Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it bad to dc while facing a tunneler

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

So I was facing a Ghostface and I unhook a person he popped on hook he hits me I save and try body blocking but he just goes put of his way to just chase the other survivor until they were on death hook they dced one their last down do I blame them no. We weren't even playing sweating it was the start of the match so how could be sweaty at the very start so if someone DCed because of a tunneller do you Starr getting mad at them?

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I know people are going to say run Decisive so I'm going to say if you're being tunneled, run Windows of Opportunity. In order to get killers to stop tunneling you have to teach them tunneling is a mistake. If you can't do anything about it, then at least queue times are short and it's not a big deal. At most you lose your item.

My problem is as soon as a match starts I instantly hop on a generator, which means most of the time I'm the first survivor in a chase. If the killer is gonna tunnel, they're gonna tunnel me. If I quit every match I got tunneled then I'd have lost all my items a long time ago.

You just have to show them that tunneling is a mistake, which require solid survivor play. Can you always do that? No, but it's possible even with window blockers and all the survivor nerfs.

(Bring back infinites, I dare ya.)

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Yeah. To me it looks like babyraging that can't handle losing in a game. Also like someone earlier said you will be ruining the game for others if you just leave.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It is bad for the leaver, as they sit a five minute time out, which is for misbehaving children, how people feel no shame for that is beyond me. But everyone has their kinks, I guess.

It is also bad for their teammates, as you heavily reduce their chance of winning by abandoning them.

You know who it is not bad for? The killer. Rofl. If I want to win, I am so happy when one of you makes my job easier.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Well, you are rewarding the killer for tunneling, actually.

His goal is to get rid of you as soon as possible. And you help him by saving him time he doesnt have to carry you to the hook, get rid of the possibility of a save through a pallet, flashlight or sabotage.

So it all depends if you like being tunneled. IF you do, dc-ing will help you meet more killers that do that.

(the same is true for camping. let go on the hook, and you save the killer time, instead of buying your team time to punish the killer for it by genrushing).

Also, i heared that some survivors think they somehow punish the killer by making the game boring for them. Here is some news. For killers, the game is very stressful, so you not make it boring, you make it relaxed.

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202

As annoying as tunneling can be DCing is just giving killer what they want. They want you out of the game asap and a dc saves them a lot of time now they go after your team.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Depending on how close the game is that time spent carrying the tunneled survivor to the hook could be the difference between 3E or a 4K. If you're about to be taken out of the game, waste as much of the killer's time as possible to give a better chance to your teammates.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

look, i know that being tunneled is frustrating most of the times, but it's a gameplay mechanic, while quitting from a game should be limited only for emergencies since you'll not only ruin the game for everyone else, but you'll also deny certain perks and game mechanics (scourge hooks, pop goes to weasel, sole survivor, hook destroyed in that zone of the map, fast track, etc etc)

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

Tunneling early is the same as survivor DCing, Both will ruin the match and will end it quickly.

So it depends on what your teammates doing. If the teammates doing great with gens giving them any more time to help is better than dc'ing. But if they are crouching or opening chests. then it dosen't matter what you do at this point.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited April 2022

Sorry but dcing outside of any kind of real-life emergency or hackers is bad.

In this particular case i would say the impact on the trial was minimal if they truly were on death hook but the killer still saved 10-20 seconds with that to be earlier on the next chase.

Also, DCs while being on death hook or even during the third hook animation are the most stupid ones i could imagine. Throwing everything earned during the trial away just to skip a 10 second death animation and/or trying to spite the killer somehow.

• DeadBySunlight
    DeadBySunlight Member Posts: 30

The best choice to do against a tunneler is keep them busy as long as you can! All those seconds could be use on a gen (if the randoms can handle it)

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

How about don't unhook in front of killer.

This was your fault.

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421

Like Bubba said it really only punishes your teammates. For the killer (me) it's awesome. If people start dcing whenever I tunnel them you bet your butt I'll be tunneling as often as possible.

• toastcrusher
    toastcrusher Member Posts: 110

wrong place to ask, you ruin the game for the rest will be the most givin responce.....that the killer ruins the game is ok.

if you dont have fun in a game then who is anybody to say what you can or cant do. As long this game promotes this kind of behaviour, people will leave the game by DC or kill them self on hook....i know i do.

I play killer more now and i never tunnel or go back to a hook, cause i know the feeling. It destroys all fun in a game.

Survivor is almost unplayable with the stomping, tunneling camping and tryhards who think that they win a miljon dollars at the end.

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147

How is playing survivor almost unplayable?? I'm a killer main and playing survivor is a cakewalk compared to being a killer. If it's almost impossible for you it's not because of the killer. It's because your not getting better

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

"As long this game promotes this kind of behaviour, people will leave the game by DC or kill them self on hook....i know i do."

Just to be clear. That's not the game. When you intentionally suicide or DC against a camping or tunneling killer, you are literally giving them what they want. That, in turn makes it more likely that person will continue to camp and tunnel, as Everytime they do so, they are rewarded with an easier match where survivors kill themselves for the killer. You directly promote the behavior you claim makes the game "unfun" by making it the most useful way to get players out early.

• toastcrusher
    toastcrusher Member Posts: 110

indeed, i'm not the best looper as a survivor....that makes you a target for killers but 99 of all matches i play, the entire solo team is destroyed, so i guess i'm not the only one who sucks.....with that said i play cause i want to have fun, like using fun builds ect....just not possible anymore sinds 99% of killers i meet just want a fast and easy game.

And to be clear this and the so called SWF's is widly discussed so not a problem that is unknown to the entire playerbase.

This discussion has been closed.