Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Event spoiler

Lunar event spoiler 
The description for leader in Spanish has the event objectives listed

You can get gold coins in the Lunar Event by completing objectives from the event, which you can use to buy clothes.

Survivor

+4 points when a generator is repaired

+20 points when escaping with a lunar recipient

Killer

+1 for hooking a survivor

+3 for destroying a lunar recipient after hooking a survivor

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

sounds good to me.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    Spanish people won’t know what Leader does though.
    Can we get an F for all the Spanish who can’t read what Leader does?
  • paul_denson
    paul_denson Member Posts: 27

as well technical

• FoggyWeather_
    FoggyWeather_ Member Posts: 163

And the Offerings for this event are the same as the ones from the Howling Ground, the Red Envelopes.

Yesterday I looked at them after the patch and the description is updated too.

Here's the description for the new offering (in the spoiler):

Calls upon The Entity to generate 1 Lunar Vessel.

As a Killer, hook a Survivor to corrupt the Vessels in the Trial and make them temporarily destructible. Destroying a Vessel earns Moonrise progress and bonus Bloodpoints

As a Survivor, escape the Trial with a Vessel. Escaping with a Vessel earn Moonrise progress and bonus Bloodpoints Stacks.

Only playable during the Moonrise Event.

Completing the Moonrise Event will earn you Golden Coins for use in the Store.

NOTE: During the Event, 2 default Lunar Vessels will spawn on the Map.

"The Red Envelope is filled with crisp, new bills that bring luck and happiness."

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@FoggyWeather_ said:
    And the Offerings for this event are the same as the ones from the Howling Ground, the Red Envelopes.

As a Killer, hook a Survivor to corrupt the Vessels in the Trial and make them temporarily destructible. Destroying a Vessel earns Moonrise progress and bonus Bloodpoints

I hope I'm wrong but this reads as if there could be a problem gameplay-wise:

If the killer has to hook a survivor in order to be able to destroy a Vessel, the survivors will most likely have collected the Vessels already before the killer could destroy them.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    weirdkid5 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Is it just me or does this seem terribly favored towards survivors?

You mean like everything else the game has to offer?

But this is way to much. The numbers can't be right. 
    Otherwise no one will play killer during the event. 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Tsulan said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@Tsulan said:

Well honestly I can't say I'm surprised.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    This has been on the DbD wiki for a while now. 
  • Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    How did that sneak in?

Btw, how do you say "pretty good job so far" in Spanish?
  • Tsulan
    Milord said:
    How did that sneak in?

Btw, how do you say "pretty good job so far" in Spanish?
    Buen trabajo hasta ahora. 
  • Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

Buen trabajo hasta ahora

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2019

@Judgement said:
    Spanish people won’t know what Leader does though.
    Can we get an F for all the Spanish who can’t read what Leader does?

I am from Spain and also know how to speak English, do not worry, it was me who notified the bug, also I have seen the mid patch stream so I know what leader do hahahahah

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Tsulan said:
    I think unless you play nurse to down survivors quick you will have a hard time doing the second objective as killer. 
    Well, seems like either nurse 24/7 or just playing survivor lol
  • Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Curious to know how many points are required. If the goals are separate like the last lunar event, the killer requirements were significantly less than survivor.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

@Supernaut said:
    Curious to know how many points are required. If the goals are separate like the last lunar event, the killer requirements were significantly less than survivor.

It has to be this way. Otherwise those 20 points are way to huge.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    So you're telling me when Killers already have time crunches we have to spend our time looking for vessels to break.

Which made you can only be broken after we get the hook so we have to disrupt the flow of our progress to break these objectives.

Also on average survivors will still be getting more points than us because not only are we wasting time giving them time to do gens which gives them points but if they manage to escape with the vessels they get a huge boost in points.

Well damn looks looks like I literally have no reason to play Killer during is event especially considering if they make it a maximum campaign point pool the eventually did with the hollow blight I could just get all my coins playing Survivor.
  • raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

If the killer has to hook a survivor in order to be able to destroy a Vessel, the survivors will most likely have collected the Vessels already before the killer could destroy them.

I would guess that hooking a survivor who has a vessel makes them drop it so the Killer can destroy it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    I think unless you play nurse to down survivors quick you will have a hard time doing the second objective as killer. 
    Well, seems like either nurse 24/7 or just playing survivor lol
    I'll play survivor. Way easier. 
    Depending on when the event starts, I might be playing RE2 tho.
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

According to the DbD Wiki corrupted Vessels might return to their starting point. So the only way to prevent them to be destroyed is by avoiding hooks, "rush" gens, grab a vessel and go out as quick as possible before somebody else gets hooked. If that the case, we will see a lot more Noed, DS, Sabo.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Sounds like we're getting tons of very interesting matches during the Event! Hehe!

