Stop disconnecting you cowards

Options

Topic

First three surv matches of my night:

1. 2 teammates DC as soon as they realize it's a nurse
  2. 1 teammate DCs at first down from Blight (under a minute in)
  3. 2 teammates DC almost immediately for reasons unknown

Seriously, these people are the worst, I don't care for waiting in queue forever for that, thanks.

On a related note, you (and the killer) should be immune from de-pipping when you are abandoned by teammates, especially early.

Comments

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,813
    Options

Okay, I believe you. But just you. Everyone else is a coward.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I want to be believe they disconnected because of something out of their control.

• NemmyMan3000
    NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 228
    Options

Against a blight I understand, but other than that they're a coward or their game crashed, lag, or power outage.

• Kanchanabry
    Kanchanabry Member Posts: 113
    Options

I've seen many comments like "If I know the killer is a nurse I just disconnect". So it's believable.

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

You know with a certain degree of accuracy when a DC is intentional. If it's immediately after a down/pickup, or right after you hear a tell tale sound (like the Nurse's blink or Spirit's phasing). Not like a 100%, but a fair assumption, as far as assumptions go.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Tbf it can get real boring versing just nurse and blight all day...

Not that anyone should DC, and I'm a fond supporter of harsher bans but sadly they never will punish these players enough

I notice if you play really well at game start theres often a DC just because you outplayed them, when in reality they could easily come back

• Thusly_Boned
    Options

There is no guaranteed loss, even in solo queue. That's a line people sell themselves on to justify screwing their team.

And secondly, losing is okay, which seems to be a tough concept for some people to wrap their minds around.

Losing against a really tough opponent is how you learn and get better. For me, the biggest payoff is winning against stacked odds, which is why I always play it out.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,630
    Options

rpd tho

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493
    Options

That's nothing, the three SWF in my team decided to disconnect at the same time and leave me alone, thankfully I found the hatch within seconds

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

Hackers, lag switchers, to name a couple. Generally speaking though it's lame.

• Thusly_Boned
    edited April 2022
    Options

Okay, a game busting hacker is a legit reason

Or any obvious hacker, really. Or a bot killer

• jakubr21
    jakubr21 Member Posts: 173
    Options

Well instead there was Blight with his unbalanced addons and bug abusers xd

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

its almost as bad as going against survivors who run all the same builds all the time... er wait.

Sack up and play it out.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

That doesn't make DC'ing a valid excuse. If you went up against a really good killer and your team mates are potatoes then fine, DC. MMR is terrible and games like that happen sometimes.

But do it 5 times in a session and you're becoming part of the problem. If you don't like the killers that you get matched up against then stop playing the game for a while and let them rotate out. If you willingly keep getting into the game and DC'ing then you're screwing over everyone else just because you're not having fun.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

I don't do it personally I'm just saying I don't condemn those who do.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Dont worry,its not gonna be a problem once bots are implemented in the game,who knows how long its gonna take though.

• Szakally
    Szakally Member Posts: 56
    Options

Blame BHVR for disconnects/suicides against nurse and bliight. Developers ignoring soloq survivors complaints against these killers. So what's the point of playing if the game is lost from the beginning?

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714
    Options

I don't blame them, i go against nurses 90% of my games and when i get the 5 nurse in a row i just close the game right after(not to DC but to go play something else)

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It’s comical how often survivors DC over seemingly every little thing.

In half my matches as killer atleast one survivor will DC. I was playing one of my first few games on Blight the other day, got off a nice curve at the start of the match, injured an ace who promptly stood on the spot teabagging, DCd after I hooked him lol.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

So in your eyes it's the "sane" thing that neither blight nor nurse nor 4 men swf should get any games ever again until something gets changed by bhvr?

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

So many cowards in this thread. At least have some balls and play it out. You can still DC on your deathhook without dmging your team too much. But please stop with all these selfish excuses, you guys only make it worse.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

I dont get DCing. It would literally just be faster to run at killer and suicide on hook compared to the penalty. Killer gets BP and BBQ stack too, both sides win.

• Fujo_chan
    Fujo_chan Member Posts: 34
    Options

Normally I'd say if 1 person disconnects it could be internet issues or something out of their control, but based on the pattern from your games...yeah...I'm really sorry this has been happening to you. D:

It is really annoying but I don't really know what BHVR could do about it since there are so many factors for why someone could DC...

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

Where are you playing and when? I'm playing a lot of Nurse and DCs are very very rare, even when they get a clear spanking.

The one usual case is the odd toxic clicker wannabe getting downed in a couple of blinks or less. (Europe, evening and night, can't speak about the MMR right now but it's usually on the higher side given the amount of cheaters I encounter)

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

The bots will need to be quite smart.

I wonder if I would kill everyone but the bot(s).

Wait, it would mean I would have to finish playing against bots? That doesn't sound very nice.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

Don't Forget Huntress.

