Why DBD is losing players!!!

Options
AlwaysInAGoodShape
AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

As you can see in this official graph, DBD is losing players. There's no point in denying it! So why is that?
First of all there's NOED. This perk literally needs to be changed. Killers can just lose the entire match and then suddenly they 4k, just because they have NOED.

It's pretty clear now. The Devs are killer favoured. Wasn't a 3k enough? Do they literally need to 4k every single game?

At this point, just buff adrenaline. Let it work for every generator that is finished. Survivors can honestly use this, and I can already see the salty killer mains complaining that it's too strong while they 4k every game.

I'm so done with this game. This is gonna be my very last post.

You just lost a customer.

Slams the door

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

As you can see in this official graph, DBD is losing players. There's no point in denying it! So why is that?
    First of all there's NOED. This perk literally needs to be changed. Killers can just lose the entire match and then suddenly they 4k, just because they have NOED.

It's pretty clear now. The Devs are killer favoured. Wasn't a 3k enough? Do they literally need to 4k every single game?

At this point, just buff adrenaline. Let it work for every generator that is finished. Survivors can honestly use this, and I can already see the salty killer mains complaining that it's too strong while they 4k every game.

Slams the door

We dont need guys like you here, bye
    4k cus noed "omegalul"

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

"AlwaysInAGoodShape"
    "I'm so done with this game."
    Hmmmmmmmmm...

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Where do these numbers come from?"

Wait I don't see any numbers. Or dates. My 8-year old nephew could draw a chart like that.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Yelling at people quitting that they can cleanse dull totems won’t help. They are going to lower the population, and they don’t care if it’s counterable. They want it gone, and you can’t stop them from quitting. Killers say how they are needed more, but they can’t quit or review bomb 4x as much that’s for sure! Besides, plenty of survivors switch to killer when queues are bad

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    How to read a graph 101. Read what the graph is showing.

An increase in New players is not the entire player base. It's just new players.
    Counting new players over time doesn't show a decline in activity. It's additive. This graph just shows the total number (if numbers existed in this fever dream of a post) of people who got the game
  • LvGamer34
    LvGamer34 Member Posts: 76
    Options

Such a troll thread... https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    I miss the LOL react so much. 
    Now I have to actually type to tell OP his trollpost made me laugh. :(

I miss the abuse flag. The hundreds were tokens of honor to me! I still have the medals from getting a ton of lol’s as well

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

The game is doing just fine. It's playerbase is pretty good on pc and ps4 has a good amount of players. It's just xbox that I've heard doesn't have a very large playerbase

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    If people want to quit over easily counter perks then they weren't the type to stick around anyway. But the graph doesn't even address player decline so the point of the thread comes off mute.
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options
    The fact that a whole thread is created out of a graph without any info is kind of worrying. Like really?
  • Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

I can't believe that people are taking this seriously.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@RuneStarr said:

I miss the abuse flag. The hundreds were tokens of honor to me! I still have the medals from getting a ton of lol’s as well

why there take them off?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Hello today, good troll. How is it under your bridge? :P

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I know this is a troll thread, but I'm still trying to interpret the graph (I have no life, I know), and it really doesn't make sense... So DBD was released in 2016, but according to what little notations are written in the graph, DBD has been around for 10 years.

Because Y explicitly state 'compared to previous year', then the unit of X can be assumed to be year (i.e. each dot represent a year). So the first dot to second dot is the launch to first anniv point (hence why it increases from 0 to 100%) This indicate where the 100% point of the Y axis is, hence the final dot is at about 50%. The problem is that the final dot does not indicate 50% compared to the first year, but 50% compated to the previous year (second to last dot), which make the graph very tedious to interpret... Not to mention, given this non-linear nature of the Y axis, it should've been kept as a scatter plot and not a line graph. Hence, the Y axis should've been something simpler.

I'm way overthinking this...
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

I mean honestly - if I was new to a game and I wanted to check out a game and it's community, and I came here I would leave immediately.

