Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Oppression change

Chilli_man2400
Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893
edited March 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is kind of a continuation of another thread about Oppression but I have to ask.

Would you keep the 120/100/80 second cooldown? If Oppression stacked with all gen kicking perks? (Examples include PGTW, Call of Brine, Overcharge, Eruption and Surveillance). This perk would not work with Dragons Grip and Trail of torment.

Would it be op? cause it has the long cooldown still, but it has more utility.

If a survivor is working on the gen and oppression affects it they will still get the difficult skill check. The perk should show what gens will be affected.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Imo it just needs the cooldown reduced to around 50 seconds and then it’s probably fine.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Oppression would be a better perk if it had a lower cooldown + missing the skillcheck was a bit more impactful

E.g If one person missed the skillcheck it inflicts everyone on it with incapacitated for 10s or something. Like Eruption

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

You have to see how ridiculous it would be if it applied all gen kicking perks to up to four generators at once. It’s actually an underrated perk in my opinion. A little bit smaller cool down would be fine. Maybe 60 seconds, but definitely nothing below 45 seconds.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Decent survivors just hit the skill checks. It's pointless. The cooldown could be far lower and it would simply go from terrible to mediocre.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

You might be surprised how easily an Oppression skill check is missed, even by veteran survivors. Also don't forget that it causes remote regression on up to three generators if no survivor happens to be on it/them.

• Himcules
    Himcules Member Posts: 11

So can that affect be combined i.e. Pop + Oppression so it stacks? Or Overcharge with Oppression to gain that affect on the other 2 gens? Then you are buffing the perk indirectly.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Imo, Oppression doesn't really make sense to have a cooldown in the first place. You have to kick a gen which then kicks other gens. The only way you can get value from it again in a short time period if another survivor taps the gen you just kicked right in front of you.

The cooldown on it almost certainly needs to be reduced before any other changes.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I've had some luck with Opression and Dead Man's Switch.

I agree the cooldown is probably the biggest weakness. Especially in light of Call of Brine, which has no cooldown and, if I'm not mistaken can be applied to multiple generators.

If the total lack of a cooldown is potentially too powerful, you could reduce the regression on the Oppressed generators.

• Himcules
    Himcules Member Posts: 11

Reduce cooldown to some degree is the solution then