Prove Thyself

As a survivor main...this perk can be pretty brutal with the right team who knows what they’re doing. While playing solo, without a toolbox and maybe like (2-3) great skill checks I was able to complete a generator within at least 40 seconds.

With two other people nearby me, that’s 20%. I get that it doesn’t stack but oh my god. We were able to finish the generator within less than 35 seconds. With toolboxes it was so much shorter. (Other people with toolboxes)

I haven’t tried it out with 3 people but I assume it would literally be 20-25 seconds depending on great skill checks, or if any survivors have toolboxes.

Genrushing is already at an extreme rate when it comes to SWF and I have to say my escape rate has been a lot higher as well. I feel insanely bad for killers now because I can’t even believe that my matches are so much shorter now. They’re normally 9-15 minutes with people getting hooked and stuff.

My matches have to be a lot shorter now. Probably less than 10 minutes because of this.

I always expect the killer to have NOED because of this buff to Prove Thyself but wow. I don’t even think ruin can slow it down because it seems like a huge counter to it.

I understand that it might be the killer’s fault, if that were to happen. It just makes me feel so bad because in lower ranks killers won’t have a chance to properly improve if generators keep getting rushed like that.

Plus killers have to roam around. Check if gens are being done, and apply a lot of more pressure now. If one person is being chased, a gen can be done relatively quickly if survivors are around each other. Which can be a problem since chases usually last (for me at least) 10-15 seconds and I’d give up after awhile if I can’t catch them.

I apologize for my long paragraphs I’m just having a huge concern because of this perk. This is coming from someone who always plays survivor as well.

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    I think as a killer that the chances of running into that situation is about as likely as a Leatherface downing all 4 survivors in one-go.
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    I play solo most of the time and I wish I found other survivors that know what they’re doing... you see a lot of high rank P3s failing at skill checks, failing at stealth, failing at everything. Makes me wonder...
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    I think as a killer that the chances of running into that situation is about as likely as a Leatherface downing all 4 survivors in one-go.

Ahh the classic argument again
    But if noone uses it, we can nerf it?

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828
    I’ve seen it happen when I was playing against this Trapper with my boyfriend. We both genrushed without taking care of the totems and he tries to slug everyone with NOED. He still lost the match regardless it made me feel bad tbh. (Everyone escaped and he only hooked 2 people that entire game.)
  • ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Discordance and Surveillance are now permanent parts of my killer build.

• Gamzello
    Gorgonia said:
    I play solo most of the time and I wish I found other survivors that know what they’re doing... you see a lot of high rank P3s failing at skill checks, failing at stealth, failing at everything. Makes me wonder...
    Prestige skins doesn’t show how good they are at the game lmao. But I get what you mean.
  • Gamzello

I wouldn’t blame you. I love the new surveillance!
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

Gamzello said:

I totally didnt notice Surveillance was buffed. I should have read more o.o holy crap survell isnt useless anymore!
  • JJRULEZ159
    JJRULEZ159 Member Posts: 27

@Dokta_Carter said:
    ColonGlock said:

Gamzello said:

ColonGlock said:

I totally didnt notice Surveillance was buffed. I should have read more o.o holy crap survell isnt useless anymore!

Nope, it is now an actually good perk.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Master said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Ahh the classic argument again
    But if noone uses it, we can nerf it?

Doesn’t bother me, wasn’t my decision to buff it in the first place. Not sure what you’re trying to get at
  • Gamzello

Gamzello said:

Hurrah!! ;^))
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

I run PT with Bond and Leader. Find other survivors on gens, knock it out. Its a great combo.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    edited January 2019
    They shouldve just buffed the numbers, and left leader alone. This game is slowly drifting away from what it once was and becoming more and more unplayable and unbalanced.
  • Gamzello

I run PT with Bond and Leader. Find other survivors on gens, knock it out. Its a great combo.

I agree, it is a great combo but wow.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Prove-Thyself is super fast with a toolbox but, without Prove-Thyself the Gens are actually a teensy bit slower than they were before this patch because everyone gets a -10% efficency when they group up. Unless we already had the -10 and they didn't add in the red bar letting us know about it.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited January 2019

Killers can disrupt gen repairs easily. There are perks specifically designed for this like Discordance, and Surveillance just got a HUGE buff. And everyone is running Thanatophobia, which negates any bonus to repair speed Prove Thyself might give.

And Prove Thyself itself is not really a buff, gen repairs were nerfed across the board, so Survivors didn't really get anything out of this.

That is the truth, Spirit main. (yes you're not fooling anybody saying you're a Survivor main who always plays survivor. Gotta love self-incrimination). Why do people feel the need to make flimsy lies about how they play this game?

@Gamzello said:
    ColonGlock said:

I wouldn’t blame you.** I love the new surveillance!**

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

@Gamzello said:
    ColonGlock said:

Nice try "Survivor Main" who "always plays Survivors." Why do people need to make flimsy lies about how they play the game?

Killers will do all sorts of lying and BS to spread their dumb Killer Propaganda. Hello Spirit Main I see you for who you are no matter how much you try to Spirit Walk, because you just LOVE the new Surveillance don't you? Gotta love self-incrimination.

The real fact is gen repairs were nerfed so that actually repairing gens now is slower than it was before the "buff" to Prove Thyself. And Prove Thyself isn't even a buff it's more a "remove nerf" and even then it's still slower than how it was pre-2.5.

• Gamzello
    edited January 2019
    @Mochan believe what you want man, I play both sides but I prefer survivors a lot more. It’s less stressful (and easy)

I love how you automatically assume I’m a hidden killer main LMAO. This fan base is really something else.

Edit: 1+ LOL.