Killer's that tunnel you

Can you please make it so killer's are less likely to tunnel you, im tired of playing games where i get hooked and as soon as im unhook killer's with dart straight for me again, you should make it so killer's lose alot more BP for tunneling someone who they just gotten hooked. i find it unfair that there desire is to kill someone quick without hooking someone else yet. it honestly makes the game dull. like if you get unhooked and a killer swats you down again with in like 20/30 secs maybe more they lose like 10% or 20% of there blood points earned for tunneling. there def needs to be a penalty for that, samething with face camping, granted you lose 1% plus more which the highest i have seen was 4% but seriously need to go harder on these penalties on killer's.

Comments

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited January 2019

There's nothing you can do since Killers are the one who dictates the rules of a game. If it decides to camp/tunnel/play dirty you don't have a right to decide on what is right and what is wrong.

The only suggestion I can give you is to learn how to properly loop and try to waste as much as time as possible. If I happen to get camped/tunneled this means I did my job as a survivor and the others will escape freely.

... Unless there's NOED.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

So punish the Killer for playing correctly? You should sign up for the dev team with A1 ideas like this little beauty.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,079

Two problems with getting tunneled:

1st: Sometimes Survivors decide to unhook you 2 seconds after you got hooked. Mostly for WGLF (terrible Perk..). It is not the Killers fault at this point, when the Survivor cannot wait until the Killers gone, its his fault.

2nd: If someone unhooks you and simply hides as soon as possible, leaving you as the only target for the Killer, he has a good "excuse" to go after you. So when unhooking someone, dont disappear and let the unhooked person get the Aggro again.

Ofcourse sometimes if both of those things get avoided, the Killer simply want to go after you, because you are either the Injured one, or an easier target, because he has a quick chase. But that is also not the Killers fault.

And, tbh - it does not happen as often as people are saying. I play almost Survivor Only, and the games that I get tunneled are not that common, and I am not really good at chases.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Honestly I can see the appeal for Tunneling at this point, Gens are done so fast that it's a huge help to get someone out of the game asap.
    Personally I'll only Tunnel if someone unhooks right as I'm walking away or if you're the only person I can find. Seeing an injured person and choosing not to go after them is basically throwing the game.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@hydranotix said:
    Can you please make it so killer's are less likely to tunnel you, im tired of playing games where i get hooked and as soon as im unhook killer's with dart straight for me again, you should make it so killer's lose alot more BP for tunneling someone who they just gotten hooked. i find it unfair that there desire is to kill someone quick without hooking someone else yet. it honestly makes the game dull. like if you get unhooked and a killer swats you down again with in like 20/30 secs maybe more they lose like 10% or 20% of there blood points earned for tunneling. there def needs to be a penalty for that, samething with face camping, granted you lose 1% plus more which the highest i have seen was 4% but seriously need to go harder on these penalties on killer's.

Only if survivors are punished for tunneling gens

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited January 2019

@LTrovao said:
    So you want to punish the killer for not being stupid?? Or do you change gens each 33% so you won't "tunnel" it?

You can't tunnel gens. It's more compared to looping I don't believe you can pip if you waste the killer's time the entire game. If you can, you shouldn't.

@Master You can't "tunnel" gens. That sentiment is ridiculous. That's like saying you're tunneling hooks by using a certain one. That is the equivalent. You're thinking of looping as both include another party and not an object in the game.

• Master

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:
    So you want to punish the killer for not being stupid?? Or do you change gens each 33% so you won't "tunnel" it?

You can't tunnel gens. It's more compared to looping I don't believe you can pip if you waste the killer's time the entire game. If you can, you shouldn't.

@Master You can't "tunnel" gens. That sentiment is ridiculous. That's like saying you're tunneling hooks by using a certain one. That is the equivalent. You're thinking of looping as both include another party and not an object in the game.

Of course you can tunnel gens.
    You could not-tunnel gens and stop repairing at 66% and switch to a new gen, thats basically teh same you want from a killer when you ask for non-tunnel gameplay.

• fluffybunny

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

You could not-tunnel gens and stop repairing at 66% and switch to a new gen, thats basically teh same you want from a killer when you ask for non-tunnel gameplay.

Tunneling is what happens in a chase. You can't chase an motionless object. No, the same would be not going to the strong loops and not wasting so much time. There isn't really any infinites anymore, but I do believe some of the loops are still pretty strong. Repeatedly going there would be the same as tunneling as both involves another party and both are indicative of the other.

