Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A player that I remove from Steam (blocked right now) on dbd still shows up on my friends list.

As I put before, a player that I remove from Steam (I blocked right now) in dbd still shows up on my friends list in the game.

I deleted it because we didn't agree, it keeps coming up, in my case when I saw that, I blocked it from Steam (to check if it was deleted and then unblock it, I have nothing against it). But as you will understand, if he deletes me, I don't want him to see me when I'm playing, connected or not (nor do I have to know when he is).

How can I remove it from my friends list? Well, there are no additional options.

The options that come out are: "Invite to the Group", "Join the group", "View profile", "Unblock".

3 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

If you're playing on PC, would it possible to get logs after you attempt to block a player? Logs can be found here: %localappdata%\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs

Comments

• El_Dios_Chocobo
    El_Dios_Chocobo Member Posts: 12

Right now 3 people I know are experiencing the same thing. Can someone listen and tell us how to fix it step by step, or tell us if it can be solved? PS: I already sent a ticket to support and nobody answers.

• El_Dios_Chocobo
    edited April 2022

There is what has been put to me with the label "NEED MORE INFO".

And what do you expect me to do with the "records", since they are unreadable (so to speak?). Do I have to send this "log" here? (Since it is something that no one should see, except a mod or similar in private).

If so, I want a confirmation, along with where to pass it. Well, as is logical, I don't want anyone to have (and possibly read) a private file of mine. A private place to send it would be appreciated.

Reminder, that the IP appears (and I don't know if it's one that has nothing to do with your team or Steam) among other things.

Also, I formatted the pc a few days ago. With which, I only get the logs of these last days, not the one that maybe takes, 2-3 weeks? Or more.

There is also one for the current day (no date), which does not say "backup", which I tried to open (in case it was readable), but it does not load.

What does it have to do, that I delete someone from Steam, with the fact that I continue to appear in the game after that?

Let's say (for an example), that someone here deletes a man from friends, who threatens him with death on Steam, blocks him and continues to appear in the game after deleting him on his platform. And both you and him see when you are connected, when you are playing, etc etc etc.

Let's face it, it's a VERY SERIOUS bug, in game 100% finished.

Post edited by El_Dios_Chocobo on
  • Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933
    edited April 2022

Your log files can be uploaded here, they are encrypted so nobody can read them without them being de-encrypted. And they do not show your IP information.

Your log file would need to be taken after you've attempted to block the player - log files are rewritten so only the most recent data is saved.

Also, blocking a player on Steam does not prevent you being matched with them in game.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

A blocked player on steam doesn't lose "friend" status I think, unless you explicitly do that then unfriend them.

• El_Dios_Chocobo

As soon as you delete it from Steam, it is removed from your friends list, but in this case it has not been like that, it still appears to me.

• El_Dios_Chocobo
    edited April 2022

That they match me (if it happens), I don't care, what I want is to be removed from my list of "friends" in the game (I don't know how many times I've already said it...). Well, for that I have it deleted and blocked on Steam.

I hope it is possible and you solve it because in the report I made from the game, they say that they cannot delete anyone from the friends list of the game itself, even if they are deleted and blocked on Steam (if so and it is bugged in some case something serious has happened with someone, it is no longer a serious error, if not VERY SERIOUS).

• Miszmii
    Miszmii Member Posts: 30

This happens on PS4/PS5 as well. Had people removed from my friends list, but they stay on my dbd list. Even tried to block them, but they remain seen on my list. Even have someone on my friends list I'm unable to remove, but I don't even know the person nor did I ever play with that person. I did not accept an in game request from this person either (the person does have a mutual friend on PS4 with me, but I'm not familiar with this particular person, just randomly showed up in my friends list one day). It doesn't always happen when I remove someone. Currently there's only two, the person I don't even know and I'm unable to remove and someone I've removed from my friends list a long time ago, because he was harassing me. I'm unable to remove this person from my dbd friends list as well.

• El_Dios_Chocobo

It is that they think it is a minor problem, but it really is and it is not small.

The creators of this game are dedicated to looking the other way, instead of fixing bugs like this (which are VERY SERIOUS), or at least if you give notice (as I have done here and from the game and platform itself), which remove that person from your in-game friends list, not just be told, "Sorry, but we can't remove people from your in-game friends list." Seriously?

NOBODY is the one to know when I (or someone else) is online or playing if we remove them from our friends list. Well, no one has to be spied on by other people or worse still harassed (because maybe someone deletes X person for something serious).

And meanwhile here we continue with this problem to which they do not give a solution, neither to me, nor to more people. I see it despicable from many points of view.

• El_Dios_Chocobo
    edited April 2022

This is the last message received from the developers/maintenance of the game that I have, about the very justified complaint about this issue, which not only I have, but hundreds of other people that is happening to us, it seems, in a way random.

"Hello there, 

Thank you so much for contacting us! We're always grateful for feedback, be it positive or negative!  

I'm really sad to hear that your recent experiences with Dead by Daylight and specifically one of your recent friends didn't live up to your expectations. However, we currently do not have an option to remove friends listed in your account and apologize for this inconvenience. 

It's our mission to continuously improve the experience for everyone. If there is something that you believe we can do to improve this, we'd love to hear your suggestions! You can either post them here, or on our forums ( https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/ ) if you wish to see what the wider community thinks! We appreciate your genuine and honest comments about the game and our service, so we've taken note of what you wrote to us here and we will make sure the team sees this. Rest assured, your feedback is always taken seriously. 

Stay safe out there... 

The Dead by Daylight Team "

What I am going to do is very simple, go put a report on Steam, stating that they are violating people's privacy (which is 100% real), because those X players eliminated/banned from Steam should not continue to appear, pampering them ( you, because it's your fault), that they can see what we're doing, without giving us the chance to remove them from your game in any way.

Well, I'm embarrassed that you'd look the other way with something of this nature.

• El_Dios_Chocobo

This is my last message to the community.

Given the inaction of the team that should solve problems in the game, including system vulnerabilities, or protecting the privacy of people, who wants to see if they are online or not (even being deleted / blocked in your platform), because that is what the "friends" list is for and it is the individual privacy of each one.

I have decided to post what happened to Steam, given the inactivity and carelessness received in the face of a topic like this. Let them decide what to do (if they think it convenient).

Regarding this problem, my best advice is that you return the game explaining what happens on your platform (if you can and you think it convenient), or at least complain, as I do on both sites, so that they solve problems of this indole

I have removed the LOG, it is silly to put it, since you are not really going to do anything about it (clear things). I only know that if you release another game, many people I know (including me), you will not see a penny (and many more people who are angry with your company and that I do not know, you can see it in many public forums wherever you go, seeing that what you "do" with the community that you should "take care of", because it is the one who buys you a product from which they do not expect this type of failure and that is balanced in all aspects).

There are a lot of nice people in the game and a lot more toxic people (unfortunately). But even so, people will remember this game and your company, but above all, what you did (not to say, what you didn't do, or didn't change), because it doesn't matter whether you're toxic or a good person, when things go wrong , people don't forget it and your sales will drop drastically.

With that said, I wish all the players the best. Do not consent to this type of failure and inaction, because the last voice is up to us, the players, because we are the ones who support the gaming industry.

A hug.