Prove Thyself problem

I get that this perk needed a buff and I'm sure everyone is ok with it, but for the love of god, do you devs even check how high values can go if Prove Thyself stacks up with toolboxes? A gen can get done in 15.8 seconds, and that's with toolboxes without add-ons. I'm not saying this should be nerfed, but there HAS to be a cap for all this stackable values, or we will never be able to get good perks without breaking the game and ruining our opponent's experience. Change it so that it doesn't stacks up with toolboxes or so that gens have a determinated fastest time to get done (let's say that the fastest you can repair a gen is 30 seconds, and none perk, item or add-on stacked together can repair it faster than that; just create a cap to stackable values).
For the love of god I ask you devs, the principal problem of the game are things that are too OP/broken. As you know gens getting done too quickly is one of them, so the last thing I -and I'm sure I can talk for the community in this case- is making that problem even worse. So PLEASE add a cap. 
Thank You :)

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,871

Is this just theoretical, or have you actually done this? What conditions are required for a generator to be completed in 15.8 seconds?

• Maximus7
    Maximus7 Member Posts: 441

Basically have two other survivors on this gen: https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantEasyMilkJKanStyle

• CyanideCandy
    CyanideCandy Member Posts: 30
    I completely agree. Honestly I'm still wondering who thought this change was a good idea. Is there NOONE on the dev team who checks numbers when they suggest changes like this? People have been saying for ages that gens get done too fast and you give them one of the most powerful gen speed buffs ever in the form of a perk? Really? I agree it needed a buff but honestly, this change is ridiculous. 
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Prove Thyself doesn’t even cancel out the inefficiency penalty applied on multiple survivors working together. The toolbox speed has always been there and been the same, and it could have been worse with leader, which with enough survivors truly countered the inefficiency penalty.
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Prove Thyself doesn’t even cancel out the inefficiency penalty applied on multiple survivors working together. The toolbox speed has always been there and been the same, and it could have been worse with leader, which with enough survivors truly countered the inefficiency penalty.
  • Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

And? Its requiers 4 survivors and it takes 15 seconds? Like in the good old days, you could just put a Brand new part on and instantly make a gen alone. And if the killer allows 4 survivors to be on a gen, then the killer should:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Oooooof said:
    And? Its requiers 4 survivors and it takes 15 seconds? Like in the good old days, you could just put a Brand new part on and instantly make a gen alone. And if the killer allows 4 survivors to be on a gen, then the killer should:

BNP was nerfed for a reason