firedaflareforhelp
firedaflareforhelp Member Posts: 11
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

that tunnel and camp

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• firedaflareforhelp

this game will die on both sides not just 1 side tunneling and camping will help kill the fun for survivors whilst full swfs running coh and all that is killing it for killers

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,614

Tonight, I've decided to change my style from chases and kills to camp. One cheater during my first game, multiple boons on the maps of the matches that followed, an RPD map offering ... I've finally snapped.

I'm getting a better kill ratio than with the Nurse and I'm doing almost no effort for it. I got two 2k, three 3k and three 4k. (and a lot of salt).

Why do I always chose the most difficult path? I mean, it works in life but there is no point doing that in a glorified party game.

So yes, it's boring. And this time the word doesn't mean "too strong for me" like it usually does in these forums.

On another hand : wins. (Some may even say it's "skilled" play.)

Bubba, of course, with Insidious, Tinkerer, Bamboozle and NOED (because if you chose to play like a bastard, you go all the way)

To be honest, it's kind of hard. I don't really enjoy killing survivors like this. On another hand, it works so well one could say it's the most efficient technique available. I'm curious to see what will happen against the next full meta SWF.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

You'll never pip playing like that, but let's be honest getting to iri 1 for a lowly sum of 1mill BP ain't worth the squeeze.

• firedaflareforhelp

bro you pip like that all the time what you mean its not hard to pip as bubba facecamping with insidious hell there are even ways to make it impossible to do gens quickly deadman switch and scourge hook so you can kill them faster and slow the gens down without even having to go to them its ridiculous what is going on in this game in 2021-2022

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

Bored of the forum same old threads.

• firedaflareforhelp

just want to point out what do you expect when killers are tunneling camping lmao... just think about it maybe play survivor idk what else to tell you solo queue not with a swf btw

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Is your name "Fired a flare for help"

or is it "Fire da flare for help"

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

What happened was people got what they asked for.

1v1 viability for solo queue survivor players.

You can now stand almost toe to toe with killers 1v1 making multiple chases the least viable play style.

just as survivors figured out splitting up on gens is most viable, killers have figured out tunnelling one player out is most viable.

Easiest way to do it is make sure first player dies on first hook or immediately after then mop up remaining 3 over last one to two gens.

It works well except for those few games where survivors focus on gens and leave, but they are few and far between compared to people trying to hook save and giving you the early tunnel death. Even when survivors do focus on gens and leave you may still have enough time for a second endgame kill making a 2D/2E game which we all know is the epitome of balance.

It’s not a malicious attack on peoples fun, nor is it killer players fault for gaming in a very efficient way, just as it’s not survivors fault for splitting up on gens. It’s what works and works consistently well so people are going to do it.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Being bored of killers that camp and tunnel is definitely not the same as being bored of losing. Not even close.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

You know, I've found a pretty damn good strategy for 'x really annoys me about the other side' in this game.

I'll take a day or two and exclusively play that other side. If I'm getting peeved at survivors, I'll play survivor for a while. If I'm getting peeved at killers, I'll play killer for a while.

I find that this has made me a little bit more understanding of the gripes both sides have.

That said:

Camping, as in facecamping is annoying - but it's getting fixed, and is generally a sign that someone has had a bad day.

Tunneling is nothing to get upset about. That's...just how killers play at high MMRs, if they don't want to get chimped on.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,899
    edited March 2022

Killer meta is more heavily influenced by survivor meta. There's not really any killer perks where you don't have to earn something to get rewarded. Meanwhile You can run Ds, unbreakable, dh and no matter how badly your team fails with decent IQ survivors you will come back.

Like sure say the game isn't survivor sided, it's swf sided when in the reality a 4 solo q team can do almost just as well if they're actually good at the game then further get increased by the perks they almost always run.

• firedaflareforhelp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g28KozjF0AI just wanna put this here for you if you think face camping will ever get fixed lawl