Dear Nurse mains, how do you counter dh?

Options

Im learning nurse atm and i have big problems dealing with dh. Do you have any advice?

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Blink near them, pause and then swing.

Or blink near them, if they use DH early, then fatigue without swinging (swinging increases fatigue by 1s). Then catch them again.

• Roadrunner
    Roadrunner Member Posts: 139
    Options

Is there a way to see where my blink will go or do i have to use the add on for this?

• AlbinoViera
    AlbinoViera Member Posts: 169
    Options

If you absolutely need to see where you're blink will go, then the addon is the only way.

Don't recommend using it though, since it can mess up your muscle memory.

An addon you might be interested in using would be wooden horse. Which can lesson the pain of DH a small bit.

Whatever you choose, the main and only thing you can really do would be as said above, blink near as though you will attack, and wait for the DH.

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

Blink on top of them, wait a bit, they mostly will use E and then use the second blink to down them. You can also use perks like Fearmonger, on nurse is very good.

• TruEternity
    TruEternity Member Posts: 320
    Options

Really no easy answer, the best being accurate with your first blink. If you can blink within lunge distance after your first blink you can bait DH or land a quick hit if they don’t expect it and have bad reactions.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

People say that, but there's no possible way I could learn Nurse without it. At least at the very beginning, to help learn the mechanics of controlling where you go, different levels, etc. Before I found out about flannel, I just considered Nurse impossible.

And I'm not very good at nurse, so I'm not proving you wrong, I'm just saying the addon makes it possible for me to try. I've never used crosshairs of any kind, and I'm a decent Huntress, but Nurse is on a different level of aiming. Even with flannels I sometimes end up wondering where the hell I went.

I'm sure you're right, learning correctly is important in lots of skills, but if the skill is completely out of reach without the training wheels, I think the re-learning is better than never learning. Nurse is hard.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Just don't hit early if you know they have Dead Hard. Missing hit will add more cool-down, so don't do this. You have not so much against Dead Hard as Nurse. You have to bait but smart survivors will use it after your second blink.

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183
    Options

used the add on and go great then I tried to not run the add one and kinda went better

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Oh boy.

1. Blink on top of them and bait DH out for 2nd blink

2. Use her Iri addon

3. Instantly attack after a blink so they can't react to it with DH.

I guess the watch addon might help for 1.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    Options

Never use addons when training as nurse, without addons it only takes a few games to get used to it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Be patient and make an accurate first blink, then wait out the DH and hit them on the chain blink. It's much easier to deal with when you know a survivor has it. If they DH too early, you can usually still lunge and hit them before you fatigue if your blink was super accurate.