Hillbilly worst killer?!?

FlameGNG
FlameGNG Member Posts: 746

OK lets be real i am a killer main but i've played more survivor lately... I tried hillbilly last time i played him was 2017 and i still dont get why hillbilly got an overheat function? It was way more fun to play against a hillbilly that could chainsaw HOW MUCH HE WANTED.... i get why bubba got it (kinda kinda not) i mean he could just infinite rev on a hook... but hillbilly i dont see a reason WHY HE SHOULD have an overheat function :(

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Overheat is bad. His Add-ons are worse

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

The Overheat is barely noticeable. You have to overheat on purpose to actually feel it OR mess up A LOT with your chainsaw to a point where you really need to stop trying to go for every unreasonable chainsaw.

He is also not the worst Killer, not by far. He feels bad, because his animations and FoV changed, but his strength is still up there. I dont really play him because of his FoV, he does not feel right when you played a lot of Billy before they changed the animations and stuff. But when I play him, I use Shadowborn to negate this a bit, but it is totally understandable that not everyone wants to use a Perk Slot for a design decision nobody asked for.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370

Billy was already weak before the nerf, he is now worst but i have fun with him.

But ye, he requires skill and is not that good at looping, not the worst though.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

Hillbilly is still strong, you just have to use your head a little bit in terms of chainsaw usage.

• RatherUncreativeName
    RatherUncreativeName Member Posts: 14

Yeah, I don't really understand why he had to get an overheat either. It's understandable why they had to remove some of his more troublesome addons before, because they were too much, but it would've been better to just remove those addons entirely instead of creating a new annoying mechanic and pretending that gives depth to the killer. Like, no one is ever going to use those goofy "undetectable while the chainsaw is overheating" addons or w/e.

I guess they didn't want high-level Hillbilly players to keep baiting survivors by feathering their chainsaw, but that just means if you want to play a high-mobility killer that punishes holding W, your only options are Nurse and Blight. And hey, wouldn't you know it, everyone complains about only seeing Nurse and Blight at high MMR. Funny how that goes.

Hillbilly is still strong, because built-in instadowns are always threatening, but learning Hillbilly means dumping hundreds of hours into a complicated, high-skill killer against survivors with thousands of hours who have been juking Hillbillies since he came out. Even if you do get good, Overheating means you'll never be able to pull off what good Hillbillies used to be able to do. If you're not farming for YouTube montage clips, you might as well just join everyone else on the Blight/Nurse bandwagon.

• FlameGNG
    edited April 2022

did you play hillbily back in 17 where you could chainsaw HOW MUCH YOU WANTED and i mean chain 30 chainsaws that was insane :/

the problem is not that you cant mess up the problem is that you cant use it how much you want now his power isnt really that strong since you can play loops safe and just pre drop a pallet in worst case if your at a window and play it correctly its hard to curve / flick too...

• jakubr21
    jakubr21 Member Posts: 173

send yourself to the game map and chase a survivor that predrops pallet against you and see if the overheat is barely noticable. Overheat should not be a thing.

• FlameGNG
    edited April 2022

Yea i know that but as a survivor it was funnier to play against a hillbilly who basically used his chainsaw all the time than on loops... now he feels like a normal m1 killer with a little better mobility you can play pallets safe against him and his power is well a faster pallet break... but once again it has over heat so if you get a good map you can DUMP PALLETS and i mean dump them and his power is useless

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 531

billy isnt great in his current state but hes atleast top of c tier bottom of b

• livecola78
    livecola78 Member Posts: 36

Actually, it is not fast to break a pallet with Hillbilly unless the pallet is dropped close to the time you are done charging your chainsaw. There is a ~1.0sec fatigue duration after you break the pallet. Even with his best cooldown reduction add-ons in play, from charging to breaking a pallet, you would be faster with Brutal Strength. I would absolutely love to see some simple tweaks to Hillbilly, he's almost perfect imo.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

Billy was my first killer to play as and he was a buggy mess don't main him too much, I've won a game once against a SWF cause i gained Speedhax in the middle of the match, and it was GLORIOUS i started to run around the whole match in the same speed as the chainsaw run. It was Hilarious and Addictive, Survivors accused me of cheating even though it was DBD's buggy codes that did it. lol

The not so good one that I've encountered is when i downed and hooked 3 survivors all at once but I hit a rock right after all of a sudden it slowed me down like heck, I can't move and i was slowly drifting away, like my character was being dragged very slowly, and it made me furious like I was so close to winning the game and getting a 4k then it happened, I was going to accuse the other team of hacking but when i got to the chat box they accused me of wallhacking, and I was like how am i wallhacking you were all predictable and running straight into my path, and I was the one who's been cheated cause somehow my character has been disabled for the remainder of the match.

TLDR: Billy is a buggy mess don't get too attached.

• Aven_Fallen

I mean, you can make up the worst scenario possible to make a point, but if that makes sense is another thing.

• Aven_Fallen

Not in 2017, but way before Overheat was a thing. And when do you need to chain 30 Chainsaws? IMO if someone overheats, they went for too ambitious Chainsaws. You can still sprint full Map with Billy and have enough Overheat-Limit to try a few Chainsaws. It is not like you are heavily restricted.

Also, the Add Ons for Overheat are not bad at all. The brown Add On which increases Overheat-Limit is what I usually use (combined with Engravings).

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

"i still dont get why hillbilly got an overheat function"

1. Mid/low tier killers were 99% revving the saw at hooks making unhooks impossible (this was the dev reasoning)
    2. Nerfing Billy is a way to make people buy Leatherface
    3. Much like Nurse before the nerf Billy was an incredibly strong free killer. Why buy unwieldy and crappy killers like doctor when Billy was super strong?

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

People often say this but it’s just not true. I think it started with some youtubers and now everyone just repeats it.

Overheat is noticeable even if you play efficiently. If you want to consistently curve at tiles and use your chainsaw for mobility, you’re going to overheat.

• FlameGNG

thats what i mean right now you hve to pretty much choose one of them in loop or mobility it was a much better experience to play as AND against a hillbilly that used it all the time without having to worry about overheat not only is it a little scarier since you know he can use it how much he wants its literally his only power and not so many people play him

• FlameGNG

30 chainsaws in reality its way less... i played against a hillbilly yesterday he got overheated 3 times during that match and just gave up (he played like old billy) basically only used the chainsaw for both mobility and in loops...

• FlameGNG

i know but you wouldnt place him top 5 would you? not even top 10... i would even place him top 15

• FlameGNG

top c meh maybe he is with the other killer like clown ghostface etc. yes i didnt mean worst as in literally worst but i meant one of the worst... they completely ruined him by adding the overheat

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I'd put him in B tier. Mobility is king in this game, and Hillbilly has plenty of it. Having a meh chase makes sense, and even then, Hillbilly can chew through Pallets, quickly creating Dead-Zones, which is pretty powerful

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

Overheat isnt unplayable, especially if you can get your downs and run a good info perk like tinkerer or discordance. what i dislike about overheat is that it doesnt nerf his strengh and makes him more punishing, lets say you use 2 saws to get around in a row, if you now miss 1-2 saws, you cant use your chainsaw. used to be worse if you were playing flickbilly before his speed addons got buffed, but its something that punishes you for not being on top of your game, which makes him unnecessarily punishing for new players.

A good Billy is still mid tier, similar to a good demo, but if we wanted to see him stronger, you need to just rework his addons. they're either stealth addons which just dont work for a killer witha loud chainsaw, or affect parts of his kit you dont want to happen anyway, like getting blinded or overheating your chainsaw.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Lot of overheat takes in this one.