There's far too many people complaining about things on the forums about minor things, the community is awful, rude and negative as much as possible.

and I'll admit, I'm awful too - I argue with people, but it's usually about my opinions, or calling out people who have said one thing and toddle over to another thread and spout something else.

This community needs to change, it needs to get out of it's rut and work together on real issues.

The only TRUE things plaguing this game are the map layouts (jungle jims/pallets too close/crotus prenn asylum layout).

and I know you are all going to whine about SWF/Killer Dodging etc but they aren't really problems.

I watch some of the greatest killers in this game play it and nearly none of them complain about SWF, they usually absolutely wreak havoc on them.

I've had great matches as killer against SWF, and I've had terrible ones. The same goes for matches with solo squads, I've had great matches and I've had terrible matches,.

Too many players on both side complain about things when it's simple their lack of skill in all honesty, they just wont admit it. Reminds me of that killer in another thread who is "stuck in brown ranks" while talking about how they dodge SWF, but also blamed SWF for their reason they're in, or survivors that get lucky pallets and DS and think they're god tier.

The community is the reason people aren't sticking around ( while your graph is nonsense btw) I can see how silly moaning posts like this would put someone off continuing.

TL;DR - Quit your moaning about silly little things that you aren't good against and focus on actual problems with the game moris/insta heals/map, pallet layouts/ Iridescent heads ETC. Most of the issues are with your playstyle over anything else.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

Slams the door

This is definitely not like @AlwaysInAGoodShape so this is a fun post! To be honest, we need more posts like these since they can really give you a good laugh about our community! :lol:
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

@LvGamer34 said:
    Such a troll thread... https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

That is just steam too. I would love to know the console numbers. The timing on this post is pretty funny considering there was a +15% increase in the last 30 days. Not surprising considering the holiday event, but still funny.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

That graph does look pretty sound...almost like it was made by a real scientist.

Your arguments are flawless too, but the graph really swayed me!

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

Obvious troll is obvious. Stop taking the bait guys.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    Yelling at people quitting that they can cleanse dull totems won’t help. They are going to lower the population, and they don’t care if it’s counterable. They want it gone, and you can’t stop them from quitting. Killers say how they are needed more, but they can’t quit or review bomb 4x as much that’s for sure! Besides, plenty of survivors switch to killer when queues are bad

You are the most delusionally biased survivor main on this forum, congratulations. This post is obviously a troll post yet you are taking it seriously. I would HAPPILY give up NOED if DS also went with it. Happily. Gleefully. Ecstatically. Enthusiastically!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@RuneStarr said:

Here use this custom one I made once the change happened, it gets the point across much better.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,999
    edited January 2019
    Options

laughs like mickey mouse your buff to adrenaline is aw- wait are you even reading the messages your getting

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

Jesus, whatever happened to the subtle and less obvious troll to bait people in smh.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:
    I mean honestly - if I was new to a game and I wanted to check out a game and it's community, and I came here I would leave immediately.

There's far too many people complaining about things on the forums about minor things, the community is awful, rude and negative as much as possible.

and I'll admit, I'm awful too - I argue with people, but it's usually about my opinions, or calling out people who have said one thing and toddle over to another thread and spout something else.

This community needs to change, it needs to get out of it's rut and work together on real issues.

The only TRUE things plaguing this game are the map layouts (jungle jims/pallets too close/crotus prenn asylum layout).

and I know you are all going to whine about SWF/Killer Dodging etc but they aren't really problems.

I watch some of the greatest killers in this game play it and nearly none of them complain about SWF, they usually absolutely wreak havoc on them.

I've had great matches as killer against SWF, and I've had terrible ones. The same goes for matches with solo squads, I've had great matches and I've had terrible matches,.

Too many players on both side complain about things when it's simple their lack of skill in all honesty, they just wont admit it. Reminds me of that killer in another thread who is "stuck in brown ranks" while talking about how they dodge SWF, but also blamed SWF for their reason they're in, or survivors that get lucky pallets and DS and think they're god tier.

