Any particular reason you play that certain survivor?

thekiller490490
thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I personally play Kate for 2 reasons.
1. If the killer should see me, I should be seen.
2. I like looking at someone pretty when I play.
Why do you play your survivor? (Except you P3 Claudet mains. We all know why you play her.)

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I main Feng because she's simply the best one.
  • Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Ace

why?

because he is lucky AF, even when i am playing without any luck offerings i still unhook myself and get ultra rares on chest, also lets not ignore the fact that he still smiles when he is being brutally murdered by any killer.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I play Kate 'cause I like both her story and her looks.
    She's pretty. <3

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Kate, Quentin, Dwight.

I just love them. They are my cupcakes!
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    edited January 2019

When I want to practice chases I use Kate and her Windows of Opportunity perk, wearing the USA shirt. Killers target me when I wear that.

Post edited by JawsIsTheNextKiller on
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I started with Claudette because I liked her backstory and P 3'd her since she was my 1st character and didn't realize she was considered toxic. But I had killers that easily found me and they agreed the whole toxic thing was stupid.

They also said they had no issues for the most part like me in finding P3 Claudettes since they always knew where to look. Most of these killers also played Claudette and thus knew how she played and the same for other characters.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460

I use Dwight simply because I have more perks on him but my ideal survivor hasn't come out yet. I'll use anyone depending on what I feel like looking at.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    It was because when my brother introduced me to DBD we joked about how he looks a lot like him., after a short time i realized the grind takes forever and i need WGLF.

Thats how i became a David main.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I play a few for different reasons.

Feng- As @Vietfox said "she's simply the best one."

Claudette- Because the best chase is the one that never happens.

Dwight- Because he is bae.

Ace- I only play Ace with his Leopard shirt since I have a 100% escape rate with that shirt and it makes my friends mad.

Nea- Only because she got a cat sweater.

All the others I only play because I have a daily...

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

David he hot like the way he looks want a hairy chest ver of his shirtless
    Nea she cat person like me
    Dwight his hollow bright outfit he also pretty cool
    laurie strode Halloween is my favorite horror movie

• perotx
    perotx Member Posts: 77

Laurie Stroke. Best girl, and I really like Halloween.

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2019

Dwight in the Vigo's Apprentice outfit (yes, I bought it, I am weak) makes him my current main.

I like Nea's perks the best and her cat sweater is amazing.

David is third because I like his stock outfit the most, and WGLF is instrumental in getting BP if you're lucky enough to get it in the bloodweb.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Min mostly. Stealth gen jockey. Not concerned heavily with rescues. I try to avoid them, too. I'd rather try and make sure enough gens are done for an escape. 

Nea coz i just like her.
    Especially now with her green hair.

Kate got lucky on the web.
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,210

I mean, I usually play Feng Min because I connect to her as a gamer more than I do with any of the others, but the completionist in me is causing me to get all the others to level 10 right now so I can adept them.

Otherwise though, I play them because of dailies.

• NekoGamerX

@t3hp0larbear said:
    Dwight in the Vigo's Apprentice outfit (yes, I bought it, I am weak) makes him my current main.

I like Nea's perks the best and her cat sweater is amazing.

David is third because I like his stock outfit the most, and WGLF is instrumental in getting BP if you're lucky enough to get it in the bloodweb.

YES!!! cat sweater is best sweater.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,118

I play Kate because she's pretty. I may start playing Feng when she gets that new dress, though.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@powerbats said:
    I started with Claudette because I liked her backstory and P 3'd her since she was my 1st character and didn't realize she was considered toxic. But I had killers that easily found me and they agreed the whole toxic thing was stupid.

They also said they had no issues for the most part like me in finding P3 Claudettes since they always knew where to look. Most of these killers also played Claudette and thus knew how she played and the same for other characters.

I actually started as Claudette when I was a newbie 'cause she was one of the suggested characters to start as and she had self-care. Shortly after that, I moved to Nea, then Meg, and have settled on Kate since she came out. I go between playing Meg and Kate, though. I need to get all the perks on Nea and Claudette still.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140
    I play feng cause she a gamer with a competition streak and Dwight is me when I'm frightened I go hide
  • Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

Laurie because I am Halloween fan. And I got used to her.
    Feng because she was the first one I chose for repairing skill and look :D. Now I don't use the generator perk anymore, but she is still my top.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Quentin, claudette and meg
    I like meg for the perks, claudette for his backstory and quentin because i really like the movie <3

• nancyt1428
    nancyt1428 Member Posts: 66

I play Feng because I like to know where the killer is as often as possible.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    edited January 2019

David because he's hot and he's eye candy for me, Dwight because I just think he's a cutie and he kind of reminds me of me, plus I love his pajama cosmetics!!! I also Like Quentin, Laurie and Tapp simply because I like their characters. Also Claudette when I wanna be stealthy

• NekoGamerX

@TragicSolitude said:
    I play Kate because she's pretty. I may start playing Feng when she gets that new dress, though.

