Survivors run dead hard, killers run corrupt.

Options

Dead hard is a time saving perk. You activate it, the killer respects it and you die, or you use it wisely and gain an extra 20 seconds in chase.

Corrupt Intervention Is a time saver and located perk. You save time by forcing survivors to go to unblocked gen and you patrol those gens, finding them and forcing them off of gen.

They both cancel out so I don't see why killers are complaining about dead hard or ds every match cause killers essentially have the same meta perks that provide a safety cushion. It all cancels eachother out.

Essentially, you can counter dead hard and decisive strike aswell, while you can't actually counter corrupt. Those are example perks and what I'm trying to get at is why people complain about going against same perks every game. If you know what perks someone is running then you should know how to counter it💀. If you swing at dead hard every time you're clearly not that great of a killer.

Overall killers run surge hook, surge, Corrupt, noed, dead man, deadlock, ruin, etc and survivors use ds, bt, dh, unbreakable, sb, etc. They are all used the same amount by both killers and survivors. They essentially all cancel eachother out

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,169
    Options

I mean you just said it yourself, a wisely used deadhard buys at least 20 seconds, 4 survivors with 3 deadhards a match is 4 minutes of time vs a killers 2 minutes of corrupt

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2022
    Options

Corrupt is 120 seconds at the start of match. Firstly you have to find a survivor, down & hook them. Most likely you'll get 1 hook and 1-2 hits in other survivors during that time. If you hard tunnel and find your first survivor fast you might get 2 hooks and 1-2 hits. You also might lose 1 gen during that time & have 1-2 boon totems up. By the time it's ended you should be in a reasonable position to apply pressure and hopefully have someone on stage 3 hook on the next down. If you mess up and spend too long on 1 chase/down because of extended loops with perks like DH adding 30 seconds or so then you will have no momentum and will most likely lose.

So DH extends the chase by 20 seconds you say, I think it's more like 30 so let's call it 25. You have 4 players using DH & will most likely get 3-4 DH each per game. If they use DH to its full potential like many survivors can these days it's basically 300-400 seconds of combined time saving (as you call it).

Its basically 3-4 times as powerful as a perk like corrupt & we haven't even spoke about the dogs**t glitchy iframe & hit validation issues.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

Apples and Oranges buddy.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Not very comparable. Corrupt is used to compensate for poor killer/map design and unlucky survivor spawns. It’s a one and done perk with solid counterplay which if successfully capitalised on, can alleviate an inherent disadvantage.

DH is a reusable perk with no counterplay, usable by up to four survivors and is designed to undo a survivor’s mistake or a killer’s winning play, and/or to generally extend a chase. It’s a relatively spammable second chance perk which grants unearned free time to each survivor using it whilst stealing well earned pressure from the killer.

They're almost polar opposites when you really think about it.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,292
    Options

God if I could apply corrupt at will each 40 seconds now that would be chaos.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Corrupt works only at the start of the trial and some survivors might not even notice its activation, as luckily not all generators are blocked. Adfitionally survivors might just not get found during that time. The killer also has no control over rhe activation.

Dead hard: press e to extend a chase. Yes, the survi or might screw the timing up, but generous validation made dh quite reliable. They are basically guatanteed to extend the chase, slightly to greatly. Oh and if you manage not to get downed you can use it again after the cooldown.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Having a Corrupt Intervention that activates every 40 seconds would be nice

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

wow...

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Good thing I don't use either.

I can ######### about both.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,181
    edited March 2022
    Options

I'm just trying to say that killers use the same perks every game as survivor. And maybe corrupt was a bad example, but what about surge hook or starstruck or any other very commonly used killer perk that is considered "meta."

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Corrupt every 40 seconds? Isn't that like... dead man's switch?

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 133
    Options

Borrowed Time is meta but you don't see hundreds of threads about that, there are specific reasons why Dead Hard is complained about. Something simply being meta isn't why people complain about it, it's that it removes any agency from a competent killer in chase against a competent survivor. There are so many scenarios you'll find yourself in as both killer and survivor that will have you think "I can do this if they don't have dead hard" and "I could've made that if I had dead hard", it warps the entire experience of the game around the perk.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Kinda get the idea but they def do not cancel each other out.

• jarjargist21
    jarjargist21 Member Posts: 444
    Options

You can't compare dead hard to corrupt, for one corrupt only last for so long at the start of the game which only effects 3 generators and dead hard you have it rest of the game.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    Options

Corrupt is a one time use, dead hard is every 40 seconds get out of jail free card.

Corrupt just stop survivors spawning at a generator and completing it before you've even had one chase.