The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Can Survivor mains say this is perfectly fine?

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Isn't Tru3 doing killer and survivor with no perks and add ons at the moment?

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited January 2019
    We already got a thread like this, can you @Peanits close this one please?
  • ZeroGaiden
    ZeroGaiden Member Posts: 11

In that case, Look up Marth88's (I think its just Marth now) The dereanking squad had 0 perks and 0 items and went against Killers with the best perks rank 3 with some of the best in slot add-ons and still destroyed the killers. That alone shows the game control 100% being in survivor hands unless said survivor makes mistakes.

• ZeroGaiden
    ZeroGaiden Member Posts: 11

FYI I don't blame survivors at all. Its not your fault, its the game / devs fault. It's not logically to play in a way the game itself allows you to do. Though there should be no defending this no matter what.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Zero Perks.

Zero Add ons.

Doesn't play to the Doctors Strengths, proves nothing.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Vietfox said:

and this is why i dodge 2 or more toolboxes ^^

just thought you might be interested.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    We already got a thread like this, can you Peanits close this one please?

Gotta admit it made me laugh 😂
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

If you typed in the search you would've find the video.
    @Vietfox Someone else closed similiar post like this don't remember who. But for sure it wasn't Peanits

• Vietfox
    @Milo said:

If you typed in the search you would've find the video.
    @Vietfox Someone else closed similiar post like this don't remember who. But for sure it wasn't Peanits

Yeah, the post you are talking about was on Balance Feedback subforum and was closed by MandyTalk.
    (Damn i spend too much time on the forums...)
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Idk can killer say bodyblocking a basement with 4 survivors in it is perfectly fine?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    Poweas said:

Idk can killer say bodyblocking a basement with 4 survivors in it is perfectly fine?

False equivalence. One is doing the objective, one is just griefing. Thats like saying speedhacking survivors are fine cause Killers can camp.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

??... Are you a fan of Tru?...

Cause if you are you are a poor one. I personally would hate some fan schmuck coming on here and posting my vids trying to debate a discussion that the vid has nothing to do with.

@ZeroGaiden said:
    In that case, Look up Marth88's (I think its just Marth now) The dereanking squad had 0 perks and 0 items and went against Killers with the best perks rank 3 with some of the best in slot add-ons and still destroyed the killers. That alone shows the game control 100% being in survivor hands unless said survivor makes mistakes.

Geez... You do know that experiment was dismissed by the Devs right?... Over a year ago... Still people hashing up useless info. If the Devs aren't going to take serious that experiment then there is no need for anyone else, cause it is meaningless without the Devs support behind it.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@fcc2014 said:
    this is coordinated group he played. Not every swf is like this. These "swat squads" are few and far in-between. You can't balance this game based on a small percentage of the player base.

The best would be if the devs were able to find a way to nerf gen rush somehow so these extremely organized 4 man swf teams get hit by it a bit but the other normal survivor teams don't really get impacted by the nerf in any way, especially considering that the escape rate for survivors is under 50%, especially at lower ranks. But I don't really see how that's possible. So this is true.
    Closing the balance gap between solo and swf survivors is the best they can do I feel.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

To be fair, He's also been playing nurse with no add ons or perks and most his games have been 4 - 6 minutes even with ending chases within seconds.
    This is obviously an extreme because of no perks but you can't deny there's a problem with gen times / survivors overall objectives.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

Really!? Again!? Of course he’ll have trouble. It’s no equipment against FULL equipment!

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@Peanits @MandyTalk
    Please close this :)
    We all know tru3 is doing the road to rank 1 without perks.

• Arroz

@Mister_xD said:

@Vietfox said:

You make laugh hard..
    J U S T S A C R I F I C E T H E S L O T

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Hmmm, being at rank 1 without using anything you earned...
    Tbh, this is exactly how it should be like if you were to do that.
    Rank 1 should be hard, and very hard if you do that.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Mister_xD said:

@Vietfox said:

I bet you’ll love dedicated servers.

• Arroz

Can killer main say this is perfectly fine?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3p8e1w9tRE
    3 hits At a faster speed than the survivors?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Yes they can, because they are survivor mains.... :smile:

• Master

@Arroz said:

Game starts with a ragequitting survivor (classic btw), the killer (poor legion) still needs 13 minutes and only gets 2 kills?

• Master

@Arroz said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

The thread is not violating any rules afaik

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

The last thread with the same video was closed.

