How to play RPD as an M1 Killer

shalo
shalo Member Posts: 1,520

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Comments

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Even if I wasn't expecting to win, I would still play the game instead of waiting for another match. That would be a waste of my time.

I mean I don't know how it feels to lose because I always 4k with perkless clown on every map. Kappa.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

I’ve only done this one time when I was a sub 100 hour killer main, vs a flashlight SWF as Ghostly on The Game where I couldn’t stay in stealth for more than a few seconds. I didn’t really see it as giving up though. It was one of my first few matches on him and I just wanted to get into a reasonable match to practice. So I went and crouched in a corner facing the wall and then opened the gate. At least they left without rubbing it in lol.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Wrong. Camp and tunnel the absolute poo out of the first survivor you find, while aggressively 3 genning if it was available. Especially since you had endfury, a solid tunneling combo.

The rest of your build isn't optimal for it but you could have easily secured a 2k. Surge is a joke, PR is a joke without other supporting perks.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

I know the layout, I just don't like the way it feels to play M1 killer on RPD. Too much Work. The map was designed for slower run speed (play RE:2 demo). I miss Hawkins, that had decent turns and corridors for the faster run speed DbD has.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

RPD is one of my favorite maps for Wraith. I just throw on the xray vision addon and have a wonderful time, since I know the layout. 🙃

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

RPD is great for stealth killers

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Maybe if you bought another pinhead nft this wouldn't be an issue op

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Camp/proxy basement

Get a down in the first minute

get a decent gen spread, while holding the Main Lobby for as long as possible

sometimes you got to take weird pathing.

I do fine on RPD, even on some weaker killers like Legion. I run Starstruck on them so Booners are still at risk

killers like Demo, Twins, Leatherface and Huntress can do really well here because there is little room to dodge their powers.

Even Sadako has been having a decent time here from my experience.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Would rather lose trying than just give up at the start.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

I know the layout by memory and I do not give up nor dc on the map, yet I hold the opinion is the worst map on the game, pallets are either useless or god pallets, mindgames on that map are boring, fun killers like billy or blight have the fun part of the power destroyed.

Furthermore exit gate placement is bad, the map has exelent boon placement so COH will be usable in multiple floors while many structures limit the killers access to the boon, windows are useless as only one of them is safe and it leads to an incredibly safe loop.

The critisism of RPD isn't just made by people who don't know the layout, the map is a horrible designed map for a match of dbd.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Knowing the layout helps.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

And even then the survivors will stand in the exit gate until the last second of the end game collapse just to taunt you.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Literally, I could not do that, just sit in a coner waiting, you never know what'll happen until you try

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

I agree - I love this map much better than cornfields and swamps to me. Once you get the layout learned it becomes really small.

Even as Legion and Huntress or other slow loud killers I do well on it. It works against survivors as much as the killer.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Sadako, Pig, Ghost Face, Myers, Wraith, all M1 killers, all good on RPD

Maybe instead of complaining and giving up, learn the map, learn how to play it

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

I concur. I never mind getting it as Mikey, especially as I usually have dead rabbit on.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited March 2022

I agree, I don't blame the map for me not knowing the layout as well as I should. And the times I do get in the swing of things on the layout I do ok on RPD.

That said, that one Boon spot at the top of the library is kind of a pain. 😠

• ThisLittleWiggy
    ThisLittleWiggy Member Posts: 14

Force the 3 gen. Pick a side of the map and stay there, don't bother trying to patrol the whole place. Done.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Reads the title

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

All it takes is one person bringing CoH into the trial and that map becomes literally unwinnable. The worst possible totem spot has to be the top level of the library which is an extreme pain in the ass to break, it's simply not worth wasting your time to get up there.

• omegalul
    omegalul Member Posts: 47

If i see a RPD offering my game will crash and if i am unlucky to get this map without an offering i will go afk or DC.

I'm never gonna play serious on this piece of garbage.