The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Anyone Else Hoping To See Some Onryo Buffs In Midchapter?

StarLost
StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Otherwise, were looking at maybe 3-6 months until she gets the help she needs.

Otz recently did a tier list, and - as a 'hard' killer - you'd expect her to actually start to shine with someone who plays this game semi-professionally. Nope, he rates her towards the bottom end of C tier.

Keep in mind that this means she's sharing ground with 2 killers getting a rework soon, 3 killers widely considered 'meme' killers and Freddy.

Shouldn't we be focused on getting killers up to 'B' tier at least?

Comments

• StarLost

I wouldn't go that far. She's better than Trapper, probably Pig. Excepting GF and Legion (as their reworks look interesting), I'd say that yeah - Trapper, Pig, maybe Clown. So that puts her about on par with Freddy, either heading up 'D' tier or low 'C'.

The more I play her personally, and the more I see survivors starting to intelligently turn off a handful of TVs during the match - she's pretty crap.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited April 2022

She should get movement speed 4.8 m/s and Being able to walk through pallet and walls.

Post edited by Cameragosha on
  • MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited April 2022

At least trapper can nullify some loops and get instant downs, she just teleports and that's it.

And even that she sucks at compared to demo.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I'm not a big fan of tier lists being used to as a way to judge killer strength, but I agree with the sentiment.

Sadako is still very weak and any buffs to her would be nice. Preferably to Condemned so you don't have to use the Iridescent Tape just to make it a threat.

• StarLost

Eh...I'd rather have her camera raised slightly, have some of her addons baked in (so tired of mandatory browns and yellows) and maybe give her phasing for a while after emerging from a TV.

Phasing through pallets is a cute idea, but it would basically be remaking the killer. And, rightfully or wrongfully, I don't think BHVR have, would or ever will do that for a killer.

I think they are useful. Balance is relative.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The devs already said they're not planning to change her this soon after release, they want to give the meta more time to settle with her and continue collecting data for a couple months.

Which is fine, she's not literally broken, she's perfectly playable. I even like her slightly better than Wraith. But hey, if statistically she needs a buff I wouldn't turn it down! 🙂

• StarLost

Which is...honestly pretty daft. Trickster was released in a pretty wretched state too - but got a lot of fiddling trying to make him decent.

Onryo has a lot of stuff I like - but far too much comes down to her visual and audio design. Mechanically...she feels 3 years out of date. With how sophisticated survivors have gotten, even at intermediate levels - a killer with no reliable antiloop, a janky pseudo-stealth inferior to almost any other stealth in the game and a mediocre, RNG traversal tool...just doesn't cut it.

Artist really made me hopeful regarding new killer design. I know some people find her a bit boring, but her kit was creative, intuitive and powerful - without being OP.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673
    edited April 2022

Definitely not gonna happen in mid chapter unfortunately, Peanits pretty much confirmed it in another post, saying they are still looking at her data and giving her time... I still have some fun with her, but at the higher MMR's she is more struggle than anything if you're playing to win. Still get a 3K here and there, once in a few matches a 4K.. but there's been a lot of 2K-0K's too.

If survivors turn off TVS and get rid of tapes early or while you're in a chase, there's not much you can do except hope you cut them off before they mess with more, but then you lose those TV's for so long someone might just come do a gen over there while you're chasing someone else and you'd have to walk back after a hit or commit to that chase.

Her Demanifest is still a great tool imo in SOME chases and loops. It's very map and RNG dependent, as well as requiring add ONS to be truly effective. I think it would be nice to have more base invisibility intermittent time, like maybe just make Reiko's watch base kit, but keep the add on and nerf it to 15-20%

That and/or obviously reduce TV cool downs (60 base, 80 from survivor input) , boost the effect range of TV's to 20 meters, buff the range to 16 meters for Sea-soaked cloth and Rickety Pinwheel, and maybe find some way for Sadako to apply a small bonus amount of Condemned thru a personal action (such as actually pulling off a hit from a TV manifestation, or giving people who look directly at her in demanifested state a small passive gain on condemnation)

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

I personally really like Artist too, I don't get the idea she's boring, and holding W isn't that strong against her either IMHO. She does get cucked by elevation though, which is an RNG factor O find especially frustrating as I get swamp maps often

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

No Killer should be C Tier though, at least not in the way C Tier is defined right now for DBD.

• StarLost

Why not?

That said, the issue isn't that some killers are better than others.

The issue is that the delta between even 'decent' killers (B tier) and 'bad' killers (C and D tier) is so ridiculously big.

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Sounds fun. Basically going against a nurse every match. No killer is unplayabley (not a word but who cares) bad. Alot of killers that just by first glance seem to have a low skill cap, actually all have their same skill ceiling and all of them can be played to their best potential resulting in best results.

Also perks are obviously a huge factor depending on the killer. Like a Michael can be an amazing killer with the right perks and right playstyle, it's just harder to figure it out.

I truly don't believe it's the killers power and if it's weak or strong that decides what teir the killer is in, but instead how well you utilize it. Huntress can be absolute trash if you can't aim, but myers can be amazing if you utilize teir 3 correctly

• StarLost

Eh...I disagree.

At lower MMRs, basically any killer can do well. Nurse needs a bit of experience, as does Trickster and Huntress...but so be it.

