Do these perks need a rework because of SWF?

Options
Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946
There are some fun perks like knockout, hex: third seal, Insidious and ever totemperk that are getting negated/massively hindered by the communication swf can provide.

I understand that the devs cannot control what information is getting communicated via 3th party programs like discord ect. and that they whitelisted com. 

But could we get a rework against swf or an indication, that these perks don't work as intended for 70% of the matches?

I know, because of the lobby dodging there will never be a clue who is swf and splitting the community into separate queues would just break the waiting time, but it is there really nothing that can be done?

Some of those perks are really fun to use and offer unique playstyle.
A true sensory deprivation horror experience.

Comments

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I don't think there would even be a way to rework those perks you mentioned, Voice com SWF will always know where the Killer, Traps, Totems and other Survivors are so anything to do with taking that information away is kind of negated. :cry:

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

SWF needs a rework because of those perks (among others).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Cymer said:
    There are some fun perks like knockout, hex: third seal, Insidious and ever totemperk that are getting negated/massively hindered by the communication swf can provide.

I understand that the devs cannot control what information is getting communicated via 3th party programs like discord ect. and that they whitelisted com. 

But could we get a rework against swf or an indication, that these perks don't work as intended for 70% of the matches?

I know, because of the lobby dodging there will never be a clue who is swf and splitting the community into separate queues would just break the waiting time, but it is there really nothing that can be done?

Some of those perks are really fun to use and offer unique playstyle.
    A true sensory deprivation horror experience.

Yes they need a rework, but the devs show no intention adressing the problems SWF has introduced for several years now. I honestly doubt that they are going to change this mindset.

There needs to happen sth drastically before BHVR will take action.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

And it's not like the community managers or mods aren't aware that people want this fixed.

They just ignore it because rather than have any form of integrity, they'd rather keep their cash cow.

• Cymer
    Options
    But they can keep it. Just adjust the game and it will be more fun for everyone!
  • asanandic
    asanandic Member Posts: 15
    Options

to be honest if some players are having the luxury of joining games as groups of 2 - 3 or 4 as a killer main and the owner of the lobby I would like the option to accept groups of 2 - 3 or 4...

• Cymer
    Options
    asanandic said:

to be honest if some players are having the luxury of joining games as groups of 2 - 3 or 4 as a killer main and the owner of the lobby I would like the option to accept groups of 2 - 3 or 4...

Not gonna happen. Because this would split the small player base and elongate the lobby time. Bhvr won't let this happen.
    In my opinion Bhvr still believes in their initial horror and solitude experience of the game and are unwilling to sacrifice their vision but on the other hand are too reliant on swf to keep the game alive and with a sustainable player base.
  • The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Hex totems are getting an update, so there’s a tiny bit of hope. What are the changes?

They will now spawn much closer to walls and other objects, thus making them more hidden. The spawns themselves don’t change however they will be much more concealed and survivors are more likely to miss it unless they properly check.

Lastly, they will no longer within the survivors line of sight. What that means is when the circle does a 360 at the beginning; the survivor won’t  be able to see the totem.

Hope this makes you feel a tad better about it. It’s not perfect but that’s the way it is
  • Cymer
    Options
    Hex totems are getting an update, so there’s a tiny bit of hope. What are the changes?

They will now spawn much closer to walls and other objects, thus making them more hidden. The spawns themselves don’t change however they will be much more concealed and survivors are more likely to miss it unless they properly check.

Lastly, they will no longer within the survivors line of sight. What that means is when the circle does a 360 at the beginning; the survivor won’t  be able to see the totem.

Hope this makes you feel a tad better about it. It’s not perfect but that’s the way it is
    That is nice to hear and helps certainly that they aren't found at the start, but it changes nothing about, that when a member of a swf finds one totem. Everyone of the swfs knows where the totem is and can go cleansing it.
    Let's say you are in a chase and find a totem. Normally you would have to escape the killer and then go back and cleanse the totem. Within swf you see the totem, you tell it's location and the nearest swf can come cleanse it while you still occupy the killer. Solo survivors don't have access to such means to leverage pressure on the killer.

Btw, this is no swf bashing thread. Just stating the game as it is right now.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@The_Trapper said:

What update, from what I have seen they still spawn at totally obvious locations?
    AT the moment it looks like haunted grounds was their "fix" to the totem mechanic. Totems even shine through walls, I mean......