Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The obvious solution to SWF

13»

Comments

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328

how DARE survuvors play with friends. how DARE they communicate with said friends. ESPECIALLY HOW DARE THEY RUIN MY, THE KILLER'S, DBD EXPERIENCE BY NOT LETTING ME WIN UGHHHH

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

It would probably be easier to add quick messages in game, so it's up to the survivors to share information. Just a text radial, and messages appear next to the character portrait. Doesn't take much space on the screen, and a good indicator to let everyone else information you know or want to share.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Do not identify the swf team. Place a percentage heal/repair handicap on swf equal to the number of survivours pre matchmaking lobby and increase base solo heal repair speeds. Solos have it pretty bad and desperatly need help.. what that percentage might be im not so sure but a small debuff might help close the gap and encourage solos to continue pushing through the bad experiances.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

That's a bad idea. I wanna meme with my friends

• HelloKitty2022
    HelloKitty2022 Member Posts: 146

But this is in most cases a problem. Why do you think we have less killers at evening and very long queue for survs then? Why do you think matchmaking has to be adapt and almost always give killers a bad experience and these killers will stop playin killer too?

And if you buff killers its even gettin worse for solo survs. No matter how you twist and turn it the problem is the swf squad!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,217

I think there are a lot of reasons for a population imbalance. There's no social aspect to playing killer and you can't play with friends (custom matches don't count).

You have to be "on" all the time when playing killer. There's no reprieve in the gameplay i.e. gens. This doesn't mean killer is too hard per se, but it requires more attention span. I'm certainly not logging in for a relaxing killer session after 9 hrs of work. On the weekends, sure.

But beyond all of this, we don't even know what a healthy surv vs killer ratio is. People leaked some numbers and everyone assumes they're bad. That could be a normal ratio and we would never know. We have zero basis for comparison. Just a few days snippet out of context

• HelloKitty2022
    HelloKitty2022 Member Posts: 146

Almost every one made the experience that there are not enough killers esp. at evening/night. There was a ratio of 1:50 at east coast server some days ago. I - and many others too - experience lobby dodging by killers at evening time and i agree with you that playin killer usually (and esp. against swf squad) is somehow bull*! ;)

So i draw the consequence the problem is swf. Of course all swf fans will rage against this point of view but nevertheless its a fact. Without SWF it would extremely easy to balance dbd.

And i can understand swf fans since i played swf too and with voice chat its great fun for sure. But 100% and only for swf. Thinking more about it i came to conclusion this destroy the game. In an ideal dbd there would be at least the option to exclude swf for killers/solo survs. Then swf has to get along with these killers who still like to be bullied and outplayed by swf squads that know every part of every map and coordinate perks in order to win every match.

• MrsJukes
    MrsJukes Member Posts: 17

"Having more than one friend should be illegal. Remove this, my pet devs."