Why is slugging and not hooking allowed?

Options

I understand that there a times where slugging is reasonable but I just had a match where the killer only hooked once and then slugged the rest of the time. It got to the point where I felt that disconnecting was better than staying in the match because I was frustrated and I gladly took the DC penalty. That match was no fun at all.

Answers

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I know what you're talking about.

Some people play this game to go on a power trip and lord their awesomeness over people.

Sadly being a twat isnt bannable, as this play style will kill you...eventually.

Funnily enough it's not your usual suspect who does this; Twins and Nurse slug to win. The killers I've seen who stare at you on the floor are typically Billy, Doc, Wraith and Huntresses.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Pretty sure your last line is exactly what OP is talking about

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

So, if you reward the killers every time they slug you, i doubt they will stop to do it.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    Options

Don't worry, it's an awful tactic anyway.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

As killers are told,.... you have perks to deal with this.

Unbreakable, No Mither, list goes on. Not only that, killers have perks that encourage slugging, it is a tactic that the devs put in the game.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Slugg is just a tactic, as sabo squads, Lantern safe or Bodyblocking.

Is another way of keeping pressure on the match.

• mynameisBlade
    mynameisBlade Member Posts: 325
    edited April 2022
    Options

The same reason 4man SWF's are allowed. The developers love chaos.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

Did they slug everybody or did they always have one survivor up and then let you go?

In any event, it's all allowed but it will help show the intention. Everybody bleeding out is the killer annoying the survivors. If a survivor tbags or BMs a killer, I have no sympathy for the survivor being bled out. It's also possible that somebody did and the killer assumed you were an SWF. Or the killer was just being toxic and felt like ruining your day.

If the killer was letting survivors pick you up and you all escaped the killer was most likely farming. I like it when I see it in solo queue as it means I'm getting a lot of BP and most likely also pipping up. I just recently got 32,000 BP as a survivor for the first time a couple days ago due to a farming killer (and I had 4 stacks of WGLF and got a double pip as well).

If you find a farming killer take advantage of it and get your altruism. Some giveaways are stopping at two hooks for everyone, dropping survivors off at gens, or dropping you repeatedly so you automatically wiggle free.

On the other hand, if you're all slugged and the killer is just looking at you, yeah, that sucks. Just grab a drink or snack while you wait for the next match.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

Well there's a thing known as [redacted] and rather than the torture of a squad ruining their fun killers will just slug them to avoid this issue.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

So you want to insta hooked without killer's interaction I think?

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 429
    Options

Sometimes I just take the slug, it takes 4 minutes to die on ground and 5 to get out of the penalty.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Had a killer so the exact same thing last night. After the first hook they would just slug. Refused to hook anyone else. I imagine it's just someone who is absolutely miserable in their day to day life and annoying others makes them feel a little better for a while. I just stop participating in those matches. I get up and go to the bathroom or grab a drink or scroll through Reddit.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

There are many ways for survivors to get out of the match while slugged. Unbreakable, Soul Guard - finding hatch.

It's also rare to see a killer waste their time, but if they're slugging you and just sitting there, just tab out and get a drink from the fridge or something - it's no big deal.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,807
    Options

I played a match last night where the the killer put another surv down, two exited through the gate, and I got downed after trying to make an ill advised pick up of the slugged surv. I got hooked near the gate, and the killer proceeded to hit me on hook and nod until I hit struggle, but all the while the slugged surv crawled halfway across the map, right past where the killer and I were, and out the gate.

The killer panicked and saw the escapee at the last second and tried to get them, but was just a hair too late. It was classic.

I guess the moral is that there is risk in slugging. Or maybe I just wanted to share that because it was so damned funny.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

Yesterday I removed someone from the game on the hook in the middle of RPD. Everyone else kept going down there as well because they were trying to finish the gen in the middle, and I physically could not make it to any hooks from there. I tried twice and just started slugging after that. Someone caught onto it and disconnected. I felt really bad about it but there was nothing else I could do...

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

Why is it allowed?

Are you suggesting that Killers are REQUIRED to pick people up?

• Lazyundertaker
    Lazyundertaker Member Posts: 24
    Options

Personally have only had one match ever of maliciously slugging, it was a permanent tier3 Mikey who just wanted to play Waka mole I guess.

Also if you make the killer have to pick up, surviors can then force a save, literally the idea behind the cj tech.

I get its not fun & killers don't want to do it either, they do it when they think they don't have time to hook you or think they can snowball

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405
    Options

are people really trying to condone slugging by talking about the super low number of people who actually sabo hooks? lol. it never ceases to amaze me the length people will go to justfiy slugging 4 people is incredible.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

We need the option to bleed out when left on the floor, they could add some prerequisites so people don't instantly bleed out as soon as they are slugged. However, being held hostage in the game isn't fun. Especially when you're already on death hook and ready to move on to the next match, but the killer wants to hold you hostage and let you bleed out to go look for someone else or the hatch.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited April 2022
    Options

Not trying to justify anything. Personally I don't slug unless absolutely necessary as I think it's the most boring option, but the reason it exists is because sabotage exists. That's just the way the game is built. The game devs didn't want sabotaging hooks to mean there was no danger, therefore, bleeding out on the ground.

If they wanted to remove slugging they could, but they would need to adjust the sabotage mechanic or give killers a way to fix hooks to balance it out.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Ok, if you're running no mither you are throwing the game and I'm not coming to save you

• PrankingTheKilla
    PrankingTheKilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

A lot of trolls dancing on the gates, light spammers, tboggers, calling me baby surv, made me take the chaos highway and take down everybody first and then hook them up, I got like 4 death threats (No joking, real angry ppl) and came here to read if it is a bannable move but reading I see that the answer is:

It's a tactic, it's not bannable and you should not abuse being toxic.

So, I can go to bed quietly in peace.