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Game starts with a ragequitting survivor (classic btw), the killer (poor legion) still needs 13 minutes and only gets 2 kills?

That's the only video i found.. All what im trying to say is Frank's Mixtape + With the other very rare addon (Dont know the name) Its unbalanced.. 3 hits + More speed than survivors?..

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

I know big boy just was kidding, what im trying to say is of it's a stupid discussion and make toxicity in both sides.

• Arroz

@Milo said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

The last thread with the same video was closed.

I checked it out and yeah it got closed, Dont have idea why

• Master
    edited January 2019

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

That's the only video i found.. All what im trying to say is Frank's Mixtape + With the other very rare addon (Dont know the name) Its unbalanced.. 3 hits + More speed than survivors?..

Do I need to repeat?
    In a 3vs1, the killer took 13 minutes to ONLY get 2 kills. That seems indeed rather unbalanced. And yes, killers are faster than survivors such that they can catch them?

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Do I need to repeat?
    In a 3vs1, the killer took 13 minutes to ONLY get 2 kills. That seems indeed rather unbalanced

Umm, maybe because the killer sucks? He dont have experience? He's using a ps4 controller? (If you didn't know for new players who play as killer use the ps4 controller is more hard than mouse) Just stop fostering toxicity in the forum, I've already seen the answers you give in the discussions and you're the typical killer main that wants the survivors to run in a straight line and believes absolutely anything about the survivors is op. Better enjoy the game like it is and stop complaining in the forum or just unistall if you think the game is unbalanced or you just can't catch any survivor.

• Master

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Do I need to repeat?
    In a 3vs1, the killer took 13 minutes to ONLY get 2 kills. That seems indeed rather unbalanced

Umm, maybe because the killer sucks? He dont have experience? He's using a ps4 controller? (If you didn't know for new players who play as killer use the ps4 controller is more hard than mouse) Just stop fostering toxicity in the forum, I've already seen the answers you give in the discussions and you're the typical killer main that wants the survivors to run in a straight line and believes absolutely anything about the survivors is op. Better enjoy the game like it is and stop complaining in the forum or just unistall if you think the game is unbalanced or you just can't catch any survivor.

I would like to quote you:

" All what im trying to say is Frank's Mixtape + With the other very rare addon (Dont know the name) Its unbalanced.. 3 hits + More speed than survivors?.."

Now think again.

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Do I need to repeat?

" All what im trying to say is Frank's Mixtape + With the other very rare addon (Dont know the name) Its unbalanced.. 3 hits + More speed than survivors?.."

Now think again.

Uhm? If you just get pissed every match just unistall and play something else.

• Arroz

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

Do I need to repeat?

Now think again.

Just only check this video..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDzFP9Qnsvg&t=150s

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@ZeroGaiden said:

1 hook, 4 gens

Do I need to repeat?

Now think again.

Lol survivors nerf? The games in a decent state, and survivors are if anything, more assisted than killers. If ONLY due to the fact that theres no hard counter for a full SWF swat team. Even with randoms though.... unless survivors are potatoes or the killer is a legend, chances are you'll escape.
  • Master

@Carpemortum said:
    Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@ZeroGaiden said:

1 hook, 4 gens

Do I need to repeat?

Now think again.

Lol survivors nerf? The games in a decent state, and survivors are if anything, more assisted than killers. If ONLY due to the fact that theres no hard counter for a full SWF swat team. Even with randoms though.... unless survivors are potatoes or the killer is a legend, chances are you'll escape.

Thats not true, a nurse can compete with these SWFswat teams, but she is the only killer

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Master said:

@Carpemortum said:
    Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@Master said:

@Arroz said:

@ZeroGaiden said:

1 hook, 4 gens

Do I need to repeat?

Now think again.

Thats not true, a nurse can compete with these SWFswat teams, but she is the only killer

Oh my bad youre right. The one single killer who if only played by top tier players, would actually have an advantage. Or even compete. 

Isnt the game balanced around lower ranks? So my statement stands. As a whole, survivors are not on the losing side of buff/nerfs.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

Gonna copy/paste what i said in the other thread:
    Don't forget that the depip squad played when the game was different than it is right now AND most of the killers they faced were bad and/or made several mistakes.
    Tru3 DID make important mistakes and was running one of the worst killers you can run without perks and addons in a big map. If game was balanced towards that kind of situation don't you think it would be broken if he was running perks and addons? Besides, i think he got 4K with other weak killers like Freddy. Probably because survivors made mistakes too, and that's fine, because mistakes should be punished.

