Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Two Perk Game

KingSiege45
KingSiege45 Member Posts: 138

In this you will chose between two perks. Choose which you think is stronger and then I'll set it up against another perk next week. Meme answers are to be expected.

Two Perk Game 29 votes

Dead Hard
75%
GibberishF60_31tenoresaxScary_Punk_GhostValikFilthyLegionMainSakurraGreyBigfootLeRauxeDhurl421CheeseAntondinomazingGuiltiisyainKuinzuAcelynnBeneaebreeJamnJellyErendriel_00Abrichaem 22 votes
Sprint Burst
24%
brokedownpalaceAven_FallenPSPTrickstaaaaaAurelleGibusNursery 7 votes

Comments

• Nursery
    Nursery Member Posts: 5
    Sprint Burst

Dead Hard is overused perk. I think I will run Sprint burst.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Dead Hard

As someone who has played a LOT of killer, I don't remember many times where Sprint Burst is used to elicit genuine frustration as it single handedly wins trials. It can come in handy - but if I'm devoted to a survivor, ok - they beat me to a loop, but I down them anyway with a mind game. Oh, they ran away before I could kill them? That's ok - they left their injured friend in the dust. They used their Sprint burst to take a protection hit? Okay, easy money. They had it 99% and went for a risky unhook into BT and used Sprint Burst to evade me as I close in on them? Bold, but very rare. Even in those circumstances I just leave them be and go to bother someone else. Actually saves me a lot of time - lets me know if I should commit or not at the very beginning. I sure see a lot of it at hooks, though - people coming off of hooks without exhaustion and they instantly start running, but it's never good practice to hit the freshly unhooked survivor... and more often than not they either sprint right into my hands or leave their allies in the dust for me to sweep up. Sprint Burst, from a killer's perspective, is good - but it really isn't all THAT good.

Dead Hard gives the player invincibility on command and can edge out chases, deny killers a guaranteed down, circumvent obstacles, prolong a chase by an additional loop cycle, etc.

It has infinite more reliability and utility to Sprint Burst - I've seen unhooked survivors use s Dead Hard to jump in front of their ally to tank a NOED hit with their BT Endurance - can't ignore collision with Sprint Burst. I've seen pro survivors use it to bait out a hit by Dead Hard-ing into a wall for the I-frames to avoid a huntress Hatchet, I've seen survivors escape a deadly Trapper trap by dashing over and through it. Survivors have used this perk to make my Deathslinger Spear cut through them ineffectually and foil my Victor pounces.

Not to mention the fact that it single handedly counters S tier killers such as Nurse and Blight.

You can use Dead Hard to dash through a zombie and leave the Nemesis unable to pass without killing them.

You can use Dead Hard to dash through a Bubba and make him chainsaw the wall for a quick stun.

You can Dead Hard after a risky unhook to force the unhooked survivor to take the hit with their Endurance.

You can use Dead Hard to turn a 48 second chase into a 72 second chase.

You can use it to ignore hatchets, spears, Oni rushes, chainsaws, Meyers grabs, Victor pounces, Plague vomit, Artist Crows, Nemesis tentacles, Cenobite chains, Executone's trails, traps, pallet displacement, killer body blocks, Hindered status effects, Doctor blasts, and much much more.

You cannot do any of these things with Sprint Burst.

• Erendriel_00
    Erendriel_00 Member Posts: 30
    Dead Hard

As a killer I'm so bored of getting a whole surv team wwith the same copy paste meta perks.

So much that when I play surv and I have even one meta perk I feel dirty. (but I'm so bad a surv that I end using it wrong)

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Dead Hard

Sprint burst isn't a problem for anyone, nobody complains about it, mainly because it actually has a counter

which just cut them off or just wait for it to run out, while dead hard pulls so much bs that u just wanna alt f4

• dinomazing
    dinomazing Member Posts: 119
    Dead Hard

DH is clearly stronger. The amount of versatility it offers can't be matched.

But Sprint Burst is more fun.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Sprint Burst

Sprint Burst is actually very strong when used effectively. But it actually takes skill to use effectively.

That and I just find SB more fun to use.