A suggestion to change Healing process and Medkits

1. Make complete Healing process uninterrupted (like breaking totems or sabotaging hooks and traps) - if you stopped for a second, you should start the process all over again. Also increase healing speed, so you would have more chances to patch yourself up without being spotted.
explanation: The only part I don't understand about healing that it's completely safe, you could do it wherever you want, even during the chase - jumping over the pallet, healing for a couple of percents, jumping back and so on. This is really weird, like - don't you need a really safe and quite place for such a delicate work? This would prevent people from healing right infront of the Killer, forcing them to play much more careful. Some changes might happen to "Nurce Calling" perk as well, for this way it would become much stronger.

2. Give medkits CHARGES, which would consume upon healing is completed. Failed skillchecks could consume one charge as well.
explanation: With the first one suggestion this would be needed, so you won't waste your staff if the killer has spotted you during the healing. Also, you won't anymore face problems with impossibility to fully recover with a half-used medkit (like, "why should I waste my medkit to only heal for 75%, I'd better find someone to help me"). Some of medkits, as well as their upgrades, should be changed to suit this suggestion.

Comments

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2018

I like those ideas.

I also thought about changes to Self Care.

So, I had this idea that, if there are any other survivors in the trial, you should be able to heal only for 25/50/75% or 50/50/75%, but on Self Care 1 the heal speed would be much longer. Or maybe 25/33/50%, I'm not sure which one would be more balanced. And when all of the other survivors died/escaped, you could heal yourself fully (maybe only 3 times, but I don't see a point in limited time of being able to heal, since if you get hit as last survivor, you either gonna die or you will escape).
    I know it wouldn't work with your idea of healing being uninterrupted, this is just an idea I had before.
    Plus: I would add a cooldown from being able to heal, after getting injured after we were healed. Overall, not just for Self Care.

Why change it that way?
    It should be team game for survivors, afterall. And maybe it would stop the madness of people healing themselves over and over. It would force the player to get help from other survivors or just running around injured (unless you've got a medkit).
    I think it would also make Medkit seem a bit stronger, without it being buffed.
    The cooldown could be there, so people wouldn't be so "carelss" or so people wouldn't abuse killers that much (especially SWF).
    Another alternative to Self Care, or it could be instead of the cooldown, would be - each time you get healed, it gets slower. So, the more times you've been healed, the slower next healing will be (up to some point, just to not make it 1hr long). It could be some kind of effect, so it wouldn't be forever - after some time the penealty would reset.

So, those are mine ideas. I'm looking forward to hear what you think about it.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

@Najemniczkas said:
    I like those ideas.

I also thought about changes to Self Care.

So, I had this idea that, if there are any other survivors in the trial, you should be able to heal only for 25/50/75% or 50/50/75%, but on Self Care 1 the heal speed would be much longer. Or maybe 25/33/50%, I'm not sure which one would be more balanced. And when all of the other survivors died/escaped, you could heal yourself fully (maybe only 3 times, but I don't see a point in limited time of being able to heal, since if you get hit as last survivor, you either gonna die or you will escape).
    I know it wouldn't work with your idea of healing being uninterrupted, this is just an idea I had before.
    Plus: I would add a cooldown from being able to heal, after getting injured after we were healed. Overall, not just for Self Care.

Why change it that way?
    It should be team game for survivors, afterall. And maybe it would stop the madness of people healing themselves over and over. It would force the player to get help from other survivors or just running around injured (unless you've got a medkit).
    I think it would also make Medkit seem a bit stronger, without it being buffed.
    The cooldown could be there, so people wouldn't be so "carelss" or so people wouldn't abuse killers that much (especially SWF).
    Another alternative to Self Care, or it could be instead of the cooldown, would be - each time you get healed, it gets slower. So, the more times you've been healed, the slower next healing will be (up to some point, just to not make it 1hr long). It could be some kind of effect, so it wouldn't be forever - after some time the penealty would reset.

So, those are mine ideas. I'm looking forward to hear what you think about it.

I really like these ideas. I agree on the fact that Self-Care I and Self-Care II should have slower healing speeds, because once you get Self-Care I, you've got level healing speed across all three tiers, and the only reason you get the other two is for the Med-Kit efficiency, which isn't even that much. There should be a reason other than Med-Kit efficiency that you would want to actually invest in getting Self-Care III.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Yeah these are some good ideas.

Or they could just add 4-6 seconds to the healing time at default too?