So are you saying ScottJund is bad? Cause they demolished him.

Mistakes should be punished, but when you have to win entirely on your opponents mistakes, you cannot win if they play perfectly, which isn't very difficult to pull off in this game unless you face a godlike Nurse.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

Don't forget that the depip squad played when the game was different than it is right now AND most of the killers they faced were bad and/or made several mistakes.
    Tru3 DID make important mistakes and was running one of the worst killers you can run without perks and addons in a big map. If game was balanced towards that kind of situation don't you think it would be broken if he was running perks and addons? Besides, i think he got 4K with other weak killers like Freddy. Probably because survivors made mistakes too, and that's fine, because mistakes should be punished.

Mistakes should be punished, but when you have to win entirely on your opponents mistakes, you cannot win if they play perfectly, which isn't very difficult to pull off in this game unless you face a godlike Nurse.

If someone plays perfectly i don't see why said person shouldn't be rewarded.
    I'm not saying Scottjund is bad, everyone can have a bad match no matter how good they are.
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited January 2019

First: doesn't happen every game. Every killer pretending this is common is delusional.
    Second: doctor let Laurie take him for a loop. That's his mistake.
    Third: Just because some popular streamer (I don't know who this is) gets wrecked it doesn't mean the other side is OP. Streamers are so annoying because they poison the minds of the community, but they are also good because at least they help grow the game. Still, stop letting streamers brainwash you.
    Fourth: There is no best player in the world. Everyone makes mistakes. There's a killer or a group of survivors out there who will outplay you. And it happens. There is also a good element of luck and randomness in this game as well, it's not 100% skill. When the perfect storm happens, a super genrush can occur. That is both the killer's fault for making mistakes, a pat on the back for the survivors for doing exactly what needed to be done, and luck in how things turned out.
    Fifth: If survivors are really OP at the highest levels, who the hell cares. Survivors at the lower ranks aren't playing as good as that. This is just how the game is right now. Deal with it.

Lastly, if these threads are getting closed then there's some censorship going on, boo on that to the moderators.

• weirdkid5
    edited January 2019

@Vietfox said:
    @weirdkid5 said:

@Vietfox said:

ZeroGaiden said:

If someone plays perfectly i don't see why said person shouldn't be rewarded.
    I'm not saying Scottjund is bad, everyone can have a bad match no matter how good they are.

Because even if you play perfectly, your opponent has to have opportunities to overcome your skill. This is where the game drops the ball.

Compare it to something like fighting games, where there are a million variables and even if you go against an opponent who is much better than you, you can use your knowledge to overcome the challenge and FORCE mistakes or outplay the opponent.

The main problem with DbD's balance is that it doesn't present the Killer enough opportunities to force mistakes out of Survivors or to outplay them, with the sole exceptions being Nurse, Billy, and Huntress. If two players play perfectly, it comes down to who has better reflexes, mindgames, and overall the ability to read the opponent.

With looping as it is and with how all 5 gens can be finished in just 160 seconds, the Killer has almost no room to actually outplay smart Survivors.

I also love it the "top Killer gets bodied by Depip Squad" point gets shut down immediately with "everyone has bad games." Yes, you are correct, but when Scott can body 20 teams in a row, and then get absolutely murdered by the Squad, it shows that majority of Survivors are incapable of actually facing good Killers. ScottJund had to use all his best gear against them and still lost.

And he played as well as he could have, it wasn't a bad game at all. The game is just stacked against Killers, and despite saying the exceptions are Nurse, Billy, and Huntress, ScottJund was playing Huntress when he lost. They also defeated several top level Nurses and Billys. The only real viable Killer is Nurse.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited January 2019
    How can somebody with like 5k hours not know how to play shack as killer?

Also ignores people on nearly completed gen to tunnel?

This video would be great for oh_tofus "improving your gameplay" serie, but I dont think he wants to burn any bridges.
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@weirdkid5 said:

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

What? They didn't demolish me? I won.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

People really need to stop thinking that extremes are common. Yes, there are games where Gens are done in 5 Minutes. But there are also games where the team falls apart in even less time. This does not mean that this is the rule, it is more the exception.
    The last time I remember where I was a Survivor who gen-rushed a Killer was, when the Killer decided to facecamp the first survivor he found. And that is not the Survivors fault that Gens are going quick at this point.

