The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bothered by the CoH meta? Why don't you just...

... play Plague? Seriously, this killer was made for this. Sure, she's got a bit of a learning curve, but comes with a fair and decent selection of add-ons, awesome skins, and more importantly, hard-counters the healing meta. Her add-on selection is especially nice, since she doesn't have any add-ons you're never going to use, and that's a big plus in my books.

Survivors either stay infected and broken (and still have 2 health states if they use DH, so nothing really changed), or they cleanse and give you a pretty strong power that can injure or down multiple survivors at once. I compare her to a much slower and shorter ranged huntress, but anyone who's played a projectile killer can probably adjust to the slower projectile speed just fine. You can arc your shots over obstacles / tiles and get some amazing downs, the black incense is spectacular, the prayer tablet meme add-on is actually viable and really strong with other infection duration / effectiveness add-ons, I don't see what's not to love here.

Corrupt intervention and infection duration add-ons are so good on her, just cover the non-corrupted gens in vomit, and you'll automatically know if someone touched one. You can do that with exit gates and totems too. Non-infected survivors don't want to always get healed by or rescue infected survivors, and if they do, then that's a win for you.

One downside is a lack of mobility, and big maps can really hurt, but I'm amazed I don't see more people playing plague with all the bellyaching that's going on around the healing meta.

So, if you're one of the many posters complaining about too much healing in the game, why not give Adiris a try? Vomiting on survivors is also pretty cathartic, and good for the soul. Why not put Blight, Nurse, Spirit and Huntress on a shelf for a bit, and try out something new? I've probably run into one plague last month, and there's a good chunk of new survivors that don't know how to effectively play against her at all.

Anyways, that's my pitch for Plague, a mostly forgotten killer that has a lot of relevancy in the current day meta. What are your thoughts about this? Are you going to give it a try and see for yourself?

Comments

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

I used to think she is close to S tier with some certain perks as you can completely counter deadhard and all healing.

However the more I played the less people gave a ######### about being infected and when they don't cleanse at least once or you don't use your free fountain well then you can lose the game in like 5 minutes no problem.

Plague has one of the strongest powers in the game, but survivors are never forced to give it to her.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited March 2022

Devs should buff sloppy butcher , it help anti healing.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

If they pop CoH, I just take that as a signal to tunnel.

But for Plague, I love her to bits. However, she's plagued (see what I did there?) by issues, some of which you mentioned. My biggest, though, is the server side validation. I know I hit them with puke, in either form, yet due to a server hiccup, it doesn't count. Normally, this happens when I need it the most. It's not a rare thing either, which just irritates me.

Second, the dc'ing I get. Survivors know that Plague is underplayed, so they figure the five minute timer is better than facing her, knowing that they won't face her again for awhile. It was especially evident with her recent QoL changes. I just put her away, now that Artist is here. Will go back to her soon, though. i miss her.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I main doc.

Can't heal when you got the full blown crazies.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

I mean…yeah, I like playing Plague, not only because she’s great for countering COH, but because I like her in general. That doesn’t mean the perk is balanced though, that just means there’s a certain killer’s power that happens to invalidate basically all forms of conventional healing.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I play Pig (a non AFK Pig at that)

It doesn't matter if you heal or not... I'm going to stop the gens and you already have a Trap on your head

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

This is why I say sickness needs to debuff survivors the longer they stay sick!

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

I'm not that into Plague, unfortunately.

I don't hate her. I play her occasionally, but her playstyle requires you to be very adaptable. You gotta worry about maps/fountain rng, how often a team cleanses, when to use your Corrupt purge, or to just be Ms. M1 killer. It just feels like a lot of hassle to me to be able to use my power, which is what distinguishes one killer from the other.

She's fun every now and then, but not my type. She fulfills a niche I'm not a part of.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

A tier killers are boring. I picked her up and I win the vast majority of my games as her, but it's not fun. I don't like the slugging play style.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

DansGame

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Wow, looking at that close up perk now, I always thought it looked like a bird with it's wings outstretched, not a murdered pig...that never caught onto me, lol

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

Ah, another case similar to people thinking WGLF's icon was someone bouncing a basketball up and down.

Classic.

• TotemSeeker91

OH MY GOSH YES, I ALWAYS thought it was someone kicking a soccer ball, still to this day I'm not 100% sure what it is, lol

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Plague might counter CoH, but then she's just a T3 Myers for the rest of the game. Except she has no longer lunge or faster vaulting. She still has the issue of being a M1 killer for most of the match unless survivors feed you fountains.