I don't know about the dress but I like the head it come with.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

I chose Laurie because of her aesthetics and because we're both tall and blonde, lmao.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Claudette became my main as my friend suggested to level Meg for SB as it was 20 sec cd back in the day and then level up Claudette for SC + SB combo.
  • The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2019

Jake, because the outfit he has is the closest I would want to wear if I was in the Fog lmao.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Ace because he has some of the most flamboyant cosmetics in the game
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I started with claudette because I liked being stealthy etc.
    However then all the looping shizzle began and nowadays...... yeah well I didnt bother to P3 other survivors tbh

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Kate has a nice butt. That is literally my only reason.

• t3hp0larbear
    t3hp0larbear Member Posts: 76

@The_Trapper said:
    Jake, because the outfit he has is the closest I would want to wear if I was in the Fog lmao.

I hate the fog.

And hooks.

And campers, and tunnelers, and WGLF farmers...

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Nea, Because when I started playing stealth 2 of her perks were in my build. I’ve been using her since
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Feng Min.
    Madame Feng 
    Waifu Min
    Give us Bunny Min already

Whatever you want to call her she's my main.

She's cute plus I relate with the whole family issues and issues with trying to prove yourself despite risking your own health it hits hard to home.

Hell she's also the survivor I tend to let escape most frequently when I'm playing killer.
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    I started using Meg because when i started this game, i thought everyone would have a special ability. I thought Meg would run a bit faster than others, i thought Feng could repair faster and Claudette could heal faster without the help of any perks. I didn't realize it's all the same and the description of survivors are only connected to their perks.

But Meg grew on me, i bought the cutest outfit i could find amd now i look fabulous while getting camped <3
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

My real name is actually Jeff.

• Laveroni
    Laveroni Member Posts: 13
    I main Quintin Smith, because of our ironic use of medications and the only survivor who looks remotely like me. I like playing a character who looks like me, because I love seeing that depth of visual representation. It's too bad you can't create a survivor. 
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Meg is bait. She's the new dwight, since the experienced meg players swapped to kate. I like her meghead look and sounds.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Ace

why?

because he is lucky AF, even when i am playing without any luck offerings i still unhook myself and get ultra rares on chest, also lets not ignore the fact that he still smiles when he is being brutally murdered by any killer.

And I play as him because I am a fellow argentinian  ;) we all grin like that
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Kate because no other female character looks as good, and the cosmetics they recently released for her just complete it.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Though, I see many Kate mains in this thread. Wonder if the amount would still have been this big if they would have kept the voice she had in PTB :p

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    JoannaVO said:

Though, I see many Kate mains in this thread. Wonder if the amount would still have been this big if they would have kept the voice she had in PTB :p

Lol it was so bad!!
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited January 2019

i mainly play claudette for a couple of reasons:
    1: she is the only one i have ever leveled up on the survivor side
    2: she has selfcare (as a default perk)
    3: i am a stealth player (i try to not get involved into chases as much as possible)

however, if i would have leveled, lets say, meg or dwight, id be using them.
    i just dont see the reason for leveling up a different survivor, as they are all just reskins...

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited January 2019

Meg because I like her cosmetics the most and so I can sport my rainbow hoodie while running around a pallet :)

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Like Tapp's perks so Tapp is my main. Also like his looks and his voice. It's really that simple.
    I play all the Survivors with the exception of the few I really don't like.

• Erevus
    Erevus Member Posts: 10
    The metalhead brother!
  • Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

adam because ... hes adam and has a nice style in my op

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@ClogWench said:
    Ace because he has some of the most flamboyant cosmetics in the game

A survivor after my own heart - nothing better than either the animal print, the blue flamingo sweater and yellow pants.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

Ace mainly as stated above he looks bloody Fab-u-lous - but I generally swap between Grey tennis Meg or Micheal Jackson Ripped Jeans Nea ...no reason really apart from I like to look good as I run away.

• GrootDude
    Vietfox said:
    I main Meg because she's simply the best one.
    You’re indeed right @Vietfox.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Vietfox said:
    I know, thanks.
  • GrootDude
    Vietfox said:
    @Vietfox said:
    I know, thanks.
    Don’t change your quote back!!! You think Meg is best!!! XD