• Master

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

Tunneling is what happens in a chase. You can't chase an motionless object. No, the same would be not going to the strong loops and not wasting so much time. There isn't really any infinites anymore, but I do believe some of the loops are still pretty strong. Repeatedly going there would be the same as tunneling as both involves another party and both are indicative of the other.

Tunneling doesnt happen during a chase, it happens before the chase when the killer chooses his target.
    tunneling is the killer choosing the target that has been hooked already instead of a fresh survivor.

same applies for gens. When reaching 66% (2nd hook state) you could run to a new gen (chase another survivor) or you could complete the gen you already repaired (chase the alreadey hooked survivor)

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Yeah it's unfun, but it's a good strategy for the killer to eliminate a survivor, so gens get done at a slower pace. It's also the killers objective to get kills and tunneling does a better job at this, rather than making sure everyone gets hooked evenly.
  • fluffybunny
    edited January 2019

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

Tunneling doesnt happen during a chase, it happens before the chase when the killer chooses his target.
    tunneling is the killer choosing the target that has been hooked already instead of a fresh survivor.

same applies for gens. When reaching 66% (2nd hook state) you could run to a new gen (chase another survivor) or you could complete the gen you already repaired (chase the alreadey hooked survivor)

The same applies to where you go to loop. It makes no sense to compare it to generators. That's like saying don't go to the hook right next to you to give survivors a chance to wiggle off. You're gonna go to the nearest hook as survivors are going to go to the gens that are closest to done as that's closer to their goal being done. Likewise, you may not kick and stick around a gen with little to no progress, but you probably are going to give a good look around if the gen is almost done. You hurt your argument when you compare it to something that it doesn't make sense to compare it to. It's completely valid to be upset by looping and to compare camping and tunneling to looping strong spots. That's why it happens half of the time, after all.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Killers suffer emblem lose if they let you get the safe save, if they are trying to rank then letting you go is only making it harder.
  • Master

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

The same applies to where you go to loop. It makes no sense to compare it to generators. That's like saying don't go to the hook right next to you to give survivors a chance to wiggle off. You're gonna go to the nearest hook as survivors are going to go to the gens that are closest to done as that's closer to their goal being done. Likewise, you may not kick and stick around a gen with little to no progress, but you probably are going to give a good look around if the gen is almost done. You hurt your argument when you compare it to something that it doesn't make sense to compare it to. It's completely valid to be upset by looping and to compare camping and tunneling to looping strong spots. That's why it happens half of the time, after all.

Eh yeah well whatever, I give up.

• fluffybunny

@LTrovao said:
    Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

Nothing much you can do about that [BAD WORD] up logic, huh? Hahahaha

The only messed up logic I see is his, but okay. I'm making sense, not my fault you guys aren't.

• Master

@LTrovao said:
    Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

Nothing much you can do about that [BAD WORD] up logic, huh? Hahahaha

Nah I know when its pointless trying to argue with someone.

• Evilblade0
    Evilblade0 Member Posts: 8
    I think survivors get a weapon to be able to fight back to two stun the Killer it not fair killer getting all up grades
  • CyanideCandy
    CyanideCandy Member Posts: 30

@Evilblade0 said:
    I think survivors get a weapon to be able to fight back to two stun the Killer it not fair killer getting all up grades

No.

• Master

@Evilblade0 said:

I would like to see that too, woudl be kinda funny to see what killer AI BHVR will come up with

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Master said:

@fluffybunny said:

@LTrovao said:

You could not-tunnel gens and stop repairing at 66% and switch to a new gen

Just wanted to say that I love this comparison very much!

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

My comment on Killers hitting the one who was just unhooked is this: don't unhook people when the Killer is nearby. If you do, they can hit whomever they want. Just my personal opinion on this.

• Evilblade0
    Evilblade0 Member Posts: 8

i agree almo it no cool

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Don't get caught or play killer.
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@Dspigroach said:
    Of course the killer is going to go for the person who just got unhooked, they're a one hit whereas the others are still usually two hits. 

It's not even "tunneling" it's common sense. 

Oh it's tunneling when they wait nearby for the unhook so they can race back to it. They should just camp, least those guys are owning what they are doing not trying to speed up the sacrifice timer.