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Tsulan said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@Tsulan said:

I would like to see the reveal before we can say that this is too much to handle... on paper we can easily say this is far too survivor favored.... hopefully in game it's much different 
  • Tsulan

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

According to the DbD Wiki corrupted Vessels might return to their starting point. So the only way to prevent them to be destroyed is by avoiding hooks, "rush" gens, grab a vessel and go out as quick as possible before somebody else gets hooked. If that the case, we will see a lot more Noed, DS, Sabo.

Sounds like Howling Grounds.
    If it's like that, I'll pass.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

So is the vessel gonna be an object you need to carry as a survivor. Meaning Franklins is gonna be popular?

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    So you're telling me when Killers already have time crunches we have to spend our time looking for vessels to break.

Which made you can only be broken after we get the hook so we have to disrupt the flow of our progress to break these objectives.

Also on average survivors will still be getting more points than us because not only are we wasting time giving them time to do gens which gives them points but if they manage to escape with the vessels they get a huge boost in points.

Well damn looks looks like I literally have no reason to play Killer during is event especially considering if they make it a maximum campaign point pool the eventually did with the hollow blight I could just get all my coins playing Survivor.

TBH Survivors getting more points in the event might be a better thing. Last event killers were or felt like, they were getting more points so the queue times for killers was brutal. Which led to a bunch of other problems with people being able to complete the event.

So hopefully people will be more spread out on which side they will play most during the event.

• Bravo0413
    Tsulan said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

PTSD :'(
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Tsulan said:

maybe it is me but why does the killer have to destroy vessels. Killers are already limited by time. Just base their score on hooks and not event hooks.

• Tsulan
    Bravo0413 said:
    Tsulan said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

My left eye still starts twitching when I think about that event.
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Have they said anything about a start date?
  • Freudentrauma

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

maybe it is me but why does the killer have to destroy vessels. Killers are already limited by time. Just base their score on hooks and not event hooks.

Because they want survivor and killers to compete during the event and make it a challenge for survivors to escape with a vessel. The 20+ point gain is already a good indication for that thought process. But let's wait and see how the event will look like at the end.

• Tsulan

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

Because they want survivor and killers to compete during the event and make it a challenge for survivors to escape with a vessel. The 20+ point gain is already a good indication for that thought process. But let's wait and see how the event will look like at the end.

Both sides should be able to gain the coins at roughly the same rate. Right now it sounds like survivor is easier. 
  • Neska
    Neska Member Posts: 132

I don't really like the concept of having to survive for more points.. I mean I totally get it; it's the point of a survivor to survive, but I feel like I had more fun during the Hallowed Blight event, because I could make my (easy) points and didn't have to gen rush (survive) to get the max points during a game, I got my flowers and then I was doing gens & didn't cared about surviving much, even without a event I feel kind of pressured to get the 5k survive points, but during the Hallowed Blight I didn't had that pressure and it was nice.. Besides that, I always felt like Killers have to try harder for their points than survivors, which is why I didn't bother playing Killer during the last two events since I'm not good at it, so hooking survivors on special hooks wasn't the easiest..

• fcc2014

@Tsulan said:

Both sides should be able to gain the coins at roughly the same rate. Right now it sounds like survivor is easier. 

I'm not a fan of the killer having to look for a vessel after hooking a survivor to break it for 3 points/coins whatever. Time is essential and as you stated the grind looks easier for survivors than killers. Obviously survivors won't get out every round with 1 but if 7 vessels are broke by a killer that is 21 points not including hooks. Unless the survivors are potatoes you are not getting such a long match. Event matches are usually much shorter than average matches in my experience playing both sides.

• Neska

@fcc2014 said: Event matches are usually much shorter than average matches in my experience playing both sides.

I felt like during the Hallowed Blight, the matches were longer, because most survivors didn't worked on gens but were looking for flowers. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't played killer that event because of the waiting times, but the matches felt longer and I think I didn't even escaped as much since gens were worked on so late..

But I agree that the killer doesn't have time to destroy vessels, especially if the survivors try to do the gens as fast as possible to escape with a vessel themselfes..

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Neska said:

@fcc2014 said: Event matches are usually much shorter than average matches in my experience playing both sides.

I felt like during the Hallowed Blight, the matches were longer, because most survivors didn't worked on gens but were looking for flowers. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't played killer that event because of the waiting times, but the matches felt longer and I think I didn't even escaped as much since gens were worked on so late..

But I agree that the killer doesn't have time to destroy vessels, especially if the survivors try to do the gens as fast as possible to escape with a vessel themselfes..

