pants as soon as four people join simultaneously and dodge the lobby. That's 15 min wasted as survivor, if this happens three or four times during an evening that's an hour. I can't be wasting one hour of my already limited playtime to get into a game.

I and many I know have simply quit DbD, waiting for a patch to fix this issue. I check the forums everyday with hopes of some fix being announced. If this continues only the sweatiest players will be left because they are the only ones willing to put up with the wait times.

The fact of the matter is that many SWF groups such as ours who are mainly friends playing together for fun, will be the first ones to leave this game. We are not toxic, nobody runs DS, nobody runs SC, no OOO, only one of us has all perks on a survivor so far and with the pace that the rest are playing, it will probably take 6 months for them to get to that point. <- This is the situation for most of the DbD playerbase.

Imagine how it would be if all of the non toxic SWF groups quit because they don't want to wait to play a game they play for fun. Only the SWF players that take the game super serious will be left, and killer games against these SWF groups will not be fun and they will be a majority because casuals don't wait for 1 hour to get into a game.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Well since this thread is pretty much done for multiple reasons i'm just going to let you know that this is my 2000th post. 

Thanks for reading.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Well since this thread is pretty much done for multiple reasons i'm just going to let you know that this is my 2000th post. 

Thanks for reading.

Ayy, congrates. Though I seem to be a little late saying so. Moving on.

• ChesterTheMolester
    Options
    Shad03 said:

Thanks for reading.

You know what i realized? I can't brag with having more upvotes than posts anymore cause the upvotes say 2k. 

######### me.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Shad03 said:

Thanks for reading.

You know what i realized? I can't brag with having more upvotes than posts anymore cause the upvotes say 2k. 

[BAD WORD] me.

When?~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• ChesterTheMolester
    Options
    Shad03 said:

Shad03 said:

Thanks for reading.

[BAD WORD] me.

When?~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SoonTM  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    Options

@SkeletalElite said:
    literally no killer would choose to play against SWF

So what outcome do you foresee if they try and force it on killers through dedicated servers?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Not all SWF are bad, toxic or really good. They may be playing with their three "boyfriends," but the point of the killer side is that you don't have to deal with a team. Even while playing with friends, you may be sandbagged or have the killer dropped off with you at a dead zone. There's often bad plays while playing with friends as you're sometimes distracted and chitchatting. I will say playing against or with toxic SWF is really annoying, though.

People playing with lower rank friends to face "easier" killers is an issue for me. I don't think it should a median, but the highest number present being what decides the rank.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@powerbats said:

@bloxe said:
    ShrimpTwiggs said:

This would increase lobby times for both sides.

I'd wait half an hour gladly if I knew I would be going only against solo survivors.

You'd be waiting for a lot longer than that, more likely hours as in several hours in a row since the player base of solo players isn't that big. There's already been killers over the last few months complaining about lobby wait times.

it's actually been the reverse for me now
    killer lobbies are basically instant but survivor lobbies take ages

• powerbats
    Options

@yeet said:

it's actually been the reverse for me now
    killer lobbies are basically instant but survivor lobbies take ages

For me it all depends on time of day and rank really since i've been getting matched with people from Korea and China lately. Before that it was a lot of Aussies and New Zealanders and I still get matched up with them occasionally.

The west coast basically entails west coast and all the way to China and occasionally Vietnam but not much from the Eastern US.

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95
    Options

and no killer will want to play SEF except for the nurse

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

9 out of 10 games I play would be opted out of SWF, which I would love.

Out of all my killers, I have like 3 or 4 builds for different killers that give me a bit more of a chance against SWF, however it's reliant on perks and add-ons, which I don't agree with.

Frankly, i'd rather just starve the SWF by forcing them to play solo haha.

• powerbats
    Options

@The_Trapper said:

Out of all my killers, I have like 3 or 4 builds for different killers that give me a bit more of a chance against SWF, however it's reliant on perks and add-ons, which I don't agree with.

Then you'd get no lobbies, the game would die problem solved since if people can't play with their friends which most are just screwing around you have no game. If you had lobbies you'd get stuck with the solo players that know how to play.

