Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

That's a campin'

What triggers you other killers and makes you decide to camp someone?

By the way when I say camping I'm talking survivors definition of camping, I consider it more like patrolling.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I only camp when it's the most optimal strategy for me to use, or to make myself unpredictable randomly.

• RogueGoddess
    RogueGoddess Member Posts: 50

Oh, Patrolling?

I patrol naturally. While I do go more than 5 steps from the survivor, going all over the map, but if they still haven't been saved after like 15 seconds, I do go back to see if anyone is even near the poor guy.

Being 5 feet from them, which I consider camping primarily because it is almost impossible to get the survivor, would have to be brought on by T-bagging. If I wanted tea, I would buy Lipton. Oh, or if they ready up last and then prove to be an [censored] in the game anyways, I camp them then. Or if I recognize them from a previous game where they let me die on the hook. I literally say to myself, "Oh, the Doctor will see you now."

• Pendragon64
    Pendragon64 Member Posts: 1

I just like to hook near as many generators as possible, and then stay in that small region, then check other nearby gens and come back.

Otherwise, T-bagging and flashlights at every pallet=you will die first Claudette

• ArcaneMantis
    ArcaneMantis Member Posts: 29

I love this reference lmfao.

But uhhh hm. SFW is auto camp for me. I wont camp purple flashlight users but I will tunnel them to get them off the map asap. If they're tbaggin at every pallet I might...depends on my mood lol.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

I love this reference lmfao.

But uhhh hm. SFW is auto camp for me. I wont camp purple flashlight users but I will tunnel them to get them off the map asap. If they're tbaggin at every pallet I might...depends on my mood lol.

SWF is usually auto camp by default because they swarm to the hooks like flies on #########. And then of course they’ll whine about you camping when they’re waiting for you at the hook. I really don’t get some people in this game sometimes.
  • guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

I never ever camp

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093
    edited June 2018

I dont understand why killers will find any excuse to camp. Im a killer main with 600 hours on the game and i rarely camp. It actually makes the game harder for you and its really boring. I've never understood the point.
    Just edited to add that if someone tea bagged me, i would camp them for the reason that an ignorant arse hole doesn't deserve to have fun.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@No_Cluie_Louis said:
    I dont understand why killers will find any excuse to camp. Im a killer main with 600 hours on the game and i rarely camp. It actually makes the game harder for you and its really boring. I've never understood the point.
    Just edited to add that if someone tea bagged me, i would camp them for the reason that an ignorant arse hole doesn't deserve to have fun.

Vengeance? Salt Mining? Because they don't like the character?

Does it really matter?

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@FrenziedRoach said:

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

Vengeance? Salt Mining? Because they don't like the character?

Does it really matter?

But that's just such a stupid answer. It's like being asked why a murderer in real life would kill someone and them saying because they can. You can go outside right now and stab someone with a kitchen knife. You can do alot of things but it doesn't mean you should.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

It’s not hard to find an excuse, toxic survivors are always willing to hand us some.
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

But that's just such a stupid answer. It's like being asked why a murderer in real life would kill someone and them saying because they can. You can go outside right now and stab someone with a kitchen knife. You can do alot of things but it doesn't mean you should.

Just because you can compare valid game tactics to a real life crime doesn't mean you should.

Co'mon man, you're better than this. Knock it off with the false equivalency already.

• MasochistFreddyMain
    MasochistFreddyMain Member Posts: 42
    Gens have been rushed, gates are open you have one person on the hook. <= Good reason to camp unless you play Freddy. Then you just go in the corner and cry. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Once the "Butt Dancing" starts I grab my tent and marshmallows.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I don't camp unless the Survivors are toxic AF, and they have to be really toxic to cause me to camp someone. I find it boring and dull. I'd rather allow the unhook and go find someone else to chase. Kills mean absolutely nothing, again, and if you want to pip all you need is 1 to guarantee it. At least that's how my games go anyways.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

What triggers you other killers and makes you decide to camp someone?

By the way when I say camping I'm talking survivors definition of camping, I consider it more like patrolling.

LOLOLOLOL!!! I loathe campers, but this is funny as hell :)

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

The only thing that triggers me is when survivors gen rush. Either I DC because apparently they want the game to end or I camp one of them to death. I make sure not to camp and not to tunnel but when they gen rush, that's a campin'

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@No_Cluie_Louis said:
    You can go outside right now and stab someone with a kitchen knife. You can do alot of things but it doesn't mean you should.

You can land an easy skill check to stab the killer, but it doesn't mean you should.

• mschumi2005
    mschumi2005 Member Posts: 12

I do not camp even if there is a purple flashlight...I will tunnel t-baggin, but not tunnel hard, like I will not hook him for 2 times in a row, only if there is no other survivor in the region to chase! If a unhook happens while I leave the hook, I only go back after the farmer and not the unhooked person, sometimes the unhooked person just shows up in my face, I hit him, but leave him alone, and won't pick him even if I loose the other survivor in a chase, I just go and patrol generators! Everyone needs an equal fighting chance to make the game more enjoyable, and you do not need 4 kills to pip, but sometimes it feels good, and when you get the 4k by playing fair and not going back to the hook after a person was unhooked, you feel very accomplished.