The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Small doctor buff rework

let me begin by saying i love the doc, he's currently my fav killer and i put most of my killer hours into him. That being said, he's only really effective at higher ranks if you have godlike timing or are lucky. I think the problem arises from his stance switching mechanic. Simply put the time it takes to switch stances after shocking someone as they try to vault to hit them takes almost as much time as his stun. IMO. I would suggest making treatment always active and work via the killer power button like every other killer. even if that means you have to reduce his base speed a bit, it would make the doctor able to stop vaulting and pallet drops with correct timing instead of adding and extra .5-1 sec after a shock hoping that you have quicker reflexes than the survivor as you switch stances to hit them.

while stance dancing is an interesting mechanic, the shock stacks a debuff instead of doing damage like the pigs stance, so it is more of a pain then it should be on the doc.

Comments

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264

In all honesty he needs nerfing. All I ever see are people spamming shock and you can't do anything cause of it

• Baxterchen
    Baxterchen Member Posts: 60

that's what snap out of it is for

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@JayDoesGames said:
    In all honesty he needs nerfing. All I ever see are people spamming shock and you can't do anything cause of it

• JayDoesGames

@SadonicShadow said:

@JayDoesGames said:

Yeah, they should get good. That's exactly the point. Shock spamming isn't a skill.

• JayDoesGames

@Baxterchen said:

You can't snap out of it during a chase were you're being shock spammed. Have you played survivor before?

• Baxterchen

@JayDoesGames said:

@Baxterchen said:

You can't snap out of it during a chase were you're being shock spammed. Have you played survivor before?

i have, and the easiest thing to do is juke the shocks when you hear the charge lake you would a huntress or clown

• Baxterchen

now before you reply and go oh well the shock covers more area, yeah it does, you just make hard turns

los is important to the doctor, if i cant guess where you're going after you duck behind an obstacle i have a much harder time shocking you.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited June 2018

@JayDoesGames said:

A Doctor that zaps you doesn't smack you.

@OP: As a Doctor main from nearly day one: he doesn't need a buff.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@SadonicShadow said:

@JayDoesGames said:

Yeah, they should get good. That's exactly the point. Shock spamming isn't a skill.

Then your teammates should be doing gens while Doctor isn’t hitting you. A Killer shouldn’t be nerfed because of you or your teammates’ failure to properly fight him. 
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

@SnakeSound222 said:
    JayDoesGames said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@JayDoesGames said:

Then your teammates should be doing gens while Doctor isn’t hitting you. A Killer shouldn’t be nerfed because of you or your teammates’ failure to properly fight him. 

thaaaaats right

• CAWAgentNiko
    CAWAgentNiko Member Posts: 2

@JayDoesGames said:

If he spends all game zapping you, he isnt smacking you. either learn to get out of chases or keep in the chase for as long as he is shocking you, your teammates will thank you for wasting all of his time.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

@JayDoesGames said:

The Doctor loses a lot of time doing that, so what are you complaining about