But then you'd be wishing you hadn't screwed yourself over because now you'd be facing swat teams of solo survivors because they'd be the only ones left.

Oh and because you were facing solo only all the buffs killers have been getting to help them get closer to swf kiss those goodbye.

• The_Trapper
    Options

@powerbats said:

@The_Trapper said:

Then you'd get no lobbies, the game would die problem solved since if people can't play with their friends which most are just screwing around you have no game. If you had lobbies you'd get stuck with the solo players that know how to play.

But then you'd be wishing you hadn't screwed yourself over because now you'd be facing swat teams of solo survivors because they'd be the only ones left.

Oh and because you were facing solo only all the buffs killers have been getting to help them get closer to swf kiss those goodbye.

Hot damn you can read the future? Spoken as if you were CEO of BEhaviour.

Sounds like you believe this would happen because it would prove me, and anyone who agrees with me wrong, which would give you satisfaction.

I have no problem with high skill solo players, because they are the ones who, for the most part, have earned their talent for the game without the cheese.

• powerbats
    Options

@The_Trapper said:

No I just use common senses and logic.

Sounds like you believe this would happen because it would prove me, and anyone who agrees with me wrong, which would give you satisfaction.

Again no because if the game dies how can I play it? Now see how your logic doesn't make sense since being proven right by destroying the game isn't going to give me any satisfaction.

I have no problem with high skill solo players, because they are the ones who, for the most part, have earned their talent for the game without the cheese.

Yet quite a few killers still have said they'd dodge because they don't want a challenge, they don't like items, or outfits etc.

I'll reiterate what I've said before that I'm all for a solo only lobby but for all your solo only complainers you get stuck there FOREVER. Once you choose that option there's no going back and you're forever stuck playing solo only lobbies.

If you don't like the wait times due to lack of players oh well you got what you wanted and now you're stuck with it. As a further requirement they should add lobby dodging penalties so if the ping is fine from the dedicated server and you lobby dodge you get a timer penalty.

Then we'd see how much people really want to play solo and how much is just more of the excuse making and if I ever hit the lotto big I'd pay for it to happen. That way both sides would get what they want and then there'd be no more lobby dodging excuses and it'd be easier to balance things out.

• The_Trapper
    Options

@powerbats said:

@The_Trapper said:

No I just use common senses and logic.

Again no because if the game dies how can I play it? Now see how your logic doesn't make sense since being proven right by destroying the game isn't going to give me any satisfaction.

Yet quite a few killers still have said they'd dodge because they don't want a challenge, they don't like items, or outfits etc.

I'll reiterate what I've said before that I'm all for a solo only lobby but for all your solo only complainers you get stuck there FOREVER. Once you choose that option there's no going back and you're forever stuck playing solo only lobbies.

If you don't like the wait times due to lack of players oh well you got what you wanted and now you're stuck with it. As a further requirement they should add lobby dodging penalties so if the ping is fine from the dedicated server and you lobby dodge you get a timer penalty.

Then we'd see how much people really want to play solo and how much is just more of the excuse making and if I ever hit the lotto big I'd pay for it to happen. That way both sides would get what they want and then there'd be no more lobby dodging excuses and it'd be easier to balance things out.

If you think a game would go from playable to unplayable for this particular reason, that's not common sense and logic, the people who frequently play solo would merge with people who accept that they will still play the game solo.

No need to answer about the satisfaction since the game won't get "destroyed", moving on.

That's great that you're up for solo lobbies, personally it depends on the killer I play for whether or not I want to deal with obvious SWF.

Me personally, I alt-tab to Netflix or YouTube and the forums while I wait, waiting times never phase me with this particular game but I only speak for myself.

No, there shouldn't be a penalty for lobby dodging. I personally do it maybe 2 times in every 50 games, but if 4 P3 survivors with items and bloodied clothing jump in, I don't blame them for avoiding the salt-torture, it's not fun, especially if they want to have a competitive game without the potential toxicity (of our city).