• the0neKris
    the0neKris Member Posts: 6
    Options

First 3 games had one person intentionally DC - 3 games in a row! You can sorta tell because it's right after a hit or a hook. It's a gut-wrenching sound DC'ing XD I want to believe most are due to internet failure or power outage but I doubt it. Could be I went in with Franklin's because I saw 4 medkit team...

<.<

Prolly got mad he lost his kit.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

Yeah because that's totally what I said.......(this is sarcasm btw). If you play solo when you're experienced enough, you can tell from first chase how the game will end 99% of the time.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Without nurse in the game, much much less people would dc.

• burt0r
    Options

I would call that statement a BS hyperbole as you can A) not determine all add-ons/perks during one chase and B) human error and determination to win and all rng that come with them are not predictable.

I have won more than enough games in lol, r6s, rocket league and other team games from the back foot just by not giving up.

Blight nurse and some other killers with certain perks are close to a guaranteed loss if you play solo survivor. If you already are fighting an uphill battle as solo and some1 goes down fast on top of that, while the killer possibly still has strong add-ons as well and a juicy NOED waiting for you at the end... A sane person would DC and go next 5 min later.

And you say here that once the game goes south against the mentioned character it would be the "sane" decision to end the game against them and not let them have fun.

Again, i call BS here that you could determine ALL add-ons and perks of the killer especially as solo player without communicative Exchange with the other players. Even going as far as mentioning NOED which is absolutely unclear until end game, and the complaints in this thread are aimed at early suicide/DCs.

So your argument remains that the sane option against every killer player using those characters and their good/best add-ons together with an assortment of perks the survivor thinks of as oppressive would be robbing them of a complete game.

And then i extrapolated that line of thinking to the other side and in an analogy every killer should just straight up cut games short when they know/think they face a swf squad with a set of items and perks the individual killer thinks of as "sweaty".

Of course my point was a exaggerating your initial statement but the underlying point remains that point from your post to me remains "if you think the opposition is using strong stuff and I might lose the game, might as well just cut the trial shorter for everyone and guarantee no one will have fun."

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421
    Options

Survivors bm, tbag and mock every killer while abusing busted perks like DH and DS, and then complain about seeing nothing but Blights and Nurses.

It doesn't even occur to them that the sweaty Nurse might have been a Trapper main who just had one too many games where the 4 survivors tbagged at the exit gates and then typed gg ez at the end.

It's actually quite funny.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Stop being so entitled as well... a person has every right to DC, they'll have a punishment with a timer.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134
    Options

I guesse you're just not experienced enough, it is easy to tell from the first chase what add-ons and perks the killer has, at least the obviouse ones which dictates most of the games. Yes , I understand you can never know how the game will go but you can be close to 90% right. I rather go next instead to try for that 10% possibility of having that round to become fun. Its rly not a hard concept to grasp you know?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited April 2022
    Options

people are tired of versing nurse and blight all the time all day everyday. thats all you see, i cant blame them i cant blame them for not wanting to suffer a misery experience, on top of that pain resonance, dead man switch, corrupt and startruck or make your choice to proxy camp hook... tbh i cant blame them.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    Options

blight bullpoop is not as terrible as nurse bullpoop. id rather go against 3 blights in a row than a nurse. at least structures mean something agaisnt him. agiasnt nurse it doesnt matter where u are, when, perks (unless dh) it just doesnt. she is built different.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited April 2022
    Options

Against Nurse I can kind of understand, Blight not really (Unless he had powerful perk/addons). Other than that, no real reason to DC, unless the game crashes.

But I can understand the frustration. I've had teammates DC for some me of the dumbest reasons. One time I had a David look at me, t-bag a couple of times, and DC as soon as we loaded onto Rotten Fields. Needless to say, that match didn't go well.

They should really give you more points for teammates disconnecting and have the "abandoned" score event count towards the Altruism emblem.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243
    edited April 2022
    Options

My fav is early dc against non meta killers. Billy Snipe bc of lethal? Dc. Clown runs good addons? Dc. Soon prob the same thing will happen if legion gets an early head start.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options

Tbh I have the same for one week.

If it's not a gen rushing "easy" post game, no DC, if it's me getting a first hook extremely fast, there is always a DC or a suicide on hook and it is becoming really annoying.

May I play Nurse, Hillbilly, or GhostFace

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

What, we have to recreate this very thread every month or so?

Disconnecting is against sportsmanship and will not be allowed, end of discussion.

• burt0r
    Options

Maybe not in a short an frickle game like this but i am used to not throw games like lol (30-40 minute matches) or r6s (best of 7 5minutes rounds) in the first 10% and am maybe setting my standards too high for people to have more spine to pull through, what would be according to your prognosis nothing more than a few minutes, than to just give up on the slightest hint of inconvenience. But maybe i am just too old for this.