The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

why are there so many nemesis’s

literally half of my survivor games are against nemesis. this killer is so boring to play against, as long as the nemesis is decent then you just can’t loop him on most tiles. i mean i’m not complaining but the fact that so many killers love using this boring ass killer just never makes me want to play survivor.

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Meh I enjoy going against him, he is harder to counterplay at loops than the majority of killer but he certainly does have counterplay, although less than most killers. I wish i would go against him more often.

No idea why you are going against him so often. I dont see him too often and didn‘t think he was so popular. Has this been only today like that or longer?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I was actually playing him recently to collect more iridescents for after the mid patch. Looking forward to his buffs. I think I’ll be okay if some uncommon addons get nerfed.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I did kinda replace Legion with Nemmy- I found him fun as a BP grinder. Slap on Lethal and BBQ with Marvin's Blood and go to town.

Needless to say, I'm playing even more Nemmy atm so I can use all my Marvin's Bloods.

After the nerf I'll be playing more Nurse.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

I'm currently on break after burning myself out playing only nemesis. This was burn all the cakes he had saved for the artist.

Got about ten more left to go. I guess I should use them for the bloodhunt.

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

Read the patch note and you will know why nemesis is played right now

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

There are bad days when Killers are repeating themselves. I saw him a lot before but now much less.

• BenihimeWrath
    BenihimeWrath Member Posts: 968

They are probably dumping all of their marvin's bloods before they become worthless

Even though I've never found nemesis' base mutation rate to be a problem and always used zombie speed addons for ruin value.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

I'm pretty sure you're not using the term boring correctly, a Killer that you have to use different tactics to escape is the opposite of boring.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Nemesis has other decent addons. It's just that most of his addons affect vaccines or zombies, neither of which you have any control over so they feel inconsistent.

I personally want to pull my hair out trying to get anything done on large maps; his power is a time investment, something you sorely lack in a place like Mothers Dwelling or Ormond. His tentacle is high risk and I feel the reward doesnt quite match that risk without Marvin's.

From my own anecdotal evidence, if I am forced to m1 survivors instead of infecting them, the match is likely lost. We really need to start eating pallets asap and keep up the chase pressure. Otherwise I think youd be better off playing other m1 killers like plague or freddy.

Since survivors have 4 total health states plus sprint burst, we cant afford to let them get pallet value

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 921

Nemesis is easy and comfortable to play, and not weak, you can go for long killer sessions more or less on cruise control playing him. Still has room for skill expression, but yeah, there's just less stuff to think about and his mechanics don't make for very complicated interactions. That does come at the cost of a lower ceiling than various other killers, both in terms of the performance potential and the potential to have really exciting gameplay... But it's still pretty fun, especially if you know about the tricks he has.

But yeah, that's the reason I suspect he sees more regular play. I enjoy playing Nemesis, but I would definitely still prefer if he had some more engaging mechanics.

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

I'd say it's a combination of resident evil being mega popular and nemi being braindead easy to play. I use nemi when I'm stoned and want easy wins.

• He isn't the strongest but he is a lot of fun, chances are if you are facing a nemi he is looking for a fun game not a win at all costs, or maybe that's just me XD

• PlayTwink
    PlayTwink Member Posts: 454

"Nemesis unfun to play against"

Wanna take my mmr and play against nurses and spirits all the time?

• BenihimeWrath

This is why I like to take STBFL on nemesis so it makes M1s feel not as punishing to use over his tentacle. It also helps make him hyper efficient one reaching tier 2. You save so much time breaking pallets/recovering from hits that it becomes difficult to prevent your snowball. I'm not sure how much risk there is in using it though, I think the only zoning killer with a less punishing anti-loop to ready is demogorgon with shred.

Honestly if you get used to the drag technique it makes hitting his tentacle a lot easier.

Lowkey, I'd play against new spirit over nemesis any day

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited January 2022

No idea why so many play Nemmy. I wouldn't be caught dead playing him.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

As others have said, I'm currently binging Nemmy to get my fill before the nerfs. Honestly I'm having a surprising amount of fun with him. Although it can be frustrating because he's by no means a strong Killer. His lack of mobility really hurts his potential.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Probably due to situations like this:

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

If you look at the steam DbD Stats (playerbase), then the biggest peak in the history of DbD (105K+ players at the same time) was I think when RE chapter released.

I think he is just super popular because he comes from famous IP + he is fun to play + zombies are cool I think.

• PlayTwink
    PlayTwink Member Posts: 454

No, seriously you don't wanna. People in my region are usually a very good killers. Espiecially when you live next to russia.

• BenihimeWrath

I love playing against new spirit, it feels so rewarding to out mindgame her. Nemesis doesn't feel nearly as rewarding with gameplay similar to dodging Huntress bus hatchets.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

Cause he's not trapper and a licensed character... And because of that...

That whip...