And even then her Corrupt Purge is not really good on maps with a lot of LoS blockers.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Plague is so ######### slow.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

It's basically a guy striking a weird pose in front of a cowering Survivor, ready to fight for them or something... I don't know, David King is stupid.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,266

Good survivors can counter plague easily. Good survivors don't drink the water and they will just gen rush.

I dont mind playing her but she's not my favorite. Other than being forced to play one killer how about we nerf the boons finally to be token based or that the damn totem breaks when snuffed.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Sloppy is okay on its own. The problem is Coh.

You dont ever want to vs a buff Sloppy when your team doesnt have Coh.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Plague isn't Demogorgon, and people shouldn't be forced to play 1 Killer to counter a Perk

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

Because Plague has a massive issue with vomit not registering. As someone who ended up maining Plague because of the heal meta, it became aggravating playing as her because of all the times my vomit would hit a survivor, I would hear them scream and see them go through the animation of being vomited on, but the game doesn't register any of it. Not to mention she's easily countered. Turning corners makes it near impossible for her to hit her vomit because of how slow it projects. And while she can prevent people from healing, the main counter to her is to not cleanse yourself. Especially on a big map.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Projectile speed. Hit the nail on the head. Clown has this problem as well. It sucks knowing exactly what the survivor's going to do, and having a plan to counter it, but not being able to execute it because of the sluggish nature of your power.

• danielmaster87

So how does Demogorgon handle CoH? Just focus 1-2 people with Black Heart/Barb's Glasses? That's what worked for me, but that was before CoH.

• danielmaster87
  • James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

Because I want to play the other 20+ killers too and not just the same one over and over.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I bet if at least 50% of Killer players would listen to this, then within 48h on the forums be like:

"Why everyone plays Plague now?"

"PLAGUE, PLAGUE, PLAGUE PLAGUE"

"Plague should be nerfed"

"Plague changes ideas"

"Plague is so boring to VS"

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Not much. Demogorgon handles chases pretty well so being forced to chase isn't that bad, but 3-Genning with his Portals has become harder due to 3-Genning getting nerfed thanks to CoH

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m not all that much into her playstyle, her puke is kind of janky trying to hit people, at least for me. 🤷‍♂️

To be honest Circle of Healing hasn’t bothered me all that much personally, at least not any more than any other popular survivor perks. It does make it harder to hit and run but it is what it is for now, just means I have to focus down on chasing someone I just injured a bit more often. It’s obviously a strong perk but if the survivors aren’t playing as well as me I can still beat them despite it. It’s mainly is a factor if the survivors are playing better than me, in which case me having trouble catching them in the first place is just being exacerbated by injuries being healed more quickly.

As far as tactics go, though

• Anything that can do instant downs helps counter CoH. So perks or add-ons that grant Exposed status or the killers that can do them innately can mean all that healing is potentially less useful
    • Abilities and effects that help you catch survivors you just injured before they have a chance to heal are useful. For example Blight is excellent because of his natural ability to catch back up to survivors after a hit. Save the Best for Last is a strong perk because it means that after a hit the survivor gets noticably less distance from you before you can chase them again. Personally I’m a fan of Bloodhound as well, it makes it extremely difficult to lose track of someone you hit if they try and be stealthy to heal quickly, you can easily follow their trail and they have no chance to heal up. (Most people like Nurse’s Calling for this but it does have the downside that it only works when they’re actively healing and can be thwarted by Shadowstep or Distortion or the like.)
    • Keep an ear out for the CoH boon as you go and snuff it if you’re not actively in a chase. And remember where the Boon was placed because survivors tend to try and rebless the same totems after they’re snuffed. And even assuming they place a new one, that at least takes them 14 seconds or whatever so it’s at least slowed them down slightly.

Don’t get me wrong, CoH is a strong perk no doubt. I’m just saying there are things to try to help mitigate its strength a bit.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • TotemSeeker91

Oooooooohhhhh, I see it now...they really need to make the perks bigger, lol

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

It's actually easier to keep pressure up via madness levels than it is wounding survivors due to the CoH meta. "Snap out of it" gets no benefit from CoH, so it's still as reliable a mechanic as it was when boons didn't exist.

Until they give killers a better option, killing the person who brought the boon is the absolute best counterplay there is. It's literally the only way to stop the perk from being reapplied all game.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

If a single survivor perk makes only one out of the many killers viable, don’t you think maybe that’s a problem?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,286

Because I did the better, stress free option and play survivor.

I'll play Plague or any killer when they give it a third person view and come out with a killer that looks like a near naked Henry Cavill.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

Umm how about we don’t put Spirit on a shelf when no one plays her?

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657