remove DC penalty after a teammat leaves

Options
FlameGNG
FlameGNG Member Posts: 746

why is there a DC penalty when 2 teammates leave? its UNPLAYABLE TO PLAY 2 V 1 ON 5 ****** gens if someone disconnects within the first 1 minute the match should just be cancelled for everyone else

Comments

• Kuinzu
    Kuinzu Member Posts: 134
    Options

You've just gotta kinda accept that the match is lost and try and get some blood points out of it. It sucks, but you might as well do gens or loop the killer until you die, then just let yourself die on the hook.

• Lazyundertaker
    Lazyundertaker Member Posts: 24
    Options

It makes sense, I'd prefer some that incouarge you to stay though, more bp, lowering gen requirements if it was really early, refunding your offering if you don't DC yourself.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited April 2022
    Options

Oh right. Because 10k BP is worth (nope) and our time wasted.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Yes, I’m all for it. After the first survivor dc, all other players shouldn’t get a penalty anymore.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

has happened SO many times in matches when I’m about to pip up the final slot to the next rank level (especially in iri); a DC/ 1st hook sui from multiple teammates, then neg pipped... often culminating in consecutive similar matches.

Sometimes it’s a wretchedly unfair climb, in solo q, up that 1mil BP bonus mountain😩

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
    Options
  • Olokun
    Olokun Member Posts: 264
    Options

i would say YES because it's wasting my time , and my time is precious

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,088
    edited April 2022
    Options

That would still most probably be abusable by swf.

I made an argument about that 1 or 2 week ago in a similar thread:

-Swf with survivor A, B, C and D go into a game.

-The first 2 minutes don't go like they want.

-Survivor A DCs, gets a 5 minute penalty and the other horse around in trial for 5 minutes while A goes for a drink, takes a leak or just listens, then B,C and D DC for free.

-next time survivor B takes the fall once the game doesn't go their way, for the rest same procedure as above

-next time C and so on

With this there would be at least 3 games between each DC penalty per individual survivor. Even more when games in between do go their way and no one DCs.

I don't know how fast the penalty ramps up and cools down but i think this would happen at an increasing rate, swf Cherrypicking their games and throwing the ones they don't like.

• JohnWick1654
    JohnWick1654 Member Posts: 509
    edited April 2022
    Options

That's why you should need 2 DC for the penalty to not trigger for the 3rd and 4th

So you would need 2 swf friends to DC and not just one

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

This change only encourages people to DC.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

you're putting more trouble in a troll's hands. That would be brutal!

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

This change would be ripe for abuse. With a 4-man SWF, you'd just take it in turns to DC first and voila, DC's all night long.

I personally don't see the problem in playing a match out if someone DC's. Sure, the survivors are unlikely to escape, so just change your mindset and see how far you get. Enjoy the chase while it lasts. You don't have to escape, there's no trophy awarded at the end. Just play the game out, get your BPs and move on.

Personally I've had some fun/interesting matches after some survivor's DC. I just chase and down the others and set them free. We enjoy several chases, I practice my blinks, they get BPs and in the end they either escape or die (they'll usually indicate they want to leave by staying next to a hook, so I'll happily oblige).