You are right every game was very longer but the point is this, if they do another event like halloween everyone will fill the bar and then suicide on the hook, i think this event will be better and not unpleyable as the precedent one
  • Tsulan
    Neska said:

But those vessels were easier for survivors. No need to do gens. Make the offer, collect the nectar with others in seconds and get a ton of points. Even if you don't collect them yourself. 
  • Neska

@xChrisx said: You are right every game was very longer but the point is this, if they do another event like halloween everyone will fill the bar and then suicide on the hook, i think this event will be better and not unpleyable as the precedent one

Kinda true.. I had to take a break after I had my serum on survivor side, because no gens were getting done and it was annoying to do gens alone half the game, personally I didn't had anyone who suicided on the hook, maybe I was just lucky or it was so rare that I don't remember..

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Tsulan said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@Tsulan said:

Suits me. I love lobbies filling up with my victims fast.
  • Neska

@Tsulan said: But those vessels were easier for survivors. No need to do gens. Make the offer, collect the nectar with others in seconds and get a ton of points. Even if you don't collect them yourself. 

Maybe I liked it so much because it was like an alternate game mode for me, I didn't had to sit on gens half the game and then escape for another 5k that I would never see if I don't escape(that's btw the only thing why I want to escape in this game, because of the 5k bp).. As for killer; I already said that I wish they wouldn't need to hook people for nectar or whatever because I feel like it's more stressing than sucking some flowers.. maybe they should've gave the killer some flowers too, i don't know..

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Neska said:

@Tsulan said: But those vessels were easier for survivors. No need to do gens. Make the offer, collect the nectar with others in seconds and get a ton of points. Even if you don't collect them yourself. 

Maybe I liked it so much because it was like an alternate game mode for me, I didn't had to sit on gens half the game and then escape for another 5k that I would never see if I don't escape(that's btw the only thing why I want to escape in this game, because of the 5k bp).. As for killer; I already said that I wish they wouldn't need to hook people for nectar or whatever because I feel like it's more stressing than sucking some flowers.. maybe they should've gave the killer some flowers too, i don't know..

The problem is that Killers do not have anywhere near enough time these days.

With 2.5.0, Gen Rush will be more off an issue than ever before as Prove Thyself now looks like a very attractive choice, especially for the Event.

The Killer already has very little time to fulfil their regular objective and now also have to locate and destroy vessels to get most of their points.
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    If it is survivor against killer for vessels isnt this going to bring back the deranking issue as surely many survivors and many killers are just going to derank to face lesser opponents and get there vessels easier and quicker. 
  • Neska

@DocOctober said:
    Neska said:

The problem is that Killers do not have anywhere near enough time these days.

With 2.5.0, Gen Rush will be more off an issue than ever before as Prove Thyself now looks like a very attractive choice, especially for the Event.

The Killer already has very little time to fulfil their regular objective and now also have to locate and destroy vessels to get most of their points.

I know, I said myself that they don't have the time for destroying vessels a few comments before.. That's why I don't understand why they make it so you actually WANT to escape as a survivors this event.. with the Hallowed Blight event, survivors didn't even looked at gens before they had their nectar, because it didn't made a difference for the event if you escaped or not, but if you get 20 points for escaping with a vessel, that makes toolboxes+prove thyself very attractive..

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Scgamecock86 said:

Near the end of january so soonTM

• Freudentrauma

@Tsulan said:
    Freudentrauma said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

Yeah, that bothers me as well. We might even see a huge amount of dodges and long survivor queue times. I'm not positive either. I just rely on the wait and see approach, because stuff might still change until the event start. A small 2.5.1 patch might still be possible. At least I hope for a few bugfixes. Game is just so unstable lately for enjoying an event anyway.

• Bravo0413
    Tsulan said:
    Bravo0413 said:
    Tsulan said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

My left eye still starts twitching when I think about that event.

You know if i'm not mistaken next month it will be a year since that sad time...... I think I'll make a RIH (rest in hell) thread for it 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@NoShinyPony said:

@FoggyWeather_ said:

@fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

When killers hook one guy, the event thingy’s are sucked out of all four survivors inventories and corrupted. The survivors must then rush back to get them, and the hooked guy definitely won’t get his.

• fcc2014

@Jack11803 said:

When killers hook one guy, the event thingy’s are sucked out of all four survivors inventories and corrupted. The survivors must then rush back to get them, and the hooked guy definitely won’t get his.

So all 4 get taken even from the survivors not hooked? So from a survivor perspective Gen rush like crazy and than get your vessel. If you spend time getting your vessel and concentrate on generators it will be all for nothing. The salt may fly during this event if these mechanics are true.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@fcc2014 said:

@Jack11803 said:

So all 4 get taken even from the survivors not hooked? So from a survivor perspective Gen rush like crazy and than get your vessel. If you spend time getting your vessel and concentrate on generators it will be all for nothing. The salt may fly during this event if these mechanics are true.

Yup, event description is on my dusty ass howling grounds letter

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    I hope today later the stream