The issue is that some killers sort of cap out. Watch Otz playing Myers against decent survivors on a tough map - there really isn't that much he can do, even with infinite T3. I'd love to hear how Myers - arguably the most straight forward killer in the game is harder to figure out than, say, Huntress or Pyramid Head.

Yes, skill always plays a part. But I don't know if I'd say that an equally skilled Pig main and an equally skilled Huntress main are going to see similar results.

• Cameragosha
    edited April 2022

Hope next chapter after fnaf , she will get a buffed.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

She'll get some minor changes in the mid chapter after the next chapter or the chapter that comes after that one. So yes, 3-6 months.

And probably some bigger changes in like... when were GF and Legion released again? 2 years ago? So expect real changes by 2024.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Watch Dowsey and tru3 play wraith against oracle. yep, it can't possibly be the physical limitations of the killer and just the person using it. Man it's just so obvious when you see them try play b tier killers against survivors with a brain.

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

I'm also hoping for some buffs, she needs more then this.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

The onry-who? I don't even know who that is, my eyes are set to Legion.

• StarLost

Legion...will have to see. I'm more excited for the Ghostface rework, especially his addons. So much potential in his kit, but so janky.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I wouldn't mind if she got a few buffs, but the biggest buff she could, and most probably will, get is CoH getting nerfed. As soon as that CoH nerf comes out (down from 75% to 50%), Sadako is going to join Demogorgon in the lower end of A tier imo.

Sadako is one of the Killers that can deal with CoH easily. Totems usually spawn next to Generators and guess where TV's spawn? Next to Generators, which means Sadako isn't going to have problems with dealing with CoH, especially after the nerf which will slow down blessing a Totem then healing with CoH take longer than Self-Care

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

She got two massive buffs in the form of Haemorrhage rework and COH nerf.

• smexxyhexxy
    smexxyhexxy Member Posts: 39

That would honestly be really welcome. Currently she has nothing going for her; demo teleports better (even Freddy teleports better tbh), Wraith and Ghostface does a better job at stealthing, pyramid head does a better job of Mori'ing survivors; she has no anti-loop or gen pressure.

Basically she is jack of a few trades master of none.

BHVR was too afraid of making an OP killer that they made another killer that is weak af at the bottom rungs; picking her is basically griefing.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s not daft, it’s only been less than a month since she came out which isn’t enough time for people to actually play her properly on both sides. And keep in mind that all Stealth killers in general are stronger than normal in average games but weaker than normal against survivors with strong awareness, so if they accidentally overtune her in the wrong way then she could be a beast in the bulk of the games even if she’s “just good” at high MMR which they presumably want to avoid.

Not to mention it takes at least a month or two for them to make and test full character balances changes in general. And again, she’s only been out a few weeks, so there’s not enough time for them to have finished what they would be doing with her in time for the PTB next week.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Just give her SEVERAL little buffs. She doesnt need a whole lot.

Little things like :

Tiny speed duration buff

Full Condemnation is permanent, OR give Exposed. As it stands, theres no reason to cleanse unless you're in chase and unless she has STBFL all she can do is watch you cleanse in front of your face. At which point you cant even be mad if she chooses to face camp you for it

Slightly increase how long Sadako is invisible for

Remove her lullaby OR her directional TP indicator

Shave off maybe 10 seconds of all TV cooldowns without touching addons

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Hoping yes

Expecting NO

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,190

They don't make changes to killers this early, don't get your hopes up.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Hoping, but not expecting.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,903

There's not going to be changes made to Sadako in the mid chapter patch. There is not a massive amount of time for changes to a killer from Chapter release to the next mid chapter for one thing. And we're avoiding the "knee jerk" reaction of making changes and giving some time for players to get used to playing as and against a killer before making any meaningful changes.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 683

She needs a little help in chases, shes SO weak in chases. I hate the mechanic about condmned and TV. Its so stupi* Survivors disable my power isnt a pain for this, you can deactivate all tv and safely place in your right TV and its OK. Shes die, because her unique real power is teleport, and survivors can disable that. I love her so much, but, another killer for look, try 1 time and forget, because, in this Shi* MMR system you cant breath and you suffer any match as killer, at the moment, since 2018, play as killer is the worse experience. But, i think yeah, shes will get a buff, hopefully in mid chapter after anniversary chapter . I think the Twins has a rework soon and i want a really like to see a Trickster's map.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited April 2022

If that's the case how comes Freddie was nerfed to the ground just a few days after his release years ago?

I remember buying him then a week later he became useless.

• StarLost

Well, that's certainly a poop on the pizza - but we will have to see I guess. Hopefully she does get some love in a future patch, because I've seen very skilled players turning her over and over and talking about how a brown addon is her BIS and should be baseline, to start, as well as just how disjointed her kit feels.

But it's your game, and you likely have data that we don't have access to. Perhaps there's some playstyle that makes her B tier...just not seeing it.

• kaskader
    kaskader Member Posts: 283

She needs a massive buff. Sadly after legion and ghostface buffs she's lands as the weakest killer in the game right now. Hopefully in the next chapter.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,554

That’s the first time they did that, and thus far has been the only time they did it with that severity.

They know it was a mistake, and they’ve clearly learned their lesson. It’s then just unfair to keep referring back to it when it’s over 3 years ago.

• Cameragosha
    edited April 2022

Wait next year.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

Why do you think they're no longer making knee-jerk changes? They learned from the experience