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

The killer is easy to win as: it has free slowdown perk out of the box, it has broken hitbox making ranged hits trivial, and it's an anti-loop killer. Nothing surprising in the fact that people like to win easily.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

Nemesis is only worth playing if you like whipping people through safe pallets and don't care that you're gonna lose the game

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Speak for yourself I'm on a roll with Nemesis right now

• Lawlichan
    Lawlichan Member Posts: 114

out of all the killers in this game... why complain about nemesis??? his zombies can be mildly annoying sure, but that's kinda it

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

What's thy build? I love trying out new nemmy stuff 🤔

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

His 3 perks + BBQ

I'm not even joking, that's what it is. I'm on an 8 match merciless streak with just that. No add-ons, just that.

• herbaljellyfish
    herbaljellyfish Member Posts: 115

what counterplay? You mean dodge a whip, gain 3 meters and eat an m1 anyway? His ability to break pallets is just too much and his recovery time after missing a whip is practically non-existent. I'd rather do away with the contamination mechanic and just have him injure on first whip with the length of tier 3 but not be able to break pallets. Other killers that can break pallets quickly like billy, leatherface and demo cannot recover nearly as quickly as nemesis when he does so. Either extend his recovery time for breaking pallets or remove the mechanic altogether. I've you play solo q, Nemi will get t3 in 2 minutes flat and there is literally no counterplay in a chase at that point. At least with like Demi, he has a long recovery time after using shred that you can extend a mid to long loop for another loop if you dodge, you can't do this with nemesis unless it's at an unsafe pallet. Admittedly, Nemi is super weak early game, but once he gets perma tier 3, he's unequivocally unstoppable. Sure you can dodge a few whips but best case scenario you extend a chase by a few seconds. Nemesis and Artist are the only killers I have a problem with because you don't need to be a good player while using them to be insanely oppressive. I'd rather go against Blight/Nurse/Spirit 50 games in a row than ever see a busted ass nemesis/artist. I mean, compare Nemi to Myers who has limited t3 and can't break pallets to Nemi who has infinite t3, can break pallets, zombies and near non-existent slowdown when missing a whip attack while having normal base speed. Same problem with artist, base speed is just too fast. People say "w away" but that only adds 2-5 seconds to the chase if the killer is competent and knows how to zone.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

a huge surge of players came to DBD because of the RE chapter

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

He’s actually good. That’s why I play him at least.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

You answered your own question.

Killer Mains are sick and tired of being looped to death. Nemesis lets them punish window and pallet animations. The same thing you think is "boring" is how they have fun playing the game.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

No I completely disagree.

When I play against him, dodging his whips definitely allows me to get some distance. It's not always enough to get to a pallet or window, but often enough.

Same when he breaks pallets with his whip. Yes, it's definitely a strong feature of his, but you can still gain a fair amount of distance. His recovery time of his whip is 2,5 seconds, which is just 0,1 second shorter than the normal pallet break animation.

I also definitely don't see him as unstoppable at tier 3. He gains 1 extra meter range and slightly higher movement speed while holding his whip.

And I also don't agree that he or Artist are easy to do well with. Especially Artist. Of course, Nemesis skill cap and skill floor aren't particularly high, but also not low. Being consistently good with his whip, especially against survivors that know how to go against him, is not that easy.

I'm also quite positive that the general consensus is that he is not op. So I wouldn't expect any changes, or at least nerfs, to him. I definitely don't think they need to increase the recovery time of his tentacle when breaking pallets.

He is definitely a very strong chaser, but he needs that, because of his rather lackluster and rng dependent map pressure. But I do not think that he is op in chase.

• Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

Neme is a B rank killer that is very fun to play.

learning to drag the whip

the level up mechanic

the stupid, unless, zombies that every now and again do something amazing.

And he feels and sounds monstrous!

Now if his Tier 3 mechanic let us instantly down survivors; He would be perfect

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Interesting. I used to see him a lot, but now I almost never see him (it's generally Blight, Huntress, Nurse, Bubba, Ghostface (no idea why) and occasionally a Myers, Wraith or Artist).

I play a good amount of Nemmy. He's fun and aside from janky zombie AI, quite a decent killer.

Go watch Otz's Nemesis streak video if you want to see how to outplay Nemmy. I tend to do pretty well against him.

• Basically, it's all about range. Rather than trying to outrun him, juke his tentacle and run past him.
    • Lateral motion throws him off.
    • Make sure you know where he is and how close he is before vaulting or dropping a pallet (against good survivors, these are the only time I'm landing a tentacle).
    • Beware zombies! They are useless sometimes, but other times a savvy Nemmy will use them to triangulate in on you. Don't be scared to use a pallet on them (Nemmy eats through pallets as is).
    • Abuse his weak early game. If he gets P3 at 5 gens, you're going to struggle.
  • Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601

He's a great turn your brain off killer

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

He's fun :]