I mean, I also had a game where a Leatherface completely dominated the Team. But that does not mean that he is OP and needs to be nerfed...

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    You can't really say we have to ignore the fully decked out swf groups with gen rush as their only strategy.
    Get your rolling pin and beat them to smithereens. 
  • weirdkid5
    edited January 2019

@ScottJund said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

You went 2-2 against a team of Survivors that weren't using any perks, while you were using a sweat build with Huntress on Grim Pantry.

I wouldn't call it getting demolished, that's a little facetious on my part, but you did earn the pip. I'm not sure if you rematched them when they used perks, but the fact they still 2-2'd you with no perks is evident the game is still unbalanced, especially since 2 of them pipped and one safety pipped, given what you were running and they weren't running anything.

I can guarantee if you didn't run any perks or add-ons you likely would have lost. The fact Survivors can do what they did and still come out as balance intends shows that Survivors are way too powerful. Add perks to them, and they become nearly unstoppable.

This is the match if anyone has any interest in seeing it. Marth's performance aside (who admits he was "boosted" this match), this is what SWF is capable of, and how skewed the balance truly is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cssz6aQ9Dq8

• ScottJund

@weirdkid5 said:

@ScottJund said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

You went 2-2 against a team of Survivors that weren't using any perks, while you were using a sweat build with Huntress on Grim Pantry.

I wouldn't call it getting demolished, that's a little facetious on my part, but you did earn the pip. I'm not sure if you rematched them when they used perks, but the fact they still 2-2'd you with no perks is evident the game is still unbalanced, especially since 2 of them pipped and one safety pipped, given what you were running and they weren't running anything.

I can guarantee if you didn't run any perks or add-ons you likely would have lost. The fact Survivors can do what they did and still come out as balance intends shows that Survivors are way too powerful. Add perks to them, and they become nearly unstoppable.

This is the match if anyone has any interest in seeing it. Marth's performance aside (who admits he was "boosted" this match), this is what SWF is capable of, and how skewed the balance truly is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cssz6aQ9Dq8

Just saying, I was the first one to pip against them and then you say "they demolished me" when I pipped on Huntress with no instathrow, Iridescent, Ruin, on Swamp of all maps. You're just basically lying at that point. Stop that.

• weirdkid5
    edited January 2019

@ScottJund said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@ScottJund said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

Just saying, I was the first one to pip against them and then you say "they demolished me" when I pipped on Huntress with no instathrow, Iridescent, Ruin, on Swamp of all maps. You're just basically lying at that point. Stop that.

I said "that's a little facetious on my part." Or, I guess you missed the statement where I renounced what I said before? You still ran other meta perks on top of meta Add-ons, all to 2-2 a pack of survivors with no perks.

You had BBQ, whispers, and Stridor, and Nurses, on top of running 2 extra hatchets, AND Babushka for faster charge up time.

I might go back to saying they demolished you just cause it drives home the point you still couldn't 4k a pack of no perk survivors, and you had to use a top-level build just pull off the 2k that you did get. Smh you still can't see the point of Survivors being way too powerful for what you used compared to them.

And before you say, "not every Survivor plays this way," you would know that because you face opposition that you easily slay all the time, because the game is riddled with no-skill Survivors. But, when the real deal comes up, you have to sweat your ass off just to get a 2k. Not every Survivor plays this way, but any game that takes its balance seriously always balances the game around the top-level players, because they are the ones that can abuse the systems the most.

• ScottJund

@weirdkid5 said:

@ScottJund said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@ScottJund said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Vietfox said:
    ZeroGaiden said:

I said "that's a little facetious on my part." Or, I guess you missed the statement where I renounced what I said before? You still ran other meta perks on top of meta Add-ons, all to 2-2 a pack of survivors with no perks.

You had BBQ, whispers, and Stridor, and Nurses, on top of running 2 extra hatchets, AND Babushka for faster charge up time.

I might go back to saying they demolished you just cause it drives home the point you still couldn't 4k a pack of no perk survivors, and you had to use a top-level build just to pull that off.

im starting to think you havent even watched the game. I didn't have stridor, I didn't have extra hatchets, and I AFK'd the last 2 minutes of the match to just stop their streak instead of 4king. Are you confusing me with someone else? You seem to have some weird dislike for me