The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you think that going against Blight/Nurse as solo survivor is guaranteed lost game?

Piruluk
Piruluk Member Posts: 995

In my experience yes, less than 10% escape as solo against Blight and Nurse.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Playing solo is basically guaranteed lost game, as survivors playing soloq tend to be worst of all... probably myself included.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Nurse isn't that bad, but to me she's 'nerfed' since I learned to vs her when she had 3 blinks by default so naturally to me she's always going to be easier. HOWEVER if the other survivors are going down real fast then there's not much you can do. Just get her attention and run forward as far as you can so she has to max her blink to catch up to you, then juke her on the second blink. Rinse repeat and hope someone's doing generators.

I do escape Blights but he has the same issue as high level huntress. If they're tryhards then there's not a lot you can do. It's just as Blight you play as the huntress hatchet, and you can turn.

Is there a way to fix it? Dunno. On the lower end of the spectrum those guys are free escapes but when you hit the ceiling and you've lost half your team because they want to play and the killer doesn't, well, what can ya do.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

It does depend on your teammates and what perks and add-ons Nurse/Blight brought.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's guaranteed, I've been in a few instances myself where one or two of us escaped a competent Nurse/Blight, but I'd say 9/10 times.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

110% not.

The majority of matches are not the killer's to win, but the survivor's to lose.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

With the amount of sweaty tryhard in my server who mains nurse, you'll get use to it.

Sadly Nurse mains in my server lacks creativity and enthusiasm to even play the game, like "You're using busted perks and add-ons but still won't stop proxy camping the hook for 5 seconds!?" that's my expression whenever I see a nurse mains who uses Make your choice and Floods of rage right now.

Someone nerf Nurse so I won't have to face the onslaught of lazy tryhard Nurse mains in my SBMM.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

Eh, depends. If it's Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Pain Resonance with their best addons and a player that knows what they're doing vs 3 players with sub-700 hours and you, sure.

If it's 4 green perks on a player that's not got a scoobies how their power works because MMR decided they should go against 4 solos that actually have half a braincell between them, no you've absolutely got a very good chance of winning.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

Absolutely not. These killers have counter play.

"Players" (and I'm being generous here) who do not want to learn how to verse a killer because it disturbs their ridiculously small world will lose, now matter what.

Other will improve, learn and get that warm achievement feeling. (A real one, not these "you started the game" crap for kids raised in the "everybody gets a prize" environment)

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

If it's an open map and a good nurse there's no chance to escape.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    edited April 2022

Not in my experience. Though I do play survivor drunk, maybe that's why I'm able to juke nurse, she can never guess what I'll do if she's limiting herself to the options a sober individual would take, lol.

Seriously though, played 1 Match as blight, maybe 3 as nurse and hundreds if not thousands against both as solo survivor, usually drunk, on console. I'm quite far from the "SWF seal team 6" types, yet even matched with nurse bringing full slowdown and her iri addons, I've escaped as often as I've died, which seems fair and balanced to me.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,201

Really depends on the loadout and player. Any game that requires solo players to think about what they're doing beyond a basic level usually spells a loss. Most players will see Tinkerer the first time and still not pre-emptively run from their gen when it hits 70%. A lot of players are incredibly casual or aren't working with a full deck.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Basically it is. On the same skill level Nurse and Blight are stronger than survivors unless you play in a very coordinated 4man. thats exactly why those need to be turned down. the game is casual, the mmr doesnt do anything despite for the best 1%. and noone cares for 1% as for 99% its just a stupid matchup.

• Xperian
    Xperian Member Posts: 29

Preach. I ran a Mikey for nearly half the game - for the first 2 gens and for the last gen. Had Iridescent medal for losing the chases. Silver medals for everything else because I barely got to touch gens. I get downed at the exit gate, two console survs just standing there teabagging mikey, and the final survivor is hiding behind a tree with a flashlight without bothering to even try to get a blind off. I die and lose MMR. The M1 warriors all escape.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

No because I have escaped from them both as a soloQ survivor. I have a rate of about 40% escapes and most of the deaths are from Nurse as I'm still getting the hang of dodging her.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Nope.

Definitely not, nurse is sure alot harder to beat than blight but all it takes is an understanding and for your teammates to do stuff.

The biggest killer isnt killers its teammates that dont do objectives or chases, I have no idea what's so fun about walking round or crouching all game but there you go. Those people make you lose against the weakest of killers

• Jewel46
    Jewel46 Member Posts: 3

Guaranteed loss because someone will always dc or kill themselves on first hook against both killers. They aren’t going to go away, people need to actually play against them to get better, but they take the easy way out. It’s so annoying the amount of games that at least someone could have escaped if it weren’t for people throwing the second they know the killer. Although I had someone dc when they got downed by sadako so my solo q is a nightmare in general

• IndigoWendigo
    IndigoWendigo Member Posts: 30

I don’t find it that hard considering I already play solo every time i’m on survivor, they’re still loopable, just hard. And you have to hope that your teammates know how to handle them as well. Difficult, but not mechanically.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Why would it be? It has nothing to do with solo or SWF. Whichever side played better and more skillfully will win.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

No, both can be juked. What helps is to play both Nurse and Blight, get smacked around by survivors until you get a feel for their mechanics and start to win games, and then you'll have an idea how to juke them.

It helps if you resist the tendency to just M1 with them but you may still do so at times since some survivors, as soon as they see you're learning, will try to bully and BM. It's oddly satisfying to beat people trying to bully you with a slow Nurse without blinking.

But, to learn how to juke them effectively, it really helps to know the mechanics of their power and what messes them up.

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421

A surivor is never guaranteed a loss because of the hatch. If you don't think your team will complete the gens in time, play for hatch. Yeah, survivors have it that easy.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

What are you running and doing in game to make it a different non sweaty experience for others?

My guess is nothing, other people have to accomodate you not the other way around right?

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

Yesss, someone who's saying "play this killer until you reach high level to know what are the counterplays".

Basically I stopped playing Nurse because vs competent survivors, it's not chasing, it's about guessing 100% of the time, and odds are far from being a 50/50 from the Nurse side.

When you're moving wisely, you can make any rock or tree into a savage anti-Nurse mechanic.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Nurse is fine. Nothing in this game is a guaranteed loss except for sore loserism quitters.

The problem isn’t strong killers it’s sore loser survivors who want Scooby doo instead of Halloween.

people whine about facing nurse and blight all the time, but nerfing them isn’t a solution. Buffing up other killers to nurse and blight level is.

Make this game scary like it should be.

I like facing nurse she is one of the few killers left who can consistently threaten your chances of escape when played well. When played poorly she’s often a joke sadly because of her tricky mechanics.

The only thing that ruins a nurse game are the rage quitters.

• Travis_Bateman
    Travis_Bateman Member Posts: 279

That's a mmr issue,not a "muaaaa nerf this killer here" issue

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Absolutely not. All it takes is for everyone to just try. If they rage quit, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Depending on the skill of the Blight/Nurse, maybe. If it's a skilled Blight or Nurse it's an automatic game over.