The community is the reason people aren't sticking around ( while your graph is nonsense btw) I can see how silly moaning posts like this would put someone off continuing.

TL;DR - Quit your moaning about silly little things that you aren't good against and focus on actual problems with the game moris/insta heals/map, pallet layouts/ Iridescent heads ETC. Most of the issues are with your playstyle over anything else.

I really agree with your post here. I'm curious, in what way do you think maps are problematic? Do you think they are too survivor sided? I feel like the pallets have been already adressed with the last mid chapter patch, but I wish there were more mindgameable pallets and less safe ones. Also some maps are so huge it feels like it's almost impossible to apply any proper map pressure as killer. I understand that people have a problem with gen rush, but I also think maybe it's better to adress map design first.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    powerbats said:

@RuneStarr said:

Here use this custom one I made once the change happened, it gets the point across much better.

:'(
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

(Spoiler)

Slams the door

This is definitely not like @AlwaysInAGoodShape so this is a fun post! To be honest, we need more posts like these since they can really give you a good laugh about our community! :lol:

I was also wondering, normally his posts aren't like this so surely this is sarcasm?

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Options

@Milord

I know this is a troll thread, but I'm still trying to interpret the graph (I have no life, I know), and it really doesn't make sense... So DBD was released in 2016, but according to what little notations are written in the graph, DBD has been around for 10 years.

Because Y explicitly state 'compared to previous year', then the unit of X can be assumed to be year (i.e. each dot represent a year). So the first dot to second dot is the launch to first anniv point (hence why it increases from 0 to 100%) This indicate where the 100% point of the Y axis is, hence the final dot is at about 50%. The problem is that the final dot does not indicate 50% compared to the first year, but 50% compated to the previous year (second to last dot), which make the graph very tedious to interpret... Not to mention, given the non-linear nature of the Y axis, it should've been kept as a scatter plot and not a line graph. Hence, the Y axis should've been something simpler.

Haha

To be honest, this type of (economic) graph is something they pester highschool/uni students with.
    Since it's a percentage in comparison to the previous period, the decline doesn't actually mean that the playerbase is declining. Neither does it mean that the player-base is increasing at a slower rate.

The "official graph" shows that the player-base is growing faster every year, because the % increase of new players is bigger than 0, meaning that "the increase is increasing" as long as Y is higher than 0!

but according to what little notations are written in the graph, DBD has been around for 10 years.

I should've said period instead of year. You got me there! Sharp mind (:

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Options

@Milord

Because Y explicitly state 'compared to previous year', then the unit of X can be assumed to be year (i.e. each dot represent a year). So the first dot to second dot is the launch to first anniv point (hence why it increases from 0 to 100%) This indicate where the 100% point of the Y axis is, hence the final dot is at about 50%. The problem is that the final dot does not indicate 50% compared to the first year, but 50% compated to the previous year (second to last dot), which make the graph very tedious to interpret... Not to mention, given the non-linear nature of the Y axis, it should've been kept as a scatter plot and not a line graph. Hence, the Y axis should've been something simpler.

Haha

To be honest, this type of (economic) graph is something they pester highschool/uni students with.
    Since it's a percentage in comparison to the previous period, the decline doesn't actually mean that the playerbase is declining. Neither does it mean that the player-base is increasing at a slower rate.

The "official graph" shows that the player-base is growing faster every year, because the % increase of new players is bigger than 0, meaning that "the increase is increasing" as long as Y is higher than 0!

but according to what little notations are written in the graph, DBD has been around for 10 years.

I should've said period instead of year. You got me there! Sharp mind (:

Oh wow, you actually replied!!! Well, I'm obsessed with graph. Since we're in the era of big data, I've seen a lot of graphs in newspaper or the like that are either misleading or made more complicated than necessary. One of my pet peeves. :P
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Locking this because it's an incredibly obvious troll attempt. That is not an official graph for starters, and DBD is not 9 years